Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I've always wanted to see a WW3 match live. At least that would have to be pretty cool, right?... Right??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Who'd win in a fight, Rock from Pain and Gain or Optimus Prime from Transformers: Dark of the Moon?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

If a situation like the raft bidding war between goons ever happens again I say we all just pitch in a pre-agreed upon amount of cash money and then decide who the true owner is via a 40-man battle royal in WCW Revenge.
Because I want that Sting+Robocop shirt. I want it bad.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

So context is this week I heard a friend say the infamous WCW logo looked like a fidget spinner

That poo poo looks dangerous man be careful!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Lex Luger was way more hosed than Jeff post WCW given WWF went as far to accuse him of killing Liz. Jeff at least had a dad to go halfies on a company with.

Any chance you can add to this story? I remember it from way back when, and to be totally honest bought it hook, line and sinker as a young mark at the time, but now I don’t really recall much. Either the WWE version or the shoot.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Huh. I honestly remembere it as being worse, like they outright said “he loving did it.” Still though... that 911 call is a bummer to hear :(

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I am Dusty’s pasty, hairless calves wedged between cutoff jeans and cowboy boots.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

little munchkin posted:

my second favorite promo of his after steiner math https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVOLkYxEdnY

Why does this guy have multiple videos of him cutting promos with random wrestlers? He seems like a cool dude.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Vince I know you’re reading this. Sign him.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

The Misfits in Action were the worst stable in major league wrestling history.

The Corre at least had a good promo in it. The League of Nations had some good wrestlers.

The Misfits in Action were led by General Hugh G Rection, who sucked. His promos all sucked. He managed to have bland boring feuds with everyone. His stable mates sucked. Corporal Cajun was a bad wrestler. Private/Major Stash was a bad wrestler. All the momentum the Wall had after his brief Hogan feud and kind of a push was killed. All of their matches were bad. Their storylines, like Huge Erection's senile father, or Major Gunns feuding with Miss Hancock (or her joining Team Canada) were all horrible. The stable falling apart managed to be horrible and nonsensical with the way Chavo left.

Major Gunns despite being a horrible promo and wrestler was at least a nice person and probably the only good part of the stable.

Also their theme music sucked and their merch sucked.

Yo, you dealin with the X-Factor

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I at least remember (vaguely) things that MIA did. Straight up the only thing I remember about X-Factor is the lovely song.

Genuinely not sure who wins this.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

X-Factors back causin’ mass destruction
Guess who’s here? The bad boys of wrestlin’

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Go on...

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Daffney was always good :colbert:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Daffney is a very nice person and could do a rana, but she was bad at pretty much everything else. She was better than David Flair though.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad about having your bad opinion.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Speaking as a Daffney Dude myself, I have to admit that most of my Dudeness came from her run in TNA. Shout out to her stuff with Abyss and Dr. Stevie.

But, I just watched a match of hers in the WCW against Crowbar (for the Cruiserweight Title, I think?) and I’ll have Mr. T know that not only did she perform a “rana” (aka Franken-Screamer), but she also pulled off a DDT, a Spear AND an Atomic Wedgie.

So suck it old man.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Not a storyline

Here’s Sid’s take on it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QThCAGoIH3Q

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Can’t we just see where this goes? It could be fun.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Its Rovert from the Anti-Matter universe. The Anti-Scoopsman.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

The trash bouncing off his head and right into the camera is just.. perfect. It’s mezmerizing, like a lava lamp.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Finger Poke of Doom
The finger poke of doom occurred January 1999 on an episode of Nitro and was poorly received by fans and may have played a role in the downfall of the company too. More to come.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Could be a good idea. I actually just received some anti-scoops that’ll blow your fuckin minds. Can’t say anything just yet though, gotta protect my sources. It’s so crazy though, you guys, it’s really gonna Rock your world when you find out.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Nitro girls are cool. Being live for cool wrestling things is cool.

I was at the Raw where Lance Storm superkicked a bunch of dudes and started The Invasion. That was cool.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

JonathanSafranFoer posted:

Maybe you should admit that you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"

I SAID DID YOU FORGET YOU’RE SCISSORS

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Hulk Hogan
Can go to hell... Straight to hell.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Chuck Norris
Was on Nitro once and hung out with Goldberg and also Jean Claude Van Damme was there too.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

The Internet
The Internet is the global system of interconnected computer networks that uses the Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to communicate between networks and devices. It’s got the scoops, brother.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Davros1 posted:

I believe Raven is the only guy to have a ECW, WCW, WWE, and TNA figure

I wish I was friends with someone who owned all of these. We could do a ladder Match with the four faces of Raven. It’d be fun.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Hell TNA had a video game. Once.

Pretty sure it looks better than any of the current WWE games, too.

And that was where Suicide made his first appearance!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrxZouoXouE

I... might need to dig this out...

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Maigius posted:

Why do I have the feeling that Dixie is the only female figure in the line.

This thread made me curious and now my new favourite hobby is googling TNA toys.
Things I have learned:

1. They at least made a few girls, I saw Gail Kim, Daffney & The Beautiful People

2. They don’t scale the figures with each other, meaning Eric Young is exactly as tall as Matt Morgan who is exactly as tall as Sting

3. They made a Willow action figure

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’ll never understand the appeal of burying your shelves under 8 million figures all in the exact same pose. Cut out at least half of those figures, use their loving articulation and for gods sake, learn to put some lighting into your displays. And that’s not even getting into group compositions or paying attention to blending colours properly.

loving amateur hour up in this bitch.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Hey JSF, sometimes we can be dicks here in the WCW, but it always comes from a place of love. I personally think it’d be great to hear your uncles stories about where the big boys played.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

WCW was Ninja Turtles, TNA was Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze, and Impact is Ninja Turtles III.

If anyone wants to kick my rear end for this post I understand.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I dunno, I never saw those ones.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

oh but seriously I posted:

I always feel like I dreamed Turtles III

And that’s why I think the comparison works. I still don’t really believe people when they say Impact is a thing that continues to exist. Like wtf?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

521 pages in and my biggest take away from this thread is... drugs are good?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Maigius posted:

Really stupid thought experiment, if the only part of human culture that aliens had of us was the complete run of WCW, what would they be learn about us and what would they think?

At first they would probably think “we should gently caress this planet up and steal all their poo poo”, but then they’d get to the part with Big Poppa Pump and be all like “holy poo poo turn the gently caress around”.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

It’s funny how perceptions change over time. I remember back in the day everybody hated Nash because he was lazy and selfish. 20 years later it’s pretty much unanimous that Kevin Nash rules, largely because he’s lazy and selfish.

I’d mostly attribute that to getting old and having jobs, but I’d like to think his run in the X-Division had something to do with it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I was introduced to a lady at a wedding a few years ago because her husband was a wrestler in the 70’s. I forget the specifics (I was very drunk) but after he retired, her husband started a gym in Florida that a bunch of wrestlers would hang out at, and I guess they were all friends or whatever.
Anyway, she was very excited to talk about how she was friends with (among others) The Rocks Mom and had hung out with The Rock a bunch, I guess got to know him pretty well. So everybody around is all excited to hear this lady tell stories about the famous actor she knows, which admittedly is cool, but then she casually mentions this other wrestler that she is friends with, one she was pretty sure I’d never heard of, a guy who used to wrestle under the name Meng.

I was marking out bro.

So again, I reiterate that I was very drunk. My questions might not have been exactly coherent, my memories are certainly... foggy, but I’ll never forget the moment I had been waiting for, I asked the question:

“So I heard he bit a guys nose off one time?”

“Oh my god... how do you even know about that??” She seemed surprised, like it was some family secret nobody was supposed to know.

But nobody else wanted to hear about the time some wrestler bit a dudes nose off, so the conversation moved on and I had to leave to deal with my then-girlfriend, who was also very, very drunk. Good times.