Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
It was David Arquette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Paul Heyman would have probably been a good choice, but he was never really an option.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
At a minimum, I think Heyman would have had better ideas for guys like Douglas and Mike Awesome, both of whom were cringeworthy in WCW in 2000 (everything was). There would have probably been similarly juvenile stuff with the women as Russo came up with, but Paul was always good about having exciting wrestling on his shows, which the traditional WCW crowd typically responded to. I doubt that he could have turned the company around, seeing as how he's not exactly a business genius. The dying days would have been much more entertaining than what we got, though. I think Warner or whoever still pulls the plug.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
The bits with Sullivan from Florida in the Luna Vachon ep of DSOTR were pretty eye-opening, and you can see how he'd be a draw in the height of the Satanic Panic in the U.S.

As a kid seeing him in WCW, all I remember thinking about him was wishing they'd take this schlubby dwarf off my TV.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Russo never figured out that the Jerry Springer Show literally directed the audience on when to cheer and chant and whoop because he’s a loving idiot.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
I believe Dillon was legit injured in that match by the Doomsday Device inside the cage. The rematch (also included on the VHS home video) replaced JJ with the masked War Machine (Ray Traylor).

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
They were more meatheads than shitheads. They worked a rough style and weren’t exactly the most careful with their moves. Beating guys up was basically their gimmick, and they didn’t mind causing some pain. But I don’t think they ever intentionally injured anyone in the ring.

You can see why they wouldn’t be guys’ favorite dudes to get in the ring with, but they made money everywhere they went, so their opponents put up with it. Hawk was the more volatile personality of the two, and while he was loved by a lot of people, he had substance abuse issues that probably made him very unpleasant to plenty of coworkers (assuming they weren’t as bad off as he was).

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
The Brain Busters.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
You got a hell of a cage match coming up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
My Mick Foley Grill is busted. :(