Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.
Am I alone in greatly preferring the X series to the main series? The 8-bit games are too rigid for my taste. The SNES X games are all pretty much awesome and while the PSX games are getting into crazy territory with the animes and generally ridiculous poo poo I still prefer them to the main series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the music yet. The whole X series has pretty consistently excellent music. My personal favorite from X1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYdSLaVu9p4&feature=related

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

You didn't even find out Sue was raped until you find out who did it!

Anyway, back in Mega Man related stuff: I'm hoping that the 8-bit Mega Man does mean that they eventually go back to the X series. While I liked the Zero games, they were really not anything like the X games. I'd like to see them go back to the basics there. No Axl, maybe Zero, just animal-themed robot enemies, armor pieces and a hidden Street Fighter move somewhere.

I wouldn't be opposed to such a game with the PSX tech I would just hope they get rid of most of the needlessly complex gameplay mechanics as you suggest. That and jettisoning the anime would be pretty much awesome.