Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Corrupted is going to be fantastic. What would be even better is if Capcom, out of nowhere, announces X9 as a SNES-style downloadable title or, even less likely, Maverick Hunter X2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

pokecapn posted:

Your comment is extra hilarious when you know what Inti Creates made after MM10

I love this company.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CyberConnect2′s CEO Would Be Happy To Work On Mega Man Legends 3

Siliconera posted:

Capcom partnered with Solatorobo creator and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja developer CyberConnect2 to create Asura’s Wrath. It’s a brand new intellectual property where you play as an enraged demigod who gets beat down by planet-sized bosses before turning the fight around with a dramatic comeback.

Asura’s Wrath will be CyberConnect2′s first Capcom published title when it comes out next year. Curious to see what the future could hold and since Capcom lets external developers work on established franchises, I asked Hiroshi Matsuyama, CEO and President of CyberConnect2, what Capcom series would he like to develop.

"It would be Mega Man Legends 3," exclaimed Matsuyama in a Siliconera interview. "I really like the series!" Just this week Capcom canceled the Mega Man Legends 3 project for Nintendo 3DS where fans collaborated with the development staff on creating a sequel. Matsuyama said he was disappointed by that announcement. CyberConnect2′s work on Solatorobo and Tail Concerto could be a foundation for a Mega Man Legends sequel too. Would any fans "green light" a Mega Man Legends game from the Fukuoka based developer?

Would we green light it? Pretty sure we'd green light anyone at this point.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Anyone know any good Megaman-like games out there? Preferably indie and preferably free, but definitely not Capcom-made.

Rosenkreuzstilette is a pretty great Mega Man-style doujin game. I say "style," even though it's heavily-inspired and even takes things directly from Mega Man. It's pretty great. It's not free, but there are places you can go to buy it legitimately online.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HenryEx posted:

Mega Man and Castlevania, if i remember right. So much Castlevania.

The guys involved are huge Castlevania fans, so much so that the evil guy in the game fights like a cross between Rondo of Blood Dracula and Heat Man from MM2. It's fantastic. The whole thing about "little girls" is really whatever since the game is so well made. The lead artist (and currently only guy involved in the game since the other guy vanished) does a lot of hentai artwork, and some of that comes out a little bit in the character design, but really, Rosenkreuzstilette is, at its core, designed by Mega Man fans, for Mega Man fans. Half the fun is matching what stages are taken straight from what Mega Man title.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Screaming Idiot posted:

I appreciate the suggestions, but I'm looking for something that resembles the style of Megaman as well as it gameplay.

Really, I'm hoping to find a real Megaman game, since Capcom's probably not gonna do anymore. :smith:

Really, give RKS's demo a shot.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

blackguy32 posted:

I hope that the good changes that they made to the formula in X8 stay.
I think what he's trying to say is that the changes in the formula will stay in X8, because any future X games are stuck in the limbo of speculation and "probably-not-gonna-happen," which is depressing to think about. :(

Gammatron 64 posted:

Navigators are dumb and we never needed them in the first place, if anything that's a feature they should have removed entirely, but at least the game gave me the option to turn them off, unlike X5.
Hey, with navigators, I can have two Zeros in the form of a Zero-Layer team. That's reason enough to keep them around.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Well, there's always the doujin community. With things like Rosenkreuzstilette out there, I'm sure some group could come up with a Mega Man-style game that encompasses everything we all want (and, of course, a few things we don't). I have hope for Corrupted.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Chachi posted:

A mega man game where players could get in each other's way and hurt each other with special weapons and stuff would be a destroyer of friendships to rival mario party or... Or counter-strike or something, I dunno. The point is, it'd be hilarious.

New Mega Man X Wii

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

blackguy32 posted:

Honestly, I thought the anniversary collection was a piece of poo poo.
Well, it probably didn't like you much either. :colbert:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

A good poster posted:

I was reading the interview with the guy who played the Legends 3 Prototype, and I think I found the reason they cancelled the game:

No one would ever accept that. :colbert:

In a world covered by endless updates of the Street Fighter series...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Quick question. A while back, there was a Mega Man 8 LP mentioned somewhere where they used a Saturn beta for it. I can't seem to find it anywhere! Can anyone help me out?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BreakTargets posted:

http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/94

Awesome. Much appreciated!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Two words. Dynamo figma.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Kins posted:

Someone asked Yoshinori Ono about this on Twitter:
So the thing that people think is Capcom ruthlessly making GBS threads on Inafune's legacy... was probably Inafune's idea. :v:
That's so Inafune.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mega Man X7 had its ups and down, but it introduced the 2.5D aspect that was later reused in X8, which is pretty greBURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TO THE GROUND BURN BURN TO THE GROUND

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

I'm just hoping the continuing decline of the Japanese game industry motivates Capcom to drop the petty bullshit and release Mega Man Legends 3 (by forcing them to find something that will yield a positive return).
Watch them do a "reboot" of the series in the vein of Bionic Commando.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

LemonLimeTime posted:

Don't even joke about that....
The trailer will feature the lines "The greatest warrior in the Universe..." and "The things that Legends are made of..." right before some kid dons a suit that makes him look a Michael Bay Transformer, cocks his arm gun, turns to the camera, and says "Let's ROCK and ROLL!"

