Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Wily & Light's MegaBoard: That's Paradise!, Mega Man (PC), Mega Man 3 (PC), Mega Man Powered Up, Mega Man GB 1-5, Mega Man: the Wily Wars, Mega Man (Game Gear), Mega Man & Bass, Mega Man & Bass: Challenger from the Future, Mega Man Soccer, Mega Man: The Power Battle, Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, Mega Man: Battle & Chase, Super Adventure Mega Man, Panic Shot! Mega Man

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Mega Man X Command Mission, Mega Man X-Treme, Mega Man X-Treme 2, Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge, Mega Man Battle Chip Stadium, Mega Man Network Transmission, Mega Man Battle Network 4.5 Real Operation, Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team DS, Mega Man Battle Network: Phantom of Network, Mega Man Battle Network: Legend of Network, Mega Man Battle Network: The Medal Operation, Mega Man Battle Network WS

That seems fair to me, get them on my desk by next Christmas, Capcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm actually kinda fond of 1, despite its notable lack of QoL from 2 onwards, and have probably ended up playing it the most of the series. The "post-game" is still really rough, though. Drop the drat Muramasa already.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Funnily enough to me, I’m friends with one of the project leads (he’s not on SA, but he DOES love Mega Man). They debuted their demo at Gamescom 2022 (signed with a publisher too late to be in the big showcase video, though) and have taken a lot of feedback into account regarding the gamefeel and such. I’m hopeful it turns out well, too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Larryb posted:

Ah, didn’t notice that part. Yeah, I agree with you there

I forget, is her Quicksilver alt from Command Mission in Dive?
It is, but it was only a prize from the first Boss Rush event in 2020 and hasn't recurred.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

KennyMan666 posted:

At least in the EU version, the Quicksilver skin has always been available in the shop, even before the event that let you unlock it for free rolled around.

So currently EU has a Gaea Armour X banner, with daily free 10-pulls, and today gacha luck visited me and got me the Pickup pull twice in the same free pull. So that was cool, was not one I was gonna spend any metals on.
Fair, I was only basing it on the Steam release which is only contiguous with the Asian mobile version afaik.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

X: Shield Sheldon! I thought it was you...
Shield Sheldon: Sure.
X: I'm very sorry about the case. If only I could have been there in time.
Shield Sheldon: Don't be. I couldn't fulfill my role as a bodyguard, that's all.
X: You had been protecting the professor. When the professor became a Maverick, there was no other way. Our officers misinterpreted your action and you were hunted as a Maverick. And then you retired yourself. That was so unfortunate...

Zero: Shield Sheldon... Too bad about your previous life...
Shield Sheldon: Don't be. I was new as a bodyguard. That's all.
Zero: Maverick Hunters are supposed to be able to tell a Maverick from a Reploid... Our officers are not good enough... They could cost us everything...
It seems somewhat relevant that Shield Sheldon had also just killed Dr. Jim when the Maverick Hunters arrived at the scene.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Magma Dragoon was a Maverick Hunter who apparently "worked for" Repliforce after Sky Lagoon, mostly to goad X/Zero into a duel, though he gets the maverick symbol instead of the Repliforce symbol for his health meter.

X dialogues posted:

Sky Lagoon
X: You're Dragoon from the 14th unit!
Dragoon: This isn't good, X! That Maverick just destroyed the power reactor!
X: What?! Then the Sky Lagoon will... come crashing into the ground!
Dragoon: It's too late, X! It's time I made my escape. I suggest you do the same... don't do anything reckless on the way out, okay?
X: The city below will become a sea of flames. Many people will perish... I have no choice but to escape from here and head to the city below!

Pre-battle
Dragoon: X... You've arrived.
X: Dragoon! Why did you betray the H.Q.!?
Dragon: Heh... You'll have to defeat me first.
X: But... We're allies!
Dragoon: ... You're so naive. ... Listen closely. I let the Sky Lagoon fall! And I'd do it again! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
X: No! Those were innocent people! You're not Dragoon! Just a Maverick!
Dragoon: You got that right! Power up X! It's time you showed me what you can do!

Post-battle
Dragoon: ... You... are... strong... X...
X: Such a waste... Why Dragoon?
Dragoon: ... Always... wanted... to fight... you. ...Then ...he ... appeared ... and
X: He appeared? Who?!
Dragoon: ...told me to work for Repliforce. To goad you into fighting...
X: You did it just so you could fight me?
Dragoon: ... was worth it... for a final duel...
X: Dragoon!!!
Bit ambiguous on any sense of official capacity, but at the very least he wasn't part of Repliforce prior to the war.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I've seen a Tallgeese a few times in Arena, but I think the most Mega Man fan-adjacent name I've seen recently is just a HighMax.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I like how innocuous that bronze trophy is.

quote:

Collection Complete
Acquire all chips (including Download Chips) in Mega Man Battle Network.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Rockman Reserve posted:

Did they manage to update/fix any of BN4's translation? I haven't checked.

