Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
poo poo, Mandi Paugh could have been the community manager and these people still would have lost their god drat minds over the fact that a woman is in that position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Interesting fact about her. She worked on the art assets for some Gameboy Advance Dragon Ball Z games ten years ago and she's even on-screen and talks about the work a little bit. You can find that staff interview on the Broly: Legendary Super Saiyan DVD.

I'm also going to remind myself that I've been looking up Mega Man fan websites since I was a fourth grader in 1996.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
So what happens if enough money gets refubded to damage the project?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I love how people bitch and moan that Dani isn't well versed in the Mega Man franchise, yet the only games most people have played are Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X. poo poo, she could just spend a couple of hours a day for a week on a few key titles and know everything she needs to.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Sometimes that complaining gets so unbearable or extreme that you can't be around that person anymore. I know a guy that hated Skyward Sword so much that he won't go anywhere near it or anything there after and that the IP is dead to him. Even when asked if the next Zelda title ends up being something universally amazing, he won't even consider it.

People are loving weird.

blackguy32 posted:

No, you see you are only a Mega Man fan if you have played Mega Man 2

If you've played Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X, then you're hardcore. If you've played Mega Man 3 and those other two games, then you're some obsessed weirdo that needs help. Seriously, the list of games you need to be familiar with is pretty fuckin small.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Dec 13, 2013

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Penakoto posted:

I liked Armor Armadillos stage, and anything with the mech suits, the most.

Currectly stuck in the vertical area right after defeating Vile with Zero. Playing this on the PSP and doing precise wall jumps with enemies constantly respawning is super tough.

I assume you're playing Maverick Hunter X. You can use either Homing Torpedoes or a charged up Rolling Shield if you got the arm part from Dr. Light.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
For those of you that aren't particularly skilled at getting in front of the second rock crusher, I highly recommend feeding them Fire Wave or Storm Tornadoes. I also recommend using Storm Tornado on everything anyway.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
How broken is Storm Tornado in Maverick Hunter X? Well I'll tell you.

Get the arm part from Dr. Light so you can charge up your special weapons. Charge up Rolling Shield so you have a barrier around you. Use L or R to change weapons and you will still have the barrier up. I recommend Storm Tornado while wearing the shield.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Unless you're playing the PC version*, and I highly doubt that. Also, since I forgot to mention it, Maverick Hunter X is on the Playstation Store, but you have to search under Mega Man because that's what the title begins with. Or just pay for it here.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Ugh. I understand completely that Mighty No. 9 and the people behind it are not hiding the fact that it's essentially Mega Man, but could they at least try to make the names slightly more different.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Tengames posted:

MM8 has the best weapon system in letting you use the buster and weapon at the same time without switching, making actually using the weapons convinent, rather then having to switch once the energy runs dry and switch back once a energy drops. why they didn't do it ever again for classic megaman is beyond me.

You can do that too in X4 and X5, but if you're insane like me and use the default controls, then you learn that it's not easy to do.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
If it weren't for all the god drat furries, the Sonic fandom wouldn't be that bad.

But I know if I was behind some kind of work with a fandom, I'd hate most of them anyway.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Discendo Vox posted:

What do you think is the worst Classic Series miniboss, and why?

None of them really stand out as being worse than the others.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

senae posted:

The rock miniboss from crystal man's stage in mm9 is by far my least favourite. If I could slide it would be OK, as it is I die twice trying to get past the thing every time.

It's frustrating it is.

Feed it Hornet Chasers, Plug Balls, or Tornado Blow.

Tengames posted:

I forget which stage is , but the miniboss in megaman 8 where you're falling down a waterfall. It constantly destroys the platforms you're on so you're spend mos of the time falling and it just rams into you as you cant dodge it. Its also either above or below you and none of the first 4 weapons you get or megaball can actually hit it.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFCv6uAGb8&t=148s
This fucker, at the 2:30 mark. Named Gorone according to MMKB

Flash Bomb or Astro Crush.

Seriously people, use your god drat weapons.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Tengames posted:

I keep forgeting flash bomb does decent damage on minibosses because its a multi hit attack and I just assume the hits are lost to enemy hit invincibility.And you save Astro Crush for Aquaman.

I believe that your weapons replenish when you transition to the second half of each stage. Either way, there's plenty of weapon energy that the game gives you that you should be able to reach Aquaman with a full stock again. You do know that the big energy refills the big surprise balloons drop will refill your selected weapon entirely, right?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The sting from Boobeam Trap would have not been so bad if the check point was a little further in to the stage and the enemies that you have to farm weapon energy from weren't so tough already.

