Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Psyker posted:

How can you make an OP for a Mega Man appreciation thread and not have a gigantic picture of spikes?

gently caress spikes.

Also, gently caress spikes at the very bottom of really long drops that you have absolutely no time to react to.

Further, gently caress spikes at the very bottom of really long drops lines with spikes that you have absolutely no time to react to.

You thought the current spikes were bad? Just imagine if Wily had his way! :science:

*edit*
I'm blind :eng99:

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 12, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The Merkinman posted:

Looking at the first guy's head gives me a centurion helmet vibe. Maybe he's Ro-Man? :downsrim:

The second reminds me of

:gonk:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Question, finished the original series and x1 - 3. Picked up the Zero Collection on the DS and enjoyed it, are there any other platformer megaman games that are worth looking into? Namely for the DS anyway?

You can always try out the rom hacks. The vast majority of them are for Megaman 2 and like all projects like these most are terrible but there are some golden eggs. Rockman No Constance (MM2) is my favorite with Rockman Deus Ex Machina (MM2, made by the same guy as RnC) and Wily's Dream Machine (MM5) are impressive (but hard).

If you have a flashcard to play homebrew on, you can snag a NES emulator for the DS and play them on the DS that way too.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Pump Man is a great early boss to kill in MM10. He's a bit harder than Sheep Man but the weapon you get is far, far more useful. Thunder Cloud is a pain to aim with until you're use to it but Water Shield is loving murder.

You could do Sheep Man -> Pump Man since Pump is weak to Sheep's weapon too. Just get ready to rip your hair out trying to hit anything with Thunder Cloud the first few times.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Spiffo posted:

The wheel one lets you climb walls for some reason...

:aaa: This I didn't know. I'll have to try it out next time

Another biggy: The ice weapon does little damage but it does freeze enemies. Unless the ice hits the ground/wall where it becomes a spike trap for enemies!

The knife weapon moves up or down based on if you're up in the air or not. Strikeman's weapon bounces off walls. I think there was something about Solarman's weapon but damned if I don't remember it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

MM&B fortress stage 2 and all of its god drat bosses is a brutal slog of a stage. Game over on the giant King robot and gotta fight the whole pile of bosses again.

But the worst bit is it doesn't even have a castle with a giant skull or, I dunno what King has for a theme. A giant crown castle? What the gently caress are you even doing Capcom with that lovely rear end fortress splash screen.

At least the music is good.