Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

I wonder how many monologues Copen will have about how he was right to try to genocide adepts first or if he will actually learn something.

He will monologue at all the bad guys and tell them that they should stop doing a genocide because otherwise they'll become a monster like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Box of Bunnies posted:

The ugly "Mega Man with the serial numbers filed off" characters don't really hold any value, but I think you could probably make a fun Mighty No. 9 game if you refocused and really built around the whole "stun enemies and dash through them to build up combos" mechanic instead of stuffing it into an attempt at a classic Mega Man structure. Sort of like Gunvolt's combo/score attack focus but with stages and enemy layouts really designed around popping off quick shots and dashing through them with a lot of fast, fun movement instead of the "tag and hold" buildup of Gunvolt.

Inti is already making that Copen game though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Finally putting some time into Ix and game seems good. Copen’s gameplay was easily the best part of Gunvolt 2 and the small tweaks it has gotten have only been improvements. The levels seem fairly short though, but I don’t know if that’s just because Copen plays much faster paced than Gunvolt and I’ve already had a game to get decent at Copen’s movement.

Also, while I’m glad material collecting is gone I’m sad it’s seemingly taken the missions with it. Sure I’m going to try and S rank every stage anyway but it was nice to have a couple of extra reasons to replay a stage and perfect the best way to get through it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There’s only one ending so you have nothing to worry about.

And yeah the game is built for score attack. You’re only really going to get good scores and times on replays as you master the level and perfect your route through it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

New girl looks way slower than Gunvolt and in a series so big on replaying stages and going for high scores that's kind of a bad first impression.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Definitely way more excited for an IX sequel than Gunvolt 3.

Hoping Blade is playable.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pro tip even if you aren't at work you probably don't want to click on that link. Just saying it's nsfw is way too generous, there's some real gross pedo poo poo there.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

After this series comes out, what is left for the Mega Man franchise to release?

Battle Network 7

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Presumably because she likes Amazon and overtime.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think there's been a single gunvolt game with a good story.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He has a sword and that's badass

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

In this case, Inafune was right

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I was introduced to battle network through the anime and when I finally got to the games I was very disappointed to find out that cross-fusion was anime only.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Can't believe the youtube man does not like net navis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dang, the people really love Dino Crisis