Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I prefer X1,X2, and X3 to anything that came after it. Megaman Zero I dislike the designs, game mechanics, and there's too much plot factoring in to everything. X1,X2,X3 had a bit more plot than classic, but not much more.

I also have three games from the Battle Network games, which I have a love hate relationship with since I LOVE their battle system but it is the only part of the game I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Cabbagepots posted:

I mean, alright, I loving get it, NES-style graphics have a nostalgic charm, make a new loving game already. When are we going to see a truly modern, epic return of Megaman? When MM9 was first announced I was hoping that's what it would be, but instead it ended up just being an NES throwback. I just sort of half-smiled when I find out about it, and I was hopeful that it was just a graphical thing and hopefully it would throw an interesting gameplay twist somewhere within, then I bought it and found out that it was basically just a Megaman 3 romhack with absolutely nothing new.
:argh:

We had Megaman X4-8, Megmman Zero, Megaman Powered up (THERE'S YOUR ATTEMPT AT A MODERN MEGAMAN), Megaman Marverick hunter X, Megaman zx and zx: advance, and that's not even counting the battle networks games.

Look at all those modern epic Megaman games

None of them made as much as a profit as Megaman 9.

Pardon my tone but there's been the same neckbearded criticism all over the internet and I'm tired of it. They've tried to "innovate" in every possible direction for years now and the pre-32 bit generation games have always still been the best in my mind. I do not want a stupid plot to geek out about. I do not want to have my progress in a level graded or have to grind for parts (Which is one of the reasons I did not like what I played of the zero games. I do not care about multiple characters and would rather have levels that are well designed around a single character.

They tried to innovate for years and they got criticized, and now they're going back to a formula that actually works with much lower production values (refreshing in these days of billion dollar games that you do not actually play, which is one reason I do not play modern games) and all the nerds on the internet are screaming that a romhacker could do the same in a week.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
There's better ways to wild guess.
1.) The entire plot is about a virus that makes robots go crazy, and Wily's probably behind it. Sounds suspiciously like the problem that starts Megaman X's woes.
2.) Third none-DLC playable character if I have my facts straight. Bass is DLC, so who could that be?
3.) X=10 in roman numerals, which would make setting up a tie in in this game a really fun little call out.

Honestly I'm pretty much kidding and if they do start the bridge it will probably not be anything huge, maybe just showing Dr. Light building X or something, they are not done making new Megaman sequels yet.

PS.) Infune himself has deconfirmed the theory that Zero killed the original cast. Google for it or something, just wanted to bring that out early.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

TaurusOxford posted:

You're pretty much right on the money Chumpy. Here's the fight itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgLr19eYoH8

You know I'd be a silly nerd and watch a series that looked like this if it had even decent voice acting.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

ohnoitschris posted:

They just explained the whole point of Sheep Man. They wanted another electricity-based boss, but of course can't just use ElecMan again. So, Electricity... Static electricity. What can make static electricity? Wool! What grows wool? Sheep!

Sheep man!

:v:

They look for an animal that makes electricity and sheep are the first thing they think of? This could've been Eelman?
And it's not like they couldn't have looked for a synonym or something, hasn't stopped them from making an ice man and a fire man every drat game.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

D is That Guy posted:

It's not likely to be Zero. I'll bet it would be Duo before it would be Zero. Unfortunately it's even more likely that it would be Roll. I'm still hoping that it's a comedy Servbot option though.

Um what little of a plot exists states that Roll is sick and that's what Megaman is fighting for. I don't think it's possible for it to be Roll.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
The story I heard was that he was basically Boomerang Cockroach and when they brought it to the states they got grossed out by the idea of it and made him Boomer Kuwanger.

Reminds me of how I hated how they stopped translating the boss names after X4.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Smoke posted:

That it's a design based on the Greek letter Sigma.

in all my years of playing Megaman X AND of being a math major so that the greek letter Sigma is very familiar to me I have never made this connection.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Which makes no sense as he appears in X2 and X3.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
If that was really going to happen, it would have been pretty interesting. The only way we will get more X games that played like the original without five hundred extra pointless mechanics and characters is if the plot was re-written completely to allow for it. I consider what happened to Mega man X to be almost like what happened to the Sonic the Hedgehog series.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I'd like to just step out and defend the Battle Network series since I have not seen one positive post about it in this thread.

Well, alright, maybe not so positive. I'm not a big JRPG guy and I hate kid protagonists, and not much for having plots in games in general unless it's Mother 3, and the dungeon gimmicks were completely inane so everything but the Battle System sucked IMO. (Though the first three games had the best plot)

But the battle system was loving amazing.

