Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gavok posted:

I'm back to writing wrestling listicles and my editor asked me to write about 15 Things WCW Did Better Than WWE. So I did.

#1 providing a suitable environment for the big boys to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Long, long before I watched wrestling, Giant was my favorite wrestler in the world because I rented WCW/nWo Revenge and put him in the green biker outfit and renamed him SUPER LUIGI and dominated all the modes with him. And then my friend who did watch wrestling rented some WWF game and I asked if Giant was in it because he was the only wrestler I knew and that's how I learned about Big Show.

And if WCW did one thing so right it was Buffer's title match introductions. I love when he's doing the announcing and he's just like "THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD...HE...IS.....GIANT!". Like, yeah, not THE Giant, he's just Giant. That's what he is. Badass. :hai:

one of the best parts of peak wcw is hands down Michael buffer making up his own nicknames and accolades for wrestlers that 1) no one else ever used and 2) mostly made no sense

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Running Lariats are cool and great finishers just look at Stan Hansen

yeah if someone does a great lariat I am a ok with it being a finisher, lariats rule and look vicious when they're done right. honestly I gave Bradshaw more of a pass than I should for longer than I should because the clothesline from hell ruled and the acolytes ruled

gosh dang kazuchika Okada is the best wrestler in the world and his finisher is a lariat

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Is it a bad thing that I've been a wrestling fan for almost a decade now and I still can barely remember specifics when it comes to wrestling moves beyond the super basic stuff?

to be fair i mostly only know moves as a result of being a little dork who spent a lot of time in create a wrestler modes

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

this thread is The Toad Zone now, where we all talk about our favorite wrestler, Toad

I like how he looks like a young version of drils av

e or perhaps his son

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

bless your heart for this one mrt

e frog is p good actually

shiksa fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 1, 2024

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Lid posted:

Surely Stab can get in contact with Joey Janela and just has to say "have you heard of Toad?"

toad is SUCH a spring break character, I have no doubt Joey could track him down

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

frog should have a wwe talk show called "the lily pad" wwe can fire Grayson waller or whatever to make time

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

Can I just say how perfect it is that Frog was discovered end of February this very year?

I believe u mean Froguary

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

LvK posted:

Frog should have gotten the IWGP belt instead of Brock.

[Paul Heyman voice] my client.... FFFFFFFRRROOOOOOOOOOGGGG

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Beer_Suitcase posted:

In Beyond The Mat he says he has 4 justifiable homicides from when he was a bounty hunter. I really wish he would have gotten some movie roles.

alternate universe where new jack has ice cube's career

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

yeah, wcw at the time was p firmly "the southern rasslin company" with all that comes with it.. the original implications of colonel parker managing harlem heat was uhhh.. let's just say a bit outdated at the time, would get a company torn apart today

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Did Syxx really get his name from adding up the numbers of the 1-2-3 Kid?

oh geez i had never even considered that.

the little video intros in that nitro game were the best part, it certainly wasnt the actual game, it was very bad

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Two Beans posted:

Technically because he was the 6th member of the nWo. But also yes.

isnt that counting, like, ted dibiase? lol early nwo was weird

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

haunted bong posted:

Sting wearing a Jeff Farmer mask

whenever Sting is wearing a Sting mask to ambush someone, hes dressed as nWo sting

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

And drank John Belushi under the table after Wrestlemania 2....four years after John Belushi died.

corpses have a higher tolerance than us living, brother

thank you everyone for posting your favorite Hogan lies, hulk Hogan lies are one of my favorite pieces of wrestling ephemera

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

haunted bong posted:

The world's smartest mark is nothing more to me than the world's smartest termite, brother

i am tired of jabronis. these marks, dude. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives, brother

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

Barry Windham when he cared was one of the best to ever do it, and Barry Windham when he didn't care did not give a fuuuuuuck

yeah, Barry Windham blew my loving mind when I went back to watch old wcw, at his peak he really truly was one of the greats. problem is he kept on way way longer after that

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

who betta? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

90 wcw is pretty dire but you are almost at the fun that is 1991/2

91/92 wcw is unironically kind of my favorite wrestling to watch. like its not the BEST era by any means but boy is it charming.