Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
You need to vote strategically. Only vote for the one you don't want so that it splits the vote and the one you do like will win instead!

*Actual advice from the Skullgirls thread during the DLC vote.

I like E, but I think they're all pretty good. I just like E the best because she's the most unlike Roll. I'm sure they were just trying different color schemes for her, but it would be cool if she actually had mood clothing like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

The things in Plant Man's stage in MM6. They aren't hard, but they're boring as hell and take too many hits and have a tiny vulnerable spot.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

ZXA had the rollerblading soccer shisa ghost twins and a rock star zombie robot vulture necromancer. It's impossible for it to be a bad game.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Close. The voice actress for Claire localized X5, and did it as a joke/tribute to her husband at the time.

Here's the full story. http://www.gamesradar.com/guns-n-rosesmega-man-x5-mystery-solved-by-claire-redfield/

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I wish the Mega Man Zero book wasn't so drat expensive. I've always really liked the designs and I just got the Classic and X book. Does Udon do reprints often?

I'm going to lay down a probably unpopular opinion that OVER-1 is a really cool look and I wish it hadn't been wasted on such a garbage fire of a "game."

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

The bosses are named after cars, at least in the first game. That's why he's Acura.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

LemonLimeTime posted:

Then what the hell are they named after in English?

Other cars.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

KingSlime posted:

mmz's art style is so weird and it might be my favorite

Same here. It's a shame the artbook is so rare now.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Speaking of names, I just finished up the Zero collection, and uh... those are some boss names for sure.

I think I fully laughed in public upon seeing the name Burble Hekelot.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Personally I think Gunvolt is at its best playing as Copen.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I finally started poking my head into Battle Network. Are there any hot tips I should know? I'm at the Waterworks, just beat the ice bears. I've been doing okay just unloading my most damaging chips, but I can already tell the battle system has a ton of depth I will probably need to start exploiting sooner or later.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Speaking of, Ghost Trick is free on iOS.

edit: The first two chapters are free. It's still only :10bux: for the whole thing.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ok here is something that I am going to actually go what the gently caress about. The description for the first episode preview.

What the hell? Namagem?

It’s Dracula backwards.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Gemini Man won’t let you stand still, but he does just let you play double dutch with him as long as you want.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

TerminusEst13 posted:

All of the music in X6 is amazing.
It's the sole good thing about the game.

Composer: *shreds the entire gently caress out of a guitar*
X: *sighs as he waits for a slow-moving donut*

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Just finished the game. My biggest takeaway is that the mini-bosses are super imaginative and I loved all of them, my favorite being the coaster in Blast Man’s stage.

I also got a lot of mileage out of the weapons in this one, when usually I ignore them. I think the stick quick-select had a lot to do with that.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Motto posted:

I dunno if it's reflected in his dialogue, but Impact Man is actually a triple combiner. Lots of neat details in the gallery.

I only realized the second time through his stage that Impact Man (Men?) is actively attacking you the entire level.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Wendell posted:

“I’ve got a bunch of unread posts in a thread about Boogie? Why the hell would I have read a thread about that rear end in a top hat??”

“The Maverick Virus is absolutely a horrible thing, but think of all the good that came of it, like Neo Arcadia. I’m not saying Wily was right, I’m just saying Reploid rights came 10 years too early!”

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Pretty thoughtful boss design, too. I’m not a master or anything, but the only ones I haven’t managed to no-gear buster duel with a gold medal are Block Man and the fortress bosses, and all those except the Wily Machine are only over time by seconds.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

mentally challenged donkey

Don’t steal my Maverick OCs thanks

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I have a soft spot for 10 because it has two of my favorite Robot Masters (Sheep Man and Strike Man) and Solar Man’s theme is an absolute banger, but it was a below-average classic series game that had the misfortune of following one of the best and looking even worse by comparison.

If I remember right it was also a victim of the Greedy Capcpom Era and had a huge amount of DLC.

E: Thanks for clarifying. For some reason I was thinking it was divvied up.

SkeletonHero fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 17, 2019

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Same reason a majority of X4-X6 songs sound like poo poo - whoever's performing them has two settings on their keyboard labeled "Christmastime" and "Buttrock" and does a coin flip before each song to find out which one they're going to use.

vv :ocelot:

SkeletonHero fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 13, 2020

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

The good 3D Mega Man is called Vanquish.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Dear Capcom,

Acknowledge Pocket Fighter/Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix, you cowards!

Signed,
A concerned citizen

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

A lot less beam and a whole lot more boob.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

He would lose to Pharaoh Man every time so it wouldn't be fair.

And if Lincoln's at stake, forget about it.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Aliens, is my guess.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Takoluka posted:

they got information that would lead to the arrest of Hillary Clownfish

Her name is Hillaroid Crownflander in Japan.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I want Sigma in Chris Redfield's "Hello, sailor!" costume from RE: Revelations.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

))<>((

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Loved Gravity Circuit's version of the boss rush.

Weapons Archive boss + Shovel Knight randomness + Pizza Tower power trip, a recipe for greatness.

Great game overall, loved every second and it really added something the MM series as a whole lacked: the ability to pet dogs.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

X3 has too much stuff. Tanks, armors, chips, mechs, the super chip, the weird-rear end cross blaster upgrade I can never use right, Zero and the Z-Saber, one version has better music but the other version has anime, something called a Godkarmachine O Inary is in there somewhere. It's madness.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

Played through Gravity Circuit yesterday and today. It was fun, and speedruns of it are probably really cool, but I kinda wish it would have actually had you gaining weapons/moves from the bosses and boss weaknesses, with how much Mega Man inspiration it takes. There are those special moves you can buy, but stage order just didn't matter at all and combat felt pretty samey all the way through. A good game, but could have been even better, I feel.

True, but also all bosses are weak to Spinning Piledriver so it comes out okay in the end.

I also need to replay it soon. The fight with Nega when he starts loading in his own power chips is so cool.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Flytrap posted:

It's honestly kind of hilarious how out of touch this is. The NFT market already fully collapsed almost a full year ago. Does Capcom really not have anyone that looks up market trends before they do things? They might as well sell Megaman themed Moon Boots and Pogs and sell them exclusively at roller discos.

The moon boots already came out earlier this year.

https://mschf.com/shop/big-red-boot/

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

"Thunder Wool becomes a screen clear! And so does Chill Spike for some reason! Commando Bomb gets remote control! Water Shield has homing capability!"

"What about Wheel Cutter?"

"It gets a little bigger."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I don't think I've ever once heard anyone pronounce it with the long E. And yes, Bubble Lead has entered the conversation more times in my life than you would expect. Or hope.