Unlike most JRPGs, there is no need to grind, because you can dodge and shoot in real time. Thus, you can finish any battle, but it will take a long time without the right guns. The faster you finish a battle, the better the rewards you get out of it. Finishing a battle quickly (unless you are using a certain game breaker from BN2) is not just a matter of choosing a huge gun and firing it, because the guns you get every round are randomized, and enemies in different areas have different weaknesses and probably need different folders.

Thus building folders and customizing the main character becomes very interesting strategically. Choosing the guns for the next round can be intense, as you wonder if you will be able to make the hit, etc. I can imagine it being boring if you're satisfied with letting every battle drag out for 10 seconds and make no attempt at a strategic folder.

Also, whether you're fighting a boss or just enemies you can always mess with the terrain and with objects on the playing field in clever ways.

tl;dr, it's intense, customizable, grindless, rewards cleverness and strategy and solves most of the problems I've had with other JRPGs.

It wasn't Megaman jumping on platforms but does everything have to be?
E: this might seems awkward because I am really not feeling good right now

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 18, 2010

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

raditts posted:

He looks exactly like the guy in this picture from that lovely Transfomers Animated cartoon.

Shut up I loved that cartoon

E: vvv He died the last episode so it's good

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 18, 2010

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Look, if they made a Megaman cartoon half as good as the (decidely spotty but surprisingly entertaining) Transformers cartoon you'd all watch it, it's not like the old Megaman cartoon was the Venture Brothers.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

lDDQD posted:

X1-X3 are excellent.

I think X4 is also fairly good (if a lot easier, ... or plain impossible, if you play as Zero). X5 and on is where it went downhill.

The Z series are mediocre at best, however the 2nd ZX game (MegaMan ZX Advent for the DS) is awesome. I actually like it more than the X series.

I think some of my disdain from the Zero series and ZX is that I loving suck at them. I cannot even get past the spider miniboss in ZX:A. It might be because I am older and worse at videogames than when I played X1-X3.

wigtrade.cc posted:

X2 is the only one I can remember the boss order on

Ostrich Sponge Gator Crab Violen Stag Moth Serges Centipede Agile Snail

When I am stressed as a grounding technique sometimes I attempt to name all the bosses I can from the classic and X series and which games they are from. Last time I think I only forgot Top Man, Centaur Man, and Crystal Man, and some bosses from X7 or X8 (Which I have not played anyway)

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 27, 2010

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Shields are a staple of the series, having been in Mega Man 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, and now 10. I hope I didn't forget a shield in 4 or 7 there.
junk shield in 7
skull barrier in 4

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Rockman and Forte didn't have a traditional shield. Instead it had a weapon that generated a wall of ice you could hide behind, jump on, or use as a stepping stone in water.

Man the guns in that game were so awesome

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

StickySweater posted:

I used to think Vile was the best secondary villain ever. I loved the guy. I must have spent hours messing around with that first battle with him in X1. They managed to use restraint and not include him in X2, but brought him back for X3. "Brilliant!" my teenage mind thought.

Yeah, I don't know. He's still kinda neat for a Boba Fett ripoff.

I thought the X-hunters were the best gimmick ever, especially since it fit in the game's plot without having to be forced, and I wish either that mechanic or the X-Hunters themselves would return.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Smoke posted:

Battle Network is awesome if you only play 2, 3 and 6(And maybe 5) 4 is terrible(See the ongoing BN Let's Play thread for plenty of reasons) and 1 is kinda mediocre.

You have to like the overall idea of Megaman in an action-RPG though, but the combat system is solid and has some neat exploitables.

I find it really amusing how people who do not like Battle Network talk about it like it's the antichrist.

Then again, the only thing I liked about it was the Battle System, even though it was a near perfect battle system. No grinding to improve little numbers, lots of modifiability, lots of creative tactics, and it was very challenging and fast paced.

Your mileage will vary on the robot designs, the plot's kind of stupid, the characters are terrible, but such a unique and wonderful battle system.

However, I think if you're wanting to get into the side scrolling Megamans it's probably a good idea to stay far away from the BN series, and probably read the LPs before starting with them to get an idea of what they actually are.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'd only really dig another X game if it was SNES style and either took place before X5, or was an alternate X6 where Zero never comes back and X finally fights Dr. Wily (or has that final climactic battle with Zero they hinted at for 3 games but never did and gave me the biggest case of videogame blueballs ever).

Chinaman7000 posted:

Megaman X will always be cool in my brain for some reason, and I will never know why. If they did a sorta-reboot with a simpler story and less ham-fisted attempts at drama, and absolutely 0 gimmick levels, they would have a solid game people would be excited about.

Even though I loving suck at these games (Cannot ever advance past the first levels of the ZX games) I really agree.
These complaints and how the later games became Mega Man "Zero and his buddy X!!!!" instead of just X were what I did not like. Played X4 years and years after X and it just felt all wrong. I do not like Zero. I do not like fighting with swords and I hate his hair.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Hey, Battle Networks battle system, battles, and upgrade systems are loving awesome!

Yeah, everything else about it is pretty terrible but the battle system is the best battle system I ever played. I'm on the fence on whether they're good games.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Well, you guys are pretty cool.

Usually mentioning Battle Network in a Mega Man thread causes a bunch of incredibly hyperbolic negative posts even on saner forums, wasn't really expecting somewhat positive sentiment.

My problem with them is that so much besides the battle system went wrong that it's hard to pick them up and play them again when I really want to play with the battle system. There's so much silly plot and overworld and stuff to slog through, and you have to go through hours of it to even get to the upgrade mechanics and cooler virus battles and chips.

That's probably why I still love Mega Man Classic and Mega Man X1-3.

Barely any plot whatsoever. You're Mega Man. Go stop Dr. Wily. No plot to sit through whatsoever. And somehow that's all still awesome.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I like how the guy with a Battle Network av is the guy ranting about Megaman games being repetitive and unoriginal.

On one hand Battle Network has a really inventive and unique battle system

On the other hand said user's battle network avatar is ironic:

Screaming Idiot posted:

I totally agree with you. Megaman Battle Network and its spinoffs are the worst thing to happen to Megaman since Rule34. As much as I dislike Megaman 9 and 10 -- which, honestly, are objectively good games, they're just forgettable as Megaman games -- I'd rather play through them 100 times as slideless, chargeless Megaman than play 10 minutes of any MMBN game.

Honestly it's kind of funny how Mega Man 9 + 10's old school graphics alone make people on the internet so drat angry.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Interestingly enough, Wire Sponge is also called Wire Sponge in Japan I think, but he's not a sponge at all, he's some kind of plant with vines.

THAT is what I find confusing.
I think it's awesome that in X2 they have the animal kingdom at their disposal because it's only the second game, and they include a centipede, a crab whose design does not even incorporate claws, a snail, an ostrich, a moth, and a sponge as the bosses.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

TaurusOxford posted:

Infinity Water Flea...yeah.

Infinity Flea is a nice idea in theory. It's not out of nowhere, it's a reference to a poem:
Great fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em,
And little fleas have lesser fleas, and so ad infinitum.

To bad the implementation was kind of poo poo.

quote:

Going to say right now the Maverick names in X5 and X6 were horrible.
So were X7 and X8's.
I wonder why they changed to Japanese-English clusterfuck names in the first place.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

LemonLimeTime posted:

poo poo I almost forgot my most wanted future MegaMan release that will never come to fruition:
MegaMan X9 with SNES graphics.

X9 with SNES graphic, SNES music, only three or four voice bubbles of dialog in a given cutscene, no nightmares or sigma viruses, and NO ZERO or AXL. I think that having to design levels for multiple characters led to their detriment, and I disliked the gimmick bloat.

Actually, you know what, call it X4 alt. or something, a "how would we have done X4 if it was an SNES game".

Not going to happen but I can dream. :allears:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I feel bad every time people talk about how ZX and ZX-A aren't so difficult because I've had the games acouple years each at least and I've only ever finished the first bosses of each :smith:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Schwarzwald posted:

Do you have trouble even on easy mode?
If you can beat X1 then you really shouldn't have trouble with either ZX.

Never tried easy mode, but I have the Mega Man zero collection just so I can try it on easy mode - used to have Zero 4, the one everyone said was the easiest, and struggled with it. But I beat Mega Man X easily as a kid and I'm going to try to beat it again at some point.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
You have to admit that cancelling everything Megaman related that people were looking forward to and then making GBS threads this out reflects pretty badly on them.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm weird because I prefer the X series to the NES games, but I have to say X1 and X4 are my favorites too. Both of them have lovely last bosses though.

Now that there will never be another MM game, how were the Battle Network games? I might as well play through some of them but which ones/is it worth it at all?

I loved the Zero games too, I think I'll revisit them.
Its hard to decide which ones are worth it, but 1 and 4 are terrible. Do not play them, this is unanimous.

