Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Coffey posted:

Nitro in '97 was the best wrestling EVER in my opinion. The nWo Vs. Sting storyline was absolutely on fire. I don't know a single person in real life that wasn't watching. It was crazy. I have never seen wrestling so mainstream and popular. poo poo owned.

This.

I was 15 at the time and me and all the guys I went to school with would watch/talk about Nitro every week. The consensus was that WWF was for kids and WCW was more grown-up.

The only thing the WWF had during that time period that could pull me away from WCW was masked Kane.

And I didn't stop watching because I felt WCW was going south or anything. Between getting a car and my Junior/Senior years of high school I just started losing interest in wrestling all-together.

I got back into wrestling in college in the early 2000's and by that time the Attitude Era was in full-swing and WCW just couldn't compete.

I'm not as knowledgeable about wrestling as most around here but IMO WCW was just a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. At the end of the day in WWE, for better or worse, the buck stops with Vince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU