Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MokBa posted:

What have I started?

I loved Mega Man as a kid, but my adult self just doesn't have the patience for them anymore. Mega Man games are hard and incredibly unforgiving. But I appreciate them for what they are, and they have provided me with some good times in my life.
When I first played Mega Man 9, I had this exact reaction. I sort of wrote the game off and was angry at myself for buying it. Then I played with friends while drinking. Suddenly, we were all six years old again and watching the other person play was just as fun as playing yourself. "poo poo! MOVE! GET THE THING! KILL THAT GUY! DON'T JUMP YET!" You lose a lot, yes, but dying in a MegaMan game that's well-made leaves you with the impression that you hosed up and should try again, not that the game is mean and designed by retards.

If you haven't tried drinking and playing with friends who played Megaman as a kid, I'd recommend it. It changes the entire experience.

MegaMan 9 is the most fun I've had playing a video game in about seven years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

TaurusOxford posted:

I think that got posted somewhere in the first few pages of the thread. I couldn't watch it cause the combined music/sound effects of four games hurt my ears.
Not only that, but it can't possibly be the same controller input as all of the Megamen are moving in different directions at the same time. One's moving left while the other moves right.

That video is pretty much just the four games playing at the same time.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Swilo posted:

You can't actually input to a game on every frame, certain actions and events will lock the controls (getting hit, scrolling, navigating menus, lag frames, etc) allowing you to control the other games unaffected. String these together with just the right amount of stagger and throw in some wasted movement for the times it doesn't work out and you get something marvelous.
I don't get it. How can he be moving both left and right at the same time?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Orgophlax posted:

Also, to the guy that still can't understand how the megaman's in the 4 at a time are going opposite directions, they aren't. First, emulators allow you to input left/right and up/down at the same time, something the original NES didn't let you do. But most of the time when one is going in one direction and another a different way, one of them is in a state that does no allow input.
This answered my question. Thank you.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Tunicate posted:

We put our faith in Blast Hardcheese
:yeah:

Now I'll never get that song out of my head.