Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Guzim
Nov 10, 2007

Take me away from this big bad world and agree to marry me. So we can start over again.

Supreme Allah posted:

Does anyone have good backstage stories or interviews about Jericho jumping ship?

That was right around the time spoilers were 80 percent of the internet and I was still in the naive mode of avoiding them at all costs, so the countdown was the last real surprise that I enjoyed in wrestling

I can imagine smug WCW bookers watching and thinking it would fall on its face, and Vince literally making GBS threads himself at the pop 'JERICHO' got when it flashed on the titantron

In Jericho's book, he tells that after Owen's funeral, Hogan asked him if he was going to WWF, and Jericho said yes. Hogan then asked if Jericho could take him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guzim
Nov 10, 2007

Take me away from this big bad world and agree to marry me. So we can start over again.
One of my my favorite WCW commentary moments as seen here in Botchamania 29:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hni8rbCceto#t=01m43s

Guzim
Nov 10, 2007

I was watching The Rise and Fall of WCW, and Goldberg said he found out about his championship match with Hogan when he was watching the episode of Thunder that was on a few days before that Nitro. Goldberg was saying how they should've build the feud, and gotten a huge PPV number. But that was Bischoff for you, always wanting to make sure that Nitro beat Raw in the ratings for one week.

Guzim
Nov 10, 2007

MyStereoHasMono posted:

*edit - Also just wanted to ask:

http://vodpod.com/watch/417924-goldberg-vs-hollywood-hogan

Will we ever see a crowd like that again at a wrestling event? Not just volume but insane excitement level. Fastforward to about 1:40.

I've always loved Bobby Hennan's commentary for this match because it's probably the only time he actually gave a poo poo in WCW.