Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locutus of Burg
Aug 1, 2003

o<:O

Kessel posted:

Don't work in Singapore without a work permit. If they catch you, you will be in serious trouble.
Just as a FYI to people: There is a Work Holiday Programme that people from certain countries (US, UK, Germany, among others) can apply for that lasts six months and is non-renewable for 'student type work'.

Also, from my own personal experience, if you have a sponsor company getting a Work Permit is easy and fast. When my company applied for me it took about 48 hours for the application to be approved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locutus of Burg
Aug 1, 2003

Uhm, so, anyone working in Singapore these days? I just arrived and I basically have zero social circle. Whats up guys? :shobon:

Locutus of Burg
Aug 1, 2003

I'm down for sure. As of right now my experiences include hawker stands, Plaza Singapur and work. I don't know if any of those three things appeal to you guys. You guys have any suggestions? Some pool, maybe a beer? Regardless, I work a little east of Chinatown and live a little west of Hougang.

Locutus of Burg
Aug 1, 2003

You really should if you're here, imho. Who doesn't love free-flow beer?

Locutus of Burg
Aug 1, 2003

Certainly was! A+, would do again.

Locutus of Burg
Aug 1, 2003

Klogdor posted:

hello singagoons! I've been in singapore for over a week now, and I'm kind of liking the place. any suggestions for places to drink really really cheaply ? I feel like my SEA-inspired drinking habit is kind of hampered by your horribly expensive alcohol..
If you feel like being trashy, bring store-bought alcohol and drink it at the Clarke Quay bridge. It's all good there.

Locutus of Burg
Aug 1, 2003

william567 posted:

Is that bridge a sort of refuge for legal public drinking?
I would say so although the 'don't do anything that would get you thrown out of a bar' principle still applies. But store-brought drink: Sure, go ahead. Also a lot of sociable young students and interns hang there so if you want to expand your network the bridge is not a terrible place for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locutus of Burg
Aug 1, 2003

Street-food is cheaper than $7 and it is delicious. Singaporeans love food and they cater to just about any flavor there (with a wide price range depending on what you want).

I wouldn't worry about being a hispanic in Singapore.

Edit: I would say the weather in Singapore in August is around 30 degrees C and sunny. It's always pretty humid there though.

Locutus of Burg fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 27, 2011

• Locked thread