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

S-Alpha posted:

You can, but why would you want to? Shoulder camera superiority. :colbert:

Also, if you're having trouble with Legends for some reason, try the walkcancel glitch. Stand in place and get a lock on an enemy, then rapidly tap up while holding down the fire button. You can fire pretty much as fast as you want with that method, making Rapid upgrades pretty much worthless. (It also makes getting Licenses in 2 so much easier.)
I have to replay MML with that in mind. I had no idea.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Well, there's always Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

^^^^^^^^^^^ Don't spoil that stage!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Yep, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Seriously, you might be linking a good game for all I know, but look at that link. Try just a little harder to sell it. Gameplay video? Description? Nope, just anime.
Oh, sorry. Yeah, it's a Megaman clone that's actually really good. This one is the sequel, actually; the original has a trial version in English if you want to give it a shot. But yeah, if you can look past the anime, it's pretty much one of the best Megaman clones you can find, made by two guys who are big Original, X, and Zero fans.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Filthy Haiku posted:

My brother showed me this earlier today.

You know how in cartoons when two villains team up to defeat [main character] and are always defeated by in-fighting? I am going to use all my willpower to alter the fabric of the universe and make that not the case with this comic. Robotnik and Wily become lifelong friends and constantly write each other letters as pen-pals on how to deal with their respective blue nemesis. This has to be the case, because look how awesome this cover is. I mean, they didn't even loving bother killing Mega Man or Sonic just because they're having such a loving blast on that tandem bike.

Best bros forever. :allears:

I love how Sonic and Mega are like "Welp. This happened. That's embarrassing."

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

S-Alpha posted:

Why do that when they can reuse molds?

They know how Mega Man works.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Iris, Ciel and Ariga Megaman are all above Protoman and Vile's Ride Armor? gently caress off, Japan. :argh:

I've seen fan art of Iris with Colonel's hat and beam saber, and I would pay good money for that over Blues. Also, a Ciel figure would be fantastic.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Ciel never does anything more than be a damsel in distress and he design isn't even unique or interesting. She's as plain and boring as they come.
http://rockmanciel.com/

There's a following that's making a fan game to change exactly that.

e:

Okay, that looks pretty awesome.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Except it would take :effort: to change Shampoo to Roll, Kalinka, or literally anyone else.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Discendo Vox posted:

That's a good point, but if I was a Capcom lawyer studying the game and its creators, and I came across some of his "tasteful fan art", I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. He has art of a Shampoo body pillow design on the game's website.

It's weird and probably creepy enough, but given the Darkstalkers series, I doubt any Capcom staff member is a stranger to awful body pillows and probably wouldn't let that cloud their judgments of a singular title.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This game is so Kaizo.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I believe there is an M-Tank in that room, and if you already have one, it won't appear.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mega Man Xtreme 1 And 2 Coming To 3DS Virtual Console In The West

Can we map Dash to R? If so, oooooh maaaan.

e:

quote:

A while ago, Capcom released Mega Man: Dr. Wily’s Revenge for Game Boy for the service, and this afternoon they announced that its sequels are headed to the West, too.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PonchAxis posted:

I honestly wonder now how Capcom is going to respond to this. People really want a new mega man really bad, I knew this kick starter would get funded but now it's on track to hit all of the stretch goals and more? drat man, Capcom really screwed the pooch.

"Not CoD numbers. Don't care." - Capcom, Masters of Business

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Speaking of WayForward, anyone catch their horribly-timed Shantae KickStarter?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Dear god, Inafune isn't even trying to hide what he's doing, is he? He's got a chance to reinvent the art style, to make something completely new and interesting while utilizing familiar gameplay mechanics, and what is he doing with it? He's making generic Robot Masters again. Hell, even the ZX robots were more aesthetically appealing -- bizarre and abstract as they were, they at least showed some imagination. This is just "he is a robot who uses fire." :effort:

MMZ reinvented the art style, and people just complain about it. Who cares if this just looks like Fire x Heat Man 2.0? What matters is how he looks on-screen, not in concept art, and how he interacts with the game world in which he resides.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I think we've reached a point in the 2000-year old demon fad where if a girl doesn't look like a conservative 20-something, many are automatically inclined to write it off as otaku fodder and will consider it creepy, regardless of whether it actually is or not.

Look at how people react to Ciel. She's completely inoffensive in design and execution, but hell if people don't call her a loli made only for creepers. All Mega Man girls should look like Kalinka and Layer.

e: Speaking of, having a Zero/Layer team in X8 was horribly broken, and I loved that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Anyone see that episode of Community where they were trying to come up with a design for their school mascot, the Human Being? Yeah. Let's not push for that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

quakster posted:

Inafune was involve with Neptunia and Inti made GalGun, the devs are borderline pedos no matter what you do. Too bad about all the moe archetypes, was hoping those weirdoes could restrain themselves just this once.

I think GalGun is hilarious, because it has PS Move support and thus can be played with the Killzone rifle peripheral.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mordaedil posted:

I was just hoping for some original character and not literally Roll 2.0.
Well, Beck isn't exactly original either.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Penakoto posted:

That is so dickish I can't even get mad, it's actually funny.
The silhouette will be revealed to be Aero in a Volnutt color palette with a 3 on her chest.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Apple Jacks of course, duh!

But they don't taste like apples!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I just got a 3DS for Bravely Default. This is the best time.