Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Someone with more talent that me, make an edit of Day of Sigma that replaces Dr Light's voice with the MM8 Dr Light.

*X opens his eyes for the first time and turns his head towards Dr Light*

X: Who...who are you?

Dr Light: DAT'S A GOOD QWESTION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

The Bold Kobold posted:

His arm is a loving gun.

I think the question is more "why didn't he blow sigmas head off"

Edit^^^^what that person said

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
After telling myself I wouldn't bother with x3 on the legacy collection i went ahead and played through it anyway. That last fight with sigma is such a pain in the rear end. The hitbox on his stupid loving pinhead is too small and then afterwards they make you climb for your life up a shaft with overhanging edges.

Total dick moves, capcom :mad:

Edit: at least when you finish it you get to see megaman x say a cuss word!

WHY BONER NOW fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 3, 2018

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
As someone who was aware of mm11 but didnt really follow any news:

Demo is fun, I will be buying this game
Music is fine but seems a little subdued
Gear system seems pretty cool but I immediately forgot about it
I dont care for mega mans running animation
His voice was not what I was expecting
Seems stingy with the health drops
Control is good
Graphics are very clean, look great
He jumps kind of high for mega man
The game has the mega man feel
Yep will be buying this game

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Playing around with the gears a bit more and I'm getting a viewtiful Joe vibe from it in terms of managing your gear's energy economy. Which I'm 100% for.

WHY BONER NOW fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 7, 2018

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Another thing, I always liked the kickback when X launched a fully charged shot, glad to see megaman got that upgrade too. But why did dr light outfit him with these new gears yet the energy balancer is still not standard issue? Let's get with the program, doctor.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

XavierGenisi posted:

Finally, I'm done with replaying the classic series in it's entirety, save for like, Challenger from the Future, and I can't be bothered to try that one out. I guess I kinda want to ramble on about how I feel about the games and be done with playing megaman games until 11 comes out next month. So, here's my rankings on the classic series, from best to worst:

Surprised to see a gameboy game at the top of the list...maybe I should check it out. Otherwise, 8 and 4 are too high! 3 is too low, and I think you're a little harsh on mm2. Personally I'd put it above 5 and 6.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Spelling Mitsake posted:

4 and 5 on gameboy are really good!

They're both on the 3ds eshop! If you can look me in the eye and tell me they're worth 2.99 and 3.99 respectively, I'll pull the trigger.

I've been very slowly playing through megaman zx. Like really slowly, doing a mission or two every couple of weeks. The gameplay is real good and I like the concept, but the open world is too confusing and the game doesn't explain stuff very well. I want to like it but it doesn't pull me back in after a session.

Alternatively I've also been doing my first buster only runs of the mmx series and holy moly that is fun! The bosses are fun as heck to fight, and not being a slave to the weapon weakness system totally opens up the stage order for you.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Unavoidable bullshit happens from time to time in megaman games. I'm playing through gameboy megaman 4 and 5 (great games, thanks for the recommendation guys) and I've died a couple times to those time tested areas when you have to drop down a screen, so you hop into the chasm and watch the screen scroll down and expose spikes that you fall right into as punishment for not being clairvoyant and pulling to the left as you fell.

I've also died a couple times from jumping towards a platform only to have an enemy fly up from the pit I leaped over, slam into me, and cause me to plummet to my death. Aka the oldest megaman trick in the book.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The yoku blocks in mmx5 are awesome, being able to grip and climb them removes any challenge and its super fun to make fools out of them!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Who's the son of a bitch that decided taking damage in megaman 6 should cause you to lose your charge??

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Another charge shot misstep: in mm4 gameboy, the charge shot physically pushes you back. So you need to be careful on narrow platforms. Come on dr light figure this poo poo out. No I don't need a lame cat buddy, fix my drat buster

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

JustJeff88 posted:

I thought that Tango was adorable but never found a good way to use her.

Cute but aloof and ultimately useless. Dr light nailed the cat qualities but forgot we're fighting a war here!!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Screaming Idiot posted:

Dr. Light isn't that smart. He builds civilian robots that for some reason have incredibly destructive weaponry, and to fight them, he eventually created a fully sapient android even he acknowledges could bring about the end of the world with his breakthrough in AI research, and then decides to make said sapient android infinitely up-gradable with an ever-increasing arsenal of destructive powers.

Dr. Light is the kind of guy who, upon realizing a child is afraid of the dark, would give the child a flamethrower to use as a night light and then be really surprised when the house burns down.

Like around the time he teamed up with dr wily to build a peace-keeping robot, I feel that is when the authorities should've gotten involved. The mans heart is in the right place but there are some real questions about mental faculties that need addressed.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

OgretailFood posted:

The problem with Light is that he didn't foresaw that an idiot would stumble upon X's capsule, said "drat, I could do the same and mass-produce them" and created his own robots with 0 testing, make an organization to counter his robots-gone-wild forgetting that they can get infected, somehow forget that it happened three times already and still helped into making the Repliforce and we know how that ended. Dr. Cain did everything wrong and I'm sad that his only moment as a character was in Maverick Hunter X/Day of Sigma pondering about his mistakes right before dying in an explosion.

Everything you said is true but dont forget dr light didnt even loving leave some sort of diagram or schematics or anything describing how X works. He knew hed be dead before X was done with diagnostics and he didnt leave a freaking instruction manual. And! The dr light capsules are apparently an AI of his brain, complete with knowledge of X's system and the ability to create upgrades. How about instead of doing that, he helps troubleshoot the Cain reploids? Dude's off in his own world.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Finally finished it today, didnt use gears (I died a LOT). The wily stages were kind of a drag. Still, it's a great game, im looking forward to playing on superhero (with gear help). Having hot buttons for rush made him feel kind of like an extension of megaman, which I thought was cool. I'm kind of surprised they forgot to have protoman or megaman vegita in the game though.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I wonder how protoman DLC would play. He won't be able to use the gear system, because as we all know, he has a faulty reactor that will expire at some point, and it causes him constant pain, but he will not let dr light fix him because...he doesn't trust him or something...? (quote if u cry every time)

So dr light won't be able to install the gears. Come to think of it, arent bass and dr wily on the outs too?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Finished the game on superhero. I played through normal without using gears or boss weaknesses, and superhero using the gears and boss weaknesses; that was just about the perfect balance for me in both cases. Lots of deaths but it never felt insurmountable. I do really dislike the way the shop works...I got through superhero without unlocking the parts that provide health and weapon energy drops, so each stage was a friggin famine. That really messes with your head--afterward I continued my slog through mm8 and it took me a stage or two to wrap my brain around "hey that's right I can restore health occasionally by killing enemies".

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Larryb posted:

Technically the bike (or Ride Chaser to use the proper name) first debuted in X2 but at least there it was optional and you only really needed it to get a heart tank

It's rad as poo poo in the intro stage when X rides it into battle (and you see other hunters in the background riding and getting shot up) and he jumps off to crash it into a robot. They can't top that, should've just stopped with the bikes there

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Can't stop listening to the meganan 11 weapon get music. I know there were complaints about the music in that game but it had some bangers and this song in particular is loving great. If you can listen to it and not find yourself tapping your toes with it, ask a friend to check you for a pulse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NHN7cjMR08

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I know! And it's the best selling megaman game. Where's the fricken sequel?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Did anyone else think metal man was a doctor wearing one of those reflecting headband things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Isnt 11 like the highest selling one?