Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Rey Mysterio Jr

He was a masked luchadore (Spanish for cruiserweight) who had matches with other masked luchadores and some unmasked luchadores like Dean Malenko. There was controversy when he fought Kevin Nash because he lost his mask. He later won the cruiserweight tag titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
poop buckets

The Ultimate Warrior was a supernatural character who would appear out of nowhere. This was actually a special effect accomplished with trap doors. Sometimes other wrestlers would use the trap doors. One time Curt Hennig was under there for so long he had to poop in a bucket and it really stunk.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Dean Douglas has great music.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I don’t mean Deep Purple, his WWF theme was good (minus the scratching on the chalkboard at the start).

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I’m assuming it’s foam but I wouldn’t be shocked if WCW handed out real bricks.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Bryan Clarke showed potential. He moved pretty quick for a guy that size. Adams was a decent power guy earlier in his career too.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I just assumed this is from the same person as the AEW invoice.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I can confirm that the AEW invoice was not made by the entity in charge of the WCW 2021 reboot and thus you must legally believe that WWE has given WCW 2021 50% of all the WCW stuff.

Ok. WCW back!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I’ve heard Jeff Jarrett was a great baby face early in his career but neither WWE or WCW ever pushed him as one.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I think the best time for Perfect to be champ would have been late 1992. If they had held off on Bret and had Perfect beat Flair a month later instead then that might have worked out ok for a short run.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

WatermelonGun posted:

hulk hogan is going to be dead soon too, because i’m going to shoot him with a bazooka. So you can buy that shirt.

Sorry dude, but he’s nicknamed The Immortal for a reason.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Disco’s greatest moments are:

1) the konnan parody
2) the time he tapped out immediately in a match because if he had been hurt he couldn’t do all his dance moves
3) the time mr wonderful brutally squashed Disco for checking out his hair in Mr. Wonderful’s mirror

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

*****1/2

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

https://creations.mattel.com/en-ca/products/wwe-ultimate-edition-wcw-monday-nitro-entrance-stage-hvf82

$400 USD/$695 CAD but if collected toys I’d be very tempted.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

What guys did WCW use better than WWE?

I would say:
- Sting
- Goldberg
- Vader
- Scott Steiner
- Kevin Nash
- Scott Hall
- Kidman
- Raven
- Dean Malenko
- DDP
- Perry Saturn
- Marc Mero
- Lance Storm
- Ultimo Dragon
- Juventud Guerrera
- Chavo Guerrero
- Chris Kanyon
- Paul Wight
- Ricky Steamboat

Debatable
- Ric Flair
- Booker T
- Ron Simmons
- Sid
- Meng

Who am I missing?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

I feel like both companies used Paul Wight the same (occasionally well but typically very poorly), but WCW had him for less time.

Also I think that Hall is debatable. Yeah, I know he was the first guy to show up for the NWO, but then Nash showed up and he was made second fiddle. Then Hogan joined and he was third fiddle. And yeah, Razor Ramon never got to be WWF champion, but he was booked pretty consistently as a featured guy who was over and did cool moves. WCW gave him the NWO angle but they also gave us Drunk Scott Hall.

Good point about Hall, and I did have Wight on the debatable list originally but then I just felt that his first year or so in WCW gave them the edge.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Barbarian’s another interesting one, because he was pushed higher in WCW but really wasn’t over at all. Otherwise, he was pushed about the same level overall.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

If only the Buff Bagwell Tracfone could have kept WCW on the line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Did Syxx really get his name from adding up the numbers of the 1-2-3 Kid?

No. He multiplied them.