I'm weird and am okay with trap rooms like this that are meant to get you once or twice while you try to figure out a way through, though I think an alternative to Crash Bomber would have been better. I imagine that there would have been if there had been a sequel to Mega Man Powered Up.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Fortunately, your rank in Zero 1 is completely meaningless. You'll need an A rank if you want the cyber elf in Ciel's bedroom, but all you get for being at least an A-rank is the opportunity to see the bosses use other attacks. This does not excuse the game's difficulty, but I'm under the impression that the Zero games were not made to be easy even if things like the factory were fixed. And that's okay.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I prefer his Japanese name: Condorrock

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

I"m 12 minutes into this and this might as well be an episode of Family Guy.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Hedgeshock has the best voice in that game. skskskskskWHOA

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
No.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Penakoto posted:

There's doing it well and timing it right (Tron in MvC3, stuff in Dead Rising), then there's stuff like this and the box art Megaman that happened way back that just come across as middle fingers, not fan service or anything good.

Tron has precedence by being in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Tengames posted:

I never got why if they really did have a demo almost done, they didn't just stick that up on the e-shop and be done with it. Even if it didnt sell that well, they'd more likely then not recoup the cost of putting it on the e-shop.

I imagine putting up a demo on the Nintendo eShop costs money. And when all you're doing is putting up a demo for people to play for free just to see if it's worth carrying on the project is a gigantic money sink. You don't put out demos unless you're committed to completing the project in the first place.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Oh, well then. I bought a 3DS for Pokemon Y and waited until I could get my 3DS XL until Target's Black Friday sale, so I missed that part. And I also haven't played a demo of a game since something like 1999, so it was a presumption that game demos are still put out before the finished game sometimes (the Metal Gear Solid demo I played had Japanese voice acting because the English voice acting hadn't been completed or started yet).

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
They want that Angry Birds money.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TaurusOxford posted:

That implies that the events of Megaman should be happening right now. Where's my robot apocalypse?! :colbert:

Turns out that we like weed.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I got this for my birthday I win.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Discendo Vox posted:

What is the most difficult robot master level in the classic series, all forms, to perfect run, buster only?

It's probably Quickman's stage. Turboman's stage is tricky too but you can at least slide to get away from the flame pillars coming at you. Shademan's stage can also be difficult if you take the path with no light and haven't memorized where the platforms are. Other than that, the only other hard ones I can think of are Gutsman and Iceman's stages but they're just annoying more than anything else.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Discendo Vox posted:

These answers are surprising me- and I'm not sure I've made the question clear. I meant, which robot master stages are hardest to perfect run, i.e. with no damage, buster only?

Probably Iceman's stage because you're at the mercy of the platforms and that they will shoot.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Simply Simon posted:

So is it like really expensive and/or difficult (to program) for developers to put their games up on VC, or is this just their twisted idea of fan participation?

Super Mario Bros. 3 has been listed as "coming soon" for as long as I've had my 3DS XL since November. It's not that it's difficult to port the games, it's just some business decision. Their Japanese counterparts have all been released on the Virtual Console. What's taking so long is anyone's guess.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 1, 2014

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
That attack is Super Sentai as gently caress.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dresh posted:

Calling Bad Box Art as one of MM's alt colors. Hopefully that makes his Final Smash partners resemble the various other BBA Mega Mans.

Are we counting the package illustrations for Mega Man 3-5? That one's not so bad. The only ones that are really bad are the US and European illustrations of Mega Man 2 and the latter's only bad for being the wrong color and looking 30 years too old. The illustrations for Mega Man 9 and 10 are awful on purpose.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dabir posted:

although Star Crash and Plant Barrier are basically the same and Skull Barrier is worse than both

I'm sorry, but one can be thrown and the other can't be.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't know what $300,000 per episode for an animated television show meant in 1994 (probably a lot), but I have a feeling that even if the show turned out looking like the pitch, he animation in the episodes would not have been that good.

But I think some of those shots did make it into the final product's opening sequence.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I wonder if the facelift happened because something that looked like a Japanese anime went right over executive heads. They probably went, "why doesn't it look like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Make it look like Ninja Turtles," before giving the show the green light.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Mega Man Xtreme won out on the vote for first game to get on the 3DS Virtual Console. Really?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I think this guy did a pretty good job with it. But even then, a lot it is pretty bland and repetitive.

Huge improvement, though. I don't know how you make a Gameboy make sounds like that.

You don't. You take the music and have it play on the NES's hardware.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
A friend of mine has a Protomen album on vinyl. :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Yvonmukluk posted:

I too dig the Protomen. Not sure I'd go so far as to get their album on vinyl though. I don't even own a gramophone. That's what you use to play vinyl, right?

I don't think the words "gramophone" or "phonograph" have been in the American vernacular since before my grandparents were born. Most people call them record players or turntables, and I love my turntable.

I'd never own a Protomen album on vinyl, CD, or digitally because I don't like them at all. Though now I need to check if any Rockman music ever got released on vinyl in the 90s because that would be a fun curiosity to have. I do know that there's some Gradius music on vinyl out there that was released in magazines where you'd peel the record out of a page. The quality's probably poo poo, but it'd be an interesting thing to have.