Almost none of the scripts were touched beyond changing SpoutMan (and associated chips) to AquaMan, adding the missing content (which still has typos, I hear), and I believe changing Z-Saver to Z-Saber.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Yuji Ishihara's first design work at Capcom was on the Legends series (under Hideki Ishikawa), Battle Network was his first lead so even irrespective of fanservice it's understandable if he did some callbacks there.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Bass's battle chip in 1 was event-only in Japan. They give you a copy since there's no other way to get it (other than reprogramming drop tables but they wanted to touch the game as little as necessary).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Lol I just used a walkthrough for quiz answers but uhh, how are you supposed to in-game find out Ms.Yuri's measurements and why would someone tell Lan this information?
Ms. Yuri will tell Lan the measurements if you go talk to her between... I think the ElecMan and BombMan scenarios in the plot? I don't remember what the reason she gives for telling him is.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Yeah, there's nothing you can do to affect your element, the idea I guess was to encourage kids to trade styles for the PERFECT (non-Hub) style. Or just shake things up so everybody gets a semi-customized playthrough, at least.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Completely anecdotally, Mega Man seemed to be a popular rental franchise back in the day, but obviously that wouldn't have necessarily translated to sales very well.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Dabir posted:

Go and grind the worms or whatever it was they put outside.
The worst thing about not having enough/running out of energy for Boobeam Trap is that Wily Fortress 4 does not have many enemies in general (the repeating ones are Tellies in the Crash Man-ish platform segment) and the respawn point is just the hallway to the boss where you have: 2x Sniper Armor and 2x Sniper Joe, some of the most annoying enemies to "farm" they could have possibly put in there.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Sometimes it's definitely the little things - like for the musous, seeing how a map's been shaken up if it returns, what still works on the AI, what the new costumes are, who the new characters are, what the new gameplay elements are, and so forth.
I've always thought of it as a Madden-like series for people who do enjoy it, though, and the main way they've expanded the popularity in the last decade or so is more through licensing a bunch so they can snag people who aren't already interested in the nth iteration of Not Pursuing Lu Bu.

...So where's our Mega Man Warriors, Capcom?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
This is all because they never gave Massimo an S-rank variant.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Okay, I'm happy that they're making an offline version, at the bare minimum.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Sorry buddy, you're gonna have to earn that ViA■ this time!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Elemental Metal isn't premium-only currency (there IS Elemental Metal (Paid) that you can only buy), it's just the "rare" resource compared to Zenny.
They do show buying Second Armor X character shards with Zenny only.

I did notice, in the scroll-through, that none of the Monster Hunter Rise characters were in the list... wonder if we don't get the crossovers at all. That sure would be a thing since the DmC 5 crossover was the most recent new event, lol.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://store.steampowered.com/app/858710/Gravity_Circuit/
It's out, $16.99 US.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm glad Gravity Circuit is scratching that itch.
Bubbleman (1)'s design kind of looks like it was adapted to Iceman in the end.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
At one point I could play through X4 while splitting my attention for a conversation and still no-hit the game. I may have played through that one a few times.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
X5 felt completely extraneous as a game. But so did X6 and X7.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I feel that way about x5, too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

PEACE HAS COME TO THE WORLD.
Dr. Wily has reformed, and he and Dr. Light have joined forces, working together to develop a giant peace-keeping robot named “GAMMA”.
“GAMMA”…… It was the life-long dream of Dr. Light, a giant robot to protect and serve world peace.
Their research almost complete, all that remained was to combine 8 energy elements that were scattered about the uncharted planets, and bestow them to “GAMMA”…
–However, each planet met with an unexpected incident. The robots who were mining the energy elements suddenly began going berserk!! Upon learning of this from Dr. Light, “ROCKMAN” immediately set out on a path for the uncharted planets–a new battle was about to begin!!
Uncharted planets and/or mining worlds, either way the idea is that the majority of 3 is spent off Earth.
Is Dr. Light's life-long dream really to have a giant robot? Is Rock a disappointment for being so small?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Dabir posted:

The Guardians were made from X's DNA soul. Copy X is a copy of X programmed by Ciel some years prior to Zero 1, in which I'm pretty sure she's 14 or something.
Don't think it was ever stated in game material, just through a few interviews, but yeah, supposedly 14 in Zero 1, nearly 16 in Zero 3, and either made Copy X when she was 5-6 or 9 (both numbers given in different interviews, 9's the later statement).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Just wipe the board past 2, start over again.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

(Final Countdown Mijinion).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yWoTDALzPk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I have a soft spot for GB II, since it was the first game in the series I personally owned (only played NES at friends' places, as my parents never got the console), so I know I'd look at any weird tricks on showcase.
It's an oddly forgiving entry for being sandwiched as it is between Dr. Wily's Revenge and III, though the studio change handily explains that.