Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

MassRayPer posted:

I just fixed the logo. Waffleimages was down.

I have that issue on my computer. Here's a screen cap. There's so much ridiculous stuff from that issue. Also a funny note about Lou Sahadi writing a biography of Mick Foley for the WWF. I can only imagine when that turned into the autobiography.

Also, the tapings in Orlando weren't for Saturday Night. They were for WCW Worldwide. Worldwide was the syndicated show, Saturday Night was taped, but it was for TBS. Jim Mitchell has some hilarious stories about the quality of the rats from the Worldwide tapings, I guess it was a lot harder to find a quality rat at a taping in a studio than a typical show/taping.

Worldwide tapings were the bomb. There was always a kickass Cruiserweight match and Hugh Morrus Moonsaulting some worthless jobber good times. As for the poll you can't say one man killed WCW, it was really a combination of all three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

LividLiquid posted:

How could you not include Jamie Kellner in the poll seeing as how he's the guy who actually killed WCW?
It was a mercy killing. He basically put down a horse with three broken legs.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn
No one mentioned the Scott Hudson & Larry Zbysko commentary team. They were always my faves :unsmith:

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

CVagts posted:

Norman Smiley had one of the all-time greatest segments when he and Ralphus invaded that backyard wrestling fed.
I had totally forgotten about this until you mentioned it. That segment owned hard.
Seriously, Norman Smiley was all kinds of awesome when he'd do poo poo like come out and defend his hardcore title dressed in football pads (complete with helmet).
Surprised no-one has mentioned the BOOGIE KNIGHTS team of Disco Inferno, Alex Wright and the DISCO DUCK! Also when Disco was part of the Filthy Animals stable and changed his name to the Hip-Hop Inferno. I will always have a special place in my heart for Glenn Gilberti. Seriously, poo poo like when the "Last Dance" was a standing figure-four and he would always forget how to do the manouver and Disco would pull out a piece of paper with instructions on how to perform the move. Disco Inferno owned hard!

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

Raeg posted:

The announcer for that show was a creepy disembodied voice. What's not to love.
Hogan exposed The Giant's buttcheeks after the nWo beatdown/spraypainting, THAT'S what's not to love

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

GrimGypsy posted:

A touch late, but on the Steiner note...I found a pretty good shoot interview from some radio show with him talking about Ric Flair and HBK/HHH. He doesn't seem to care much for Flair, but does sound very logical and rational.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug8GoUxEcLo&feature=related
Ehh, I prefer crazy Scott Steiner interviews like one in WOW where he referred to Flair as a "fat old buttsucking bastard" and speculated that Hogan and Ronald McDonald were the same person due to the red & yellow colour scheme.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

Skinty McEdger posted:

A few highlights of that tournament:

Madusa's first match against Meng was a punishment for her refusal to wrestle in a dressing gown match the week before (itself a shot at the WWE for their use of tits and rear end). She was squashed in under a minute while Tony and Heenan alternate between using Owen voices at her being destroyed, and then finding it hillarious.

Madusa won her second match against Evan Karagias by rubbing her tits in his face in the corner and allowing him to grope her. When he was overcome by this she mounted him and gave him a big french kiss for the 3 count.

Sadly Madusa faced Benoit in the second round and got murdered. Well except she didn't. She went toe to toe with Benoit for a good portion of the match until he took control. Karagias then ran in to protest the man on woman violence to the referee. The referee then beat up Karagias for comming in the ring. While the ref was beating up the wrestler, Jeff Jarrett came in to the ring to attack Benoit for 'commiting violence against a woman like they do up north.' The ref turns round and sees that Benoit is down and DQ's Madusa. Madusa attacks Jarrett and clears him out of the ring, where he picks up the mic to tell her that 'he screwed her out of the WCW title.'
Also Karagias vs Ref was on the following Nitro. I have all this poo poo on tape in a box deeply buried somewhere in a garden shed, I should really try and dig them out.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

Sugar Blaster posted:

please tell me you're talking about a literal brawl in a non-gimmicked junkyard where wrestlers were falling on like, rusty springs and poo poo.
Apparently cost em $150,000 as well, and they didn't advertise it. Say what you want about TNA, but they haven't done anything that stupid...yet.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

UndergroundHero posted:

I just can't figure out why Abbott cut holes out the 2 holes in his shirt so his man nipples were showing.

I laughed during the Steiner/Nash match when Midajah runs in and they mention her getting powerbombed by Nash and Hudson says "At least she goes up for a powerbomb!"

I also wonder if Vampiro ever introduced Muta to the life changing music and message of ICP...
No need to when he was in the Dark Carnival with Vampiro & ICP. That's right, WCW brought back Japanese wrestling legend (and I think unofficial one time world champion) The Great Muta and put him in a stable with the Insane Clown Posse.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

jeffersonlives posted:

Cornette's booking in OVW was also widely hailed by pretty much everyone that's ever seen it for being the best product around at the time, even though his storylines were continually in flux based on who WWE called up at a given time. If you think Cornette can't book you should really seek some of that stuff out, that era of OVW also produced a lot of top star talent.
I never actually saw OVW when it existed but I did hear that the show was a lot better when Heyman took over.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

Sionistic posted:

I am curious as to how a pile driver into the water is a finisher
Unless it was a different match I'm thinking of it happened on a beach shore. Sting gave him a piledriver on the sand.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn
The one thing I learned from the Death of WCW is that Mike Graham is the smartest man in the universe.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

Sue Denim posted:

For some strange reason I wonder what has become of him whenever I see an old WCW show, no idea why I'm curious.
Because Mike Sanders owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn
Van Hammer? Don't you mean MAJOR STASH?