Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
That is a Hulk Hogan branded John 3:16 shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Hulkster, that whoever believes in Hulkamania shall not perish but have eternal life dude

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

He's been telling kids to say their prayers since the 80's. Scared?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

That is a Hulk Hogan branded John 3:16 shirt

it owns

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Bring me the head of Brutus the Barber jack

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hulk meeting God and informing God that God can just call him Terry because they are close friends.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/VerbAbrams/status/1785458298642411984

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

andre could use a knife and fork

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

He couldn't because he was a giant dude

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He used a pitchfork and a broadsword

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hulk is right. You don't need knives or forks to drink beer which is the only thing Andre consumed.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Only 650 pounds? What a surprise to see Hogan actually lower the claimed weight of Andre.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He believes in God so much he told his son on a prison phone that he was not responsible for the accident that put his friend in a coma, that the victim must have done something that angered the Man Upstairs.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Germansimp posted:

Only 650 pounds? What a surprise to see Hogan actually lower the claimed weight of Andre.

Well he's with God now so he only speaks the truth, dude.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Hulk is right. You don't need knives or forks to drink beer which is the only thing Andre consumed.

That’s not true.

Andre liked wine and spirits as well.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

May he should have tried some communion wine and Holy Spirit brother

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

TNA was an continuation if WCW right?
Today was this anniversary.
https://twitter.com/Wrestling80s90s/status/1785712093682950391?t=-25sx2C1X2hJKe6FLzoRyQ&s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

No, it is not. You can find the TNA thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4059050

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

our brother
who thunders in paradise,
hulkster be thy name

thy pythons be wild,
thy vitamins be taken,
on earth as it is in heaven, jack

amen, jabronis

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1466039506499518466

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I've never seen that Malenko promo before. That was excellent

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That was really good. Wonder why he never really did promos that well before or since. Or perhaps the question should be why was this promo so different from anything else he ever did.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Angry_Ed posted:

That was really good. Wonder why he never really did promos that well before or since.

I know in his first book Jericho always talks about how for whatever reason you never got to see Dean do what he really could on the mic.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

I know in his first book Jericho always talks about how for whatever reason you never got to see Dean do what he really could on the mic.

Stage fright, maybe?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

8/18/1990 the first mention of black scorpion. I've been warned about this. Time to watch this car wreck.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

8/18/1990 the first mention of black scorpion. I've been warned about this. Time to watch this car wreck.

:yeshaha:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

90 wcw is pretty dire but you are almost at the fun that is 1991/2

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Suplex Liberace posted:

90 wcw is pretty dire but you are almost at the fun that is 1991/2

91/92 wcw is unironically kind of my favorite wrestling to watch. like its not the BEST era by any means but boy is it charming.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

wcw only becomes hard to watch near the end when all the good wrestlers are gone and no one gives a poo poo anymore

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

shiksa posted:

91/92 wcw is unironically kind of my favorite wrestling to watch. like its not the BEST era by any means but boy is it charming.

I'm in a similar boat. They give people time in the ring and a decent portion of people getting pushes are people I love to watch, like Rude and Steamboat

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

For a certain stretch of '91/'92 you are spoiled for choice when it comes to good matches and the Dangerous Alliance is an all time heel stable, at least in part because it ends when it should.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
The last five posts in this thread are objectively correct.

Also worth checking out are the frequent talent crossovers between WCW and New Japan in the time period, you'll find all sorts of fun matches, such as Doom vs. Vader & Bam Bam which I just discovered randomly. WCW would put on PPV (or PLE for you kids)-quality matches on TV all the time during this time period, so lots of Sting and Steamboat in singles and tag team matches (especially with the Dangerous Alliance). I discovered this as a child and it made me a fan for life.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dario the Wop posted:

The last five posts in this thread are objectively correct.

Also worth checking out are the frequent talent crossovers between WCW and New Japan in the time period, you'll find all sorts of fun matches, such as Doom vs. Vader & Bam Bam which I just discovered randomly. WCW would put on PPV (or PLE for you kids)-quality matches on TV all the time during this time period, so lots of Sting and Steamboat in singles and tag team matches (especially with the Dangerous Alliance). I discovered this as a child and it made me a fan for life.

Hoot you must watch the 92 g1 finals a) because its for the wcw/nwa championship and b) because its incredble

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Suplex Liberace posted:

Hoot you must watch the 92 g1 finals a) because its for the wcw/nwa championship and b) because its incredble
They write poems about good people like you. Thanks!

For content, here is War Games 1992 - Sting's Squadron vs. The Dangerous Alliance, highly recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it. Gloriously old school.

Dario the Wop fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 7, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

watched the dark side of the ring episode about sandman hak and he's still got it

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

watched the dark side of the ring episode about sandman hak and he's still got it

it being alcoholism i assume

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
sandmans skin looks like an ultra hi res textures mod

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it was tragic because of how it affected his family but the sandman taking steroids and never working out had me loling

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it was tragic because of how it affected his family but the sandman taking steroids and never working out had me loling

goals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Here's a fun one from the archive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iZIz0mFqtM

It is an episode of World Wide that has just one match.
It is part of the on-going Flair/Windham feud and they just decided "you know what, lets have a 45 minute match bookended by a couple of promos on our 1 hour tv show".