Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Most of the MM9 arrange album sucked but the Tornado Man arrangement by the MM8 guy is awesome (original here).
The Chiptuned Rockman album that came out recently makes up for how dissapointing that album was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wYwPRxtvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qi9tBX5P20

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

:megaman: Let's drop some fuckin' JAM Project up in this bitch :megaman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls7oOxUBbYQ

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Here's the Mega Man Online teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPqqlyGd2Rc

oh jeez what the heck

:megaman:I HATE TIME TRAVEL:megaman:

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

I think that is arguable considering it took Capcom 10 years to announce a new game for MML. This is Cap"This is popular? Milk the gently caress out of it!"com after all.

Well, it also took them about that long to release a new main series Mega Man game, Powered Up and horrible GBA ports aside.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Could be good. :goleft:

ElPottoGrande, drop by the thread and hype this.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Written by a goon, too I think. I used to love the old Sonic comics so I definitely think I'll be reading this.

Yeah. ElPottoGrande = Ian Flynn, who's the writer behind this.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

If you've been waiting 10+ years for a video game, chances are it's never coming out, seriously.

:tipshat: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_3

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

Considering that they supposedly cease-and-desist-ed The Protomen recently? Less than zero.

I just came to post this.

Why are all these things happening at once :psyduck: It's like Capcom is in a pissing contest with itself on who can run this series into the shitter the fastest.

edit: goddamn internet

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

MageMage posted:

Thank GOD they cancelled Megaman Legends 3! I was afraid Capcom wouldn't have the resources to make an unnecessary sequel to Megaman Battle Network or Megaman X! *FEW*!

Haha, it's a bit worse than that, I'm afraid.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Shindragon posted:

I mean yes, Capcom is famous in the MegaMan series for not letting the drat big bad die. Of course with Dr.Wily it was the laws of robotics 101 that pretty much prevent Megaman from killing him at all. Though he did actually snap in MM7 (which was pretty cool).. That's probably my only beef with Capcom. Megaman in 7 actually wanted to kill Wily, yet in MM8 he's back to his usual cheery self.
If you want to be technical about it, he does stop himself in the original ending. The "DIE WILY!!!" thing was inserted into the English script, for some reason. Either way I never thought it fit.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

So remember the Mega Man cartoon? Of course. Some of you also know that it was meant to follow the game's art design until they America'd it up a bit. Well, the original pitch is finally online, and bwoashit it's pretty great.

http://www.rockmancorner.com/2011/11/original-mega-man-cartoon-pitch.html

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

pokecapn posted:

It's a loving emulator filter. It looks like they might have touched up X a little bit, but you can look at the metal around the submarine vent, the triangle inside Chill Penguin, and the uneven spacing in the health bars for all the evidence you need that they just ran everything though 2xSaI/hqx/Super Eagle and called it a day. It's completely nasty. They took a huge dump on the pixel art and betrayed the overall art direction of the X series at the same time.

And even if the graphics were completely redrawn and shaded, the game would still be impossible to control.
It seems like a bit of both. The sprites don't seem like they were filtered, what with the black outlines. No doubt they were trying to emulate the look though. The problem is it looks loving awful against those backgrounds, which, yeah, I'm sure they didn't bother to redraw. Shameless money grab.

edit: gently caress just zoomed in, yeah just filtered and THEN outlined, loving garbage

Chibs fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 10, 2011

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

They cancelled Mega Man Legends 3.

They "made" this.

Just... seriously why would you keep the text boxes that loving huge? It made sense on the SNES when there wasn't much space and the font took up a chunk of space but okay you know what i'm trying to rationalize poor decisions made on a lovely remake/port/cashgrab gently caress capcom forever

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Didn't that game have Gemini Man and Top Man? Just the first game had utility bots.

Mega Man 4 had Dr. Cossack's robots that were modified by Wily, and Mega Man 6 had the whole robot Olympics thing with the finalists being reprogrammed. And Mega Man 9's Robot Masters were the same deal as the first game's; built by Light, reprogrammed by Wily (being convinced to be this time rather than stolen).
:goonsay:

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Mister Roboto posted:

Fun Actual MM3 Canon Trivia: Shadow Man is actually not built by Wily OR Light. His designer is unknown, but it predates both of them somehow...

I'd never read that before, but the comic seems to be keeping along with that, tying it into Super Adventure Rockman and its ancient sentient plot device. That's pretty cool, then, to tie in the sidegames. Maybe they'll do a Soccer plot. :v:

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

What the gently caress are you guys doing over there, why is it an iOS game, why are you reusing assets from that lovely X port, why is there a button that plays the game for you, I'm so angry I could poo poo run-on sentences

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

I've never seen this, because when I think Mega Man 2 and Europe, I think this:

Glass Joe and his crystal dildo :allears:

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

enough of this fakeass fangame stuff, let's talk about the REAL poo poo YEAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OgKFdtk4_0

it looks even better in motion guys!

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Where's Xover? :(

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

I voted for Ariga-version Rockman because goddamn do I love his *mix designs and I've always wanted figures of them.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Astro Nut posted:

Though B I swear has this whole Arale from Doctor Slump/DBZ vibe to her.
Great, so it's not just me. If it's not just looks and she's basically Arale, that might break the game. :ohdear:

Chibs fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 28, 2013

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

It would be evil genius for Capcom to let fans make games for them for free and then release them for money. It's basically video game slave labor!

so then it's the next logical step for them

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

The series ends with Light and Wily hugging.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Difficult mode in Mega Man 2 is Rockman 2

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Nintendo just hit a fansite hosting the game with a DMCA takedown so better grab it now out you plan on playing it

Happy 30th yo

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

wow the promo art for the might no. 9 cartoon looks like hot garbage

...what's that? *breathes heartily on bifocals and wipes them on shirt, puts them back on, squints*

what in tarnation??

Dabir posted:

Fan Man and Shock Man.

lol

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Well that was fun. Do we share levels now? I'll go.

Not too long, tried to make it challenging but fair. I kinda went bonkers with the boss room.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Dabir posted:

Don't forget that some weapons work slightly differently from how they do in the originals.

Also Star Crash gives you a moon jump!

Dabir posted:

Partway through it now. The Footholder that doesn't go anywhere makes you vibrate, and Shotmen slide off Footholders that are moving horizontally, in case there's anything you can do about that.

I was sorta tossin spaghetti at the wall for my first go. Seems those guys fall the longer they're on it. I put them just above the footholder since you can't put things on them, so, eh... and the vibrating not much I can do other than replace them with stationary blocks, but maybe another day i'll revisit it.

I tried making another stage that feels a bit more like Mega Man? instead of bullshit bottomless hallway gauntlets. The boss room is even relatively normal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

I'm really surprised by this game, it's been really fun. I'm doing Superhero for my first playthrough, and catching up gradually in Normal mode. I just got to the Wily stages. I started with Bounce Man and I am so glad I got that stage out of the way first, I must have died like 20 times at least on that stage. The end result though was me ahaving a whole bunch of parts after the first stage. The way SH relies more on shop items than item pickups forces you to be more thoughtful in how you approach a stage leads to a lot of more intuitive moments and ways to make all of your weapons useful.

Except Acid Barrier.