Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

PlasticSpoon posted:

The quote isn't in the video. But why do people make a big deal of the Bischoff quote

Heenan: Which side did he fall off of?

Bischoff: Well theres a river and a parking lot what difference does it make"

I mean, from that far up and in kayfabe, either side is lethal.

This

For some reason, people think jumping into a body of water from any height is the ultimate safety blanket, but hitting water from a height can basically kill you as much as hitting concrete would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot
I always thought Schiavone was alright, considering the massive amount of bullshit he had to announce in the later days of WCW.

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Free Market Gravy posted:

Yeah, everyone jokes about BACK BRAIN LEG KICK and poo poo, but until Madden joined commentary and it all went downhill, WCW's commentary really wasn't bad at all and I'd gladly take it over the WWE's commentary now.

Madden's only redeeming quality was him not being able to hold back bashing Russo's lovely storylines and angles

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Karmine posted:

The two were feuding at the time of his death and the next Monday night they showed an "in memory of graphic" and then later on in the show Schiavone said something about "our thoughts and prayers are with his family etc" and then Zbysko said "I'd let you know how I felt about Spicolli but out of respect to his family I'll keep my mouth shut."

kayfabe until the end brother

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Gavok posted:

Does anyone else remember the horrifically embarrassing WCW/MTV live call-in special they did one year? I can honestly say it's the biggest trainwreck of WCW's entire existence. Even with stuff like Arquette as champ, I've never felt as bad for the company as this show.

I do remember this :psyduck:

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Rodney the Piper posted:

For reference, here's the DDT Digest coverage of the event, which (I think) was live. http://ddtdigest.com/updates/2000093p.htm

"ddtdigest posted:

Douglas says Kidman will join Orndorff in the hospital.

* Real classy, dumbass.

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Davros1 posted:

WWE also tried the grunge gimmick. Anybody remember Louie Spicolli as "Rad Radford"?

Yes, and his stint with the Body Donnas as they tried to get him in shape

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Pneub posted:

Dance/Techno - Alex Wright

Tekno Team 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

CarlCX posted:

Wow, I never realized how blatantly that rips off "Shimmy Shimmy Ya," it's not even subtle.

Jimmy Hart has never been subtle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hEhJ63wY0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVUzz3M_D8s