Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Well, while we're posting awesome Mega Man themed videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OJqdthb0jA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Inafune is leaving Capcom.
Interview (Japanese)

This should be interesting to see how it effects Legends 3...

The Kins fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Oct 29, 2010

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Some guy on the cesspit they call NeoGAF translated the big Inafune interview.

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

It's very interesting!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

13/f/cali posted:

This whole situation with MML 3 made me want to sit down and play some Mega Man so I decided to go through Wily Wars, and those are some of the sloppiest remakes I have ever played. The new graphics look nice but almost all the music is brought down by being about 3/4 speed, or at least that's how it felt.

It was nice to play the original game's remake since it no longer suffered from certain physics issues (Example: If Mega Man falls off a moving platform his velocity instantly hits maximum, making it easy to get yourself killed if you are sloppy with magnet beam). However, the game actually seemed harder since your weapons move so slowly and the bosses have reasonable invulnerability periods now.
The Megaman Anniversary art book has a interesting note about Wily Wars. Apparently it was outsourced to some other (unnamed) company, and it was apparently a debugging nightmare for Capcom, to the point where Inafune jumped in to help out with debugging out of sympathy for the overworked test lead.

The bits in that book where Inafune outright apologizes for certain games feel really weird.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
In other news, Inafune just announced his first post-Capcom game, The Island Of Dr. Momo. It appears to be a casual mobile game for a Japanese social network, in which you try to breed The Cutest Thing. Bit of a departure from Methat-detonation...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Someone asked Yoshinori Ono about this on Twitter:

quote:

I consulted with Mr.Megaman(his name is Mr.I...) about it 1 years ago.Its result! ;D
So the thing that people think is Capcom ruthlessly making GBS threads on Inafune's legacy... was probably Inafune's idea. :v: