Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

FireWorksWell posted:

So for farming v3s in BN1 I figure I should ask so I don't waste even more time waiting for spawns; when you beat a v2 ghost do they immediately start spawning as v3 in that area or do you need to jack out like in Star Force? And can you fight a v3 more than once in the same area without jacking out?
I couldn't find answers to either question

Unrelated but i can't believe there's a card you need to trade 30 metguards for.

V3s can show up as soon as you beat the V2, at which point they have a 1/16 chance of showing up for any fight.

Also don't bother grinding out the metguards from fights, GMD in Internet 1 can drop them so you can savescum 2-3 at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Yeah but if you want library completion you either grind out guards or grind out chip fodder for the trader.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

FireWorksWell posted:

Ah yeah, I'd dumped all my chips into the special trader in the hopes of getting some new ones (including like 12 metguard A come to think of it, I didn't know at the time). There's no reason to use the 3 chip one instead of the 10, right?

Also it doesn't seem to save when you trade chips in?

Yep, special trader has better odds on 4/5* chips, and you can savescum as much as you want if you don't get anything good.

For the love of god savescum a Dropdown, Popup, and maybe a Leafshld. All the fights for those are annoying as hell.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

:fuckoff:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

who thought quickman would be okay as an early game boss

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

If the encounter rate in BN1 starts to annoy you, just use Buster Max as a really aggressive Escape! :black101:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Electric Phantasm posted:

How's that one bit go again "We have invented the Horrorboros from the best selling book "Don't Invent the Horrorboros""?

https://twitter.com/AlexBlechman/status/1457842724128833538?lang=en

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Larryb posted:

Though I believe in 4 onward they changed things so that you could only use the same PA once per battle (meaning you can’t just stack your deck with multiple Sword, WideSword and LongSword chips)

5 was when they put restrictions on PAs.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

BrokenLink posted:

Gater would have been fine if it only shot forward and did like 30-50 damage per shot or didn't also freeze time.
But no it obliterates the game and any hapless PVPers in your way (it can even shoot backwards WTH!).

You wouldn't even have to go that far. Just make it so each wave of projectiles can only hit a target once, that cuts the single target damage down to 300 which keeps it as an absolute shitwrecker against viruses while not being the be all and end all in boss fights.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Larryb posted:

Wow, that is a decent ways behind. Though once all's said and done I wouldn't be surprised if that version goes down too.

Yeah I can't see it staying up any longer than it would take to get through content. Whales are what keeps mobile games afloat, and without a constant stream of shiny new units to roll for they'll clear out in a hurry.

Hell, this will probably cause a sizable cut to the other server's earnings already because why shell out cash if you know the game is now on a hard timer?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Vizuyos posted:

Ultimately, I dropped off of X Dive because it just wasn't that fun. The story was absolutely terrible, and the gameplay pretty quickly drops off into basic stat checks where platforming skill was totally unimportant and progress was gated entirely by logging in every day to grind the daily quests till you leveled up enough to survive the levels.

Yeah I contemplated trying it when the DMC collab was announced.

Then I saw the Vergil Zero showcase trailer and saw that the gameplay was just 6 digit damage numbers and so much poo poo on screen that you can't see anything and instantly decided not to.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

You have to buy lives, but they're 50K zenny a pop and I've been getting like 250K for first time clears.

I've cleared up to chapter 7, and I have a 5* Awakened Zero with fairly well built weapons.

Also, it looks like armor parts used to have a chance of being 1-3 stars, but now they always roll 3 stars.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Larryb posted:

So I assume you don’t have to go back and do a chapter again in Challenge Mode to progress the story in this version then?

Also did they scale back the quickly rising power level recommendations for the stages at all?

If there is a lock for hard, I haven't hit it yet.

And I haven't played the mobile version so I don't know what the level recs there were like, but chapter 7 goes from 50K to 65K with me being at 100K.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Vizuyos posted:

How do you get characters in this one? Just buy them from the store? And if so, can you buy anyone anytime or is it time-limited?

If you can buy anyone anytime, then you can just grab a character with self-heal skills (especially the later characters who've benefited from the inevitable gacha game power creep) and then completely ignore the recommended power levels.

There's two separate shops for character fragments, one for zenny (which you can grind for freely) and one for element metal (which the game throws at you in droves, but I've yet to find a farmable source of it). You only have access to a few in each at the start, but unlock more as the story progresses. For example, the EM shop only has Iris and Ultimate Armor X available at the start, then adds in Copy X, Awakened Zero, Third Armor X, Ciel, and Omega once you finish chapter 4.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Larryb posted:

How long does it take to unlock Cinnamon or Dive Armor X?

Also while I’ve decided to stick with the mobile version it might be nice if they decided to put this on consoles one day as well

Cinnamon is in the zenny shop after 4-6, Dive X is in the EM shop after 16-6.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Larryb posted:

So how does armor work in the Offline version? Do you still get a new set every 10 levels or does it work slightly differently (especially since they got rid of Bolts near as I can tell)?

A set unlocks every 10 levels, and there's a farming stage that lets you get Bolts.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Okay you unlock access to events at level 60, when I had around 150K power.

The problem is that each one I find has a 300K rec, so there's still a bit of grinding before I can start doing those.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Alright, I got enough power to start doing events.

All events have a ~300K power rec, give ~1600 points per clear, and need 4.5K-5K to get all the rewards. In total, you get 1K EM, 200K Zenny, 20 purple EXP of each type, and five copies of an event Card. Some also have a memory shard for a costume.

You also get event tickets which let you buy things in the Event tab in the store.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 2, 2023

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Dive is good because one of CM Ultimate Armor X's skills is literally just

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Augus posted:

this is how i remember it being in the original, the early levels went by very quickly and showered you in rewards and then it gradually slowed down and became more grindy

I'm in chapter 14 and I'm still gaining several hundred thousand zenny and a level with every first clear.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Larryb posted:

Pretty sure the summer outfits are already in the Offline version (the event connected to them is at least)

Yep, they're just in the Event tab so you'll need to be level 60 and hit 300K power before you can start grinding them out.

No Summer Marino, but there is a Halloween Marino.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Larryb posted:

Play Megaman X Command Mission (though you’ll need a PS2/PS3 or a GameCube/Wii), otherwise:

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Marino

There's also the Command Mission LP I did two years ago.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Larryb posted:

Also as an aside, has it been mentioned how often they’re going to put up story events in the offline version? They did the Copy X one a couple weeks ago at any rate

You can toggle events under Event Settings.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Larryb posted:

I do like that they got a few of the old Japanese actors back to record some new dialogue for the game at least (though otherwise I believe most of the voice clips for the returning game characters were pulled from previous MM titles)

Nightmare Zero in particular feels like they just grabbed the voice lines from X6.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Oyster posted:

There is even a password that will have Chill Penguin defeated without the boots so it is possible to complete the game literally bootless. X will still have the boots in the ending cutscene though.

iirc he doesn't have the boots, but will still dash during the credits.

This causes his legs to explode because he doesn't have bootless dash sprites for his legs so they glitch out.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

AngryRobotsInc posted:

X6's plot is worth it solely for the image of Zero impotently shaking his fist at a video call, while Gate is just the epitome of "loving this poo poo".

This is the face of a man who is enjoying this poo poo out of what he's doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

They need to do an LC for all the grab bag games. Power Fighters, Battle and Chase, Extreme, Command Mission, etc.