Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Megaman (especially 2) is a massive source of inspiration for especially the Japanese community. For two examples, Crash Man is gay and I can't beat Air Man.

edit: I love the Hatsune Miku version of Megaman 3 too. I wish they did 2 instead, but maybe they figured it was too crowded a fan-creation scene already?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 12, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Did Megaman always have brutal gameplay? My memory may have just failed me, but to me there was a MASSIVE leap in difficulty after Megaman 3. Only recently I played one of the PS1 Megaman X games, and it was loving nuts. There was a driving segment at the beginning of one of the stages that made Battletoads' look simple.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TaurusOxford posted:

Are you talking about X5's Squid Adler stage for the Jetbike section? I wouldn't exactly put that in the same category as the turbo tunnel for difficulty. Then again, i've always found X games far easier than Classic games simply due to X having far better air maneuverability than Megaman.
Maybe, I dunno. I just remember it being fast as all gently caress and Megaman (and his bike)'s sprite being HUGE and the screen area being comparatively small, so you couldn't see what was coming until literally a tenth of a second before it would kill you. I mean, through trial and error I eventually got it, but drat.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sir_TaxALot posted:

Everyone is having videos they can't believe hasn't been posted yet, so here goes mine !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLzCfUM7BM8
I posted it on page 2. I was pretty surprised that no one had posted it before me though.

edit: only tangentially related, but okusenman. I have a hard time watching it through myself though. The idea of this video, which seems common in Japan, that childhood is the only time that a person can be happy. It's a soul-crushing, suicide-inducing thing to think and I very much disagree with it.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 13, 2009

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Orcasword posted:

IGN also posted all the high quality artwork of each Robot Master:

Can robots called Pump Man, Chilled Man and Sheep Man really be called Robot Masters?