Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

PlasticSpoon posted:

The WCW announce team was the best. Easily the best team in professional wrestling history. Zbyszko-Heenan-Schiavone was the best. Tenay was okay, but those three were it for me. They could announce anything and it would be awesome.

Oh and Zbyszko was classy as gently caress.

How long did this announce team exist for? Was it just for PPV? I seem to recall Schiavone and Zbyszko doing the first hour of Nitro alone, followed by Tenay, Heenan, and Schiavone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

Moose Bigelow posted:

Sid showed up to Arn's room with the leg of a chair. Arn opened the door and attacked with scissors. Sid got them and almost killed him.

There was an excellent clip floating around youtube, from 2 Cold Scorpio's highspot, shoot interview where he pretty much describes the entire incident in full-detail, from Flair cowering in his room until the ordeal ends, to 2 Cold Scorpio saving Arn's life.

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

oldpainless posted:

I've always ranked hogan/goldberg along with hogan/Austin as the two biggest ppv moneymakers that could have been done in a company but never were. At least in the last decade or so

What's the constant in both those scenarios, BROTHER? TNA is sitting on a goldmine, JACK! Hogan/Hogan, biggest moneymaker of all-time, DUDE!

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
This wasn't just any fight. It was an invitational.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lSjr_3XZ5o&feature=related

I particularly love min. 3:10 when Hugh Morris no-sells a trash can tin off his head.

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Does anyone think that WWF owning WCW could have worked out better (for example if they'd had them as genuinely their own promotion rather than the weak bad guys led by the McMahon kids), or was there never any real chance of it not sucking?

Here's how you start the Invasion: Pay Sting and have him watching from the rafters.

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

TL posted:

I remember hearing that the Texas Tornado was the Warrior because the original one died. That was one of the big urban legends of wrestling when I was in second grade.

I heard this too. The Warrior died. Then each Von Erich boy took turns portraying the Ultimate Warrior in name and appearance and subsequently all died as a result.

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

Lamuella posted:

here it is in all its retarded glory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgT5ta5oWCc

What's with the little dude with the eyepatch? Did he have a role in WCW outside these two videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsqA4w9IbeQ&feature=related#t=3m22s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
I was under the impression Heenan did not know about the heel turn and was just attacking Hogan as he normally did, in-character.