If you can get past the gba music and the annoying plot, they are very unique and fun games. The battle system allows for a lot of customization and cleverness. Not only do you have guns, but you can change terrain and add obstacles to the battlefield, and you get better rewards based on how well you play. So there's a lot of rewards for how well you customize.
There is no levelling whatsoever. There is a lot of farming, and post game you might need to figure out where the most powerful stuff is.
Encounters are random, levels are mostly running through somewhat confusing maps with random encounters.
I'll try to classify what gameplay is in each:

2 I havent played, seems to have the least features but its still fun and playable. I think style changes (new abillties depending on what guns you use) are in but I'm not sure about the program editor (instead of armor and accessories you arrange blocks in a grid. And you can put in more than you should have but then Megaman will have bugs).
Seems to be the easiest to break.
3 played through most of this, it does have style changes and the program editor along with great bosses and encounters.
5 this has many things. You still have the program editor no longer have style changes, you instead get to transform Megaman with souls based on what chips you have and what point you are in the game. You also have dark chips, and it becomes a pseudo strategy game instead of random encounters before most of the bosses. That part has mixed reviews (some did not like how you only have 3 turns to finish an encounter on the battlefield), but it was my first bn game and I liked it.
6 cross system works differently, you no longer have the strategy game, Megaman can turn into a monster sometimes. And you have the program editor. Like 5 you sometimes can play as other guys but I still preferred having that in the strategy game. Ymmv.

Wrote this on a phone so sorry if anything is unclear

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Momomo posted:

All six of them are good games, you just need to keep in mind 1 was the first of the series, so it's bound to be really clunky, and 4 was just an odd experiment in plot.

The other 4 are much better.
Number 4 has game breaking bugs, and there are many reasons not to play it besides plot which I'm not even factoring in. (I don't remember them that well though, later i'll check the Lp threads for a consensus on why it was terrible besides the game stopping bugs and awful plot and translation even for this series. But there's a STRONG consensus against it)
Number 1 is incredibly tedious (grinding is required, bosses and mechanics are primitive, you can't even run away from boring encounters because its a chip)

They might be playable, but most say they aren't as fun or interesting and so I wouldnt recommend them for someone who isn't already invested in the series.

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 26, 2012

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Leadthumb posted:

When you get the Wire power in 4 it lets you headbang to the BGM by pressing up over and over. It's also the first one that lets you charge your regular shot. Maybe it's a little easy compared to 2 and 3?

Who the heck doesn't like 4?
You're thinking of classic Megaman.
We're talking about Battle network 4, which has no headbanging. Only a horrible program/accessory that makes Megaman tell crappy jokes.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm sorry guys, but Battle Network and Command Mission are just so loving boring. I like running around and shooting things in my Mega Man games, thank you very much.

Well, the discussion was about Battle Network because someone wanted to try the games.
Also thanks to the people who backed me up there. I wouldn't want a newbie to start with the weaker entires just because they're tolerable to veterans.

Cheapsteaks posted:

That really is true. It's got such a fun battle system but you squander so much of the with storyline padding, bad dialogue, and other filler.

They could've cut out everything real world related and just focus on the Navis and it would be a much better affair, I bet.

Serenade posted:

I think the biggest problem with the MMBN games is the amount of time in game you spend not playing MMBN. Instead you are met with fetch quests, tournament arcs, and less than fun robot master stage mechanics.

I just want to play my Megaman themed, action rpg trading card game, not rap for whiskey on a plane.

This is something JRPGs fail at in general.
In fact it's a problem with RPGs for me.
MMBN's farming by skill level and huge amount of customisation and collection at least keeps things interesting. There's a lot of ways things outside battles could be improved, like if there were not random battles and some kind of dungeon-encounter interaction (like you could encounter enemies in different terrain to get a battle on it or something).

What's so frustrating is that the games were progressing in terms of mechanics and 5 even had that in the liberation missions (no random battles, position determined encounter type, etc).
But instead of progressing that further when they decided they needed ANOTHER series with Star Force, they gutted the battle system completely and then added social networking features. I have not played them but I have not heard any positive impressions.

quote:

But, as much as I love Mega Man (and that's a lot, as its my favorite game series ever), the games rarely feel like they're a "big deal." They're loads of fun, but in each one, you fight 8 bosses, then go to Dr. Wily's\Sigma's castle and make him beg on his knees. Each one kind of feels like just another day for Mega Man, rather than a big, epic adventure. I would love a Mega Man game that feels like it's a big, epic adventure sorta like the Zelda games and not just another episode. Mega Man Legends was the closest Mega Man ever got to that.
Honestly I every game these days is trying to be too epic and I can't take it seriously. I kind of wish games would scale back and not take themselves as seriously and be about a more fun experience than an epic one. The world's already beeen in peril from some cosmic entity or a another so many times now.
Sort of like Rayman origins.
that's my ideal megaman game, really, awesome animation, atmopsphere, and gameplay.
and the electrode system would be great for a megaman game - it's like the "Mission grading" thing from MMZ but far less judgemental and far less punishing to those playing the mission for reasons other than perfection because it's the number of points at the end instead of a grade. In fact, Yoshi's Island did the same thing years back.
One of the reasons I haven't beaten MMZ besides "Oh my god what happened to my reflexes :(" is that even if I do beat a level often the grade is too terrible for me to accept and I have to play again for a better one.

ImpAtom posted:

That is what Mega Man X/Zero was for. By the end of that you were having characters crash their rockets into orbital space stations and human being killed off and all sorts of bullshit. Frankly, I can do without that. These games don't need deep epic plots, they need to be fun. Any time they try to add story it tends to add more bullshit that makes the games less fun.

Maybe if they approached it like Kid Icarus Uprising and were willing to just be silly and have fun with it, but I doubt they would.

Mega Man X managed to feel epic just with the music and sprites alone and did not need narration. The best SNES platformers did that. With the huge deal ade about graphics and presentation these days I wish they would just PRESENT instead of making a lot of words.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I can read a story with a robot kid with a gun arm as the main character
I cannot read a story with a talking blue hedgehog as the main character

I probably won't read Megaman's comics anyway, unless they start rewriting X. That might be cool to see a western take on.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
the low art thing I like, Transformers, has been completely lovely for years and has recently gotten some more defensible entries (especially James Roberts work) so that's lucky I guess.

I don't feel cheated of Mega Man just yet because I don't care about the story and just like the gameplay, and there's a lot of entries to complete there. That I probably won't ever complete. Because I suuuuuck. I have yet to beat the first Zero game or get past that spider miniboss of ZX:A that destroys the floor, etc. I recently tried replaying the X series and the first game is just not nearly as easy as I remember it being when I was a kid, I guess I kind of suck at games or something.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
The thing about those "other" rpgs is that if you don't have any nostalgia the battle systems aren't really that great. I have yet to figure out what difficulty means in a JRPG other than "Didn't try the right spell/Level enough".

My reflexes are poo poo but at least when I play a platformer I'm figuring out how to maneuver around a pattern and dish out damage instead of staring at numbers, watching flashy little spell animations, and playing out an anime story. I think the one reason why I keep meaning to finish the SNES rpgs is that later rpgs have even more of that bullshit the further you go forward in time and those at least have some odd charm and appealing atmosphere to them. It's fun to chill out and play Earthbound for a while even though you're not really doing anything and nothing disguises this.

It's been explained repeatedly though that Battle Network is not really pokemon but instead has a battle system that allows for an insane amount of creativity and customization - the grid and movement allows for actual strategy instead of futzing around with numbers.

And there is nothing remotely like them anywhere else.

No one will ever praise the story. I mean, even the old megaman games didn't have very good stories (did ANYONE play ANY megaman platformer for the story ever? Any takers?) but here they give you unskippable cutscenes. If I ever replay them, it will probably be emulated (I have the carts, so this is a thing I can do) and fast forwarding through all plot and all long trips to other chip collection areas, which might cut down on the annoyance (and I'll only replay 3,5, and 6 - I got to the final bosses and never proceeded past them except on 5)

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
MMX always sounded like its music was sort of supposed to be sort of 80's electronic to me, like Devo or something, MMX2 wasn't far beyond that. MMx3's music was just garbage.

But I don't think Capcom really understood the appeal of their own game. The first two X games have a sort of whimsy to them and the plot doesn't demand you take it more seriously than a saturday morning cartoon. X1 and X2's events can be described in acouple sentences each, and X1 had enemy ostriches and turtles and miners and bunnies and they laugh at you when they hit you. Seems like later games just had warriors and "cool" animals and turrets.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Because most of it just goes Duh-NanananananaNANANANANA over and over again and when I replayed it recently I had to mute it constantly because it would start eating my brain.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
There is an x8
Supposedly it is not bad either

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Didn't he used to have a thing with Iris and all that
and after that didn't work out he didn't know what he was fighting for. Doesn't sound that professional.
I guess things changed, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
How do people feel about MM7's demake compared to the original.