Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

hoot has only watched nwa/wcw from 1984-89 why would he have heard of him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

dont like being punched get out the combat sport imho. Bret Hart im looking at you

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

it is an actual Trainwreck. I love it W-W-WCW 4 lyfe

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

What should I watch if I want to see Rude in his prime? He's one of those guys I always knew was a legend but I haven't caught much of what he did.

92 g1 finals

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i always swapped the big show and rey mysterios moves

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

have you seen the Great Muta yet?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

You get the Great moniker once you learn how to spit poison.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

oh man thats a great rear end main event. No one spoil hoot on anything please

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Tajiri got robbed

the wwf never respects wrestling tradition

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The Samoan SWAT Team are great and they have an all time great team name to boot

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

The Undertaker wrestled under "Mean Mark" for the WCW in 1989 and Teddy Long was his manager?!?

Edit: oh wait this episode is from 1990. poo poo. My exclamation still stands

Edit2: I'm up to WrestleWar '89. Great Muta shpuld have been a heavyweight title contender.

Great Muta fact: Hes on excursion at this time to season him up for his big heavyweight run for his home company NJPW. NJPW and WCW work together a lot in the 90s and you will see a few split shows run between them.

Great Muta is my favorite wrestler and i do the Muta mist throat pinch to taunt my friends more than an adult should.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

this is sad news i liked ice train but that headline made me lmao

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, it pretty much derailed all of WCW's main event plans.

it takes him a while to get his groove back too.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

cactus too. Sting rules

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Its prety much the horsemen and black scorpion iirc. 90 and 91 were just creativly bad years too so that didnt help him.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i think a half dozen different people? After George Scott, Flair is booking his own stuff because at this point he is untouchable due to being Ted Turners favorite wrestler. There is a committee with JR, Eddie Gilbert, Ole Anderson, Kevin Sullivan, and maybe cornette booking everything else. Then it's Ole and Dusty in "charge" from 90-91 but the people afore mentioned all have varring input. I dont remember if watts and frey did any booking while they were in charge of the company. Its very muddy and confusing

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i wanna say it boils down to politics and the guys were just behind the ball in terms of wrestling. They were still doing things the 1970s nwa way. Jim Heard also hated the number one star of wcw Ric Flair, thought he was an old bastard. JR and others agreed and this struggle eventually leads to flair going to the wwf. This also created camps and these camps just burryed each other.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

iirc Pillman is a Flair guy and his push stalls out hard despite how popular he is.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

his eye grew back, impressive

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat he was very entertaining in wcw

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Gangrel was top tier:

1) Baller theme music
2) Baller entrance
3) Had Edge & Christian as minions
4) Puffy pirate shirt

5) cool ddt
6) does mutas elbow drop

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Are heels ever allowed clean pins/wins?

no Giant Baba only invented clean wins a couple years ago in japan so it takes like a decade to filter over

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Yes and no, Its probably weekly live tv in the us where heels will just beat people outside of squash matches

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

time machine goals: shake jamie kellners hand before he cancels wcw and change the timeline forever!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

cant just close the thread in the middle of hoots wcw rewatch, thats very rude

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he may have almost murdered four people in the ring but new jack could cut a promo, brother

they all deserved it

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

especially mass transit

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

mystic pimp posted:

new jack shouldve stabbed more wrestlers

+1

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

imagine if new jack just stabbed shane Douglas, what a better timeline we could be in

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

What did Shane Douglas do?

boring wrestler

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

horrible promo too

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Someone was mad enough to spend $10 to change it to an animated gif of Yoda raping Like Skywalker because I said they were bad at video games. A mod later replaced it with the baby because rape isn’t funny. I don’t care/post enough to change it back

:vince:

i rememebr a time when lots of people had that av

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Soon I will see Big Van Vader. Great American bash July 7th 1990!

soon you will enter ... THE WHITE CASTLE... OF FEAR!!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

iirc Stan was actually a nice person he was kinda blind though so he would destroy people in the ring

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he's been dropped on the head a lot, OP

ive seen that tombstone and hes never his his head

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

want an icopro shirt

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

he told Bret he would get him back for doing the wrestlemania 9 deal. Thats the biggest lie ever and i dont think the hulkster belived it

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i want to read Hogans written match synopsis

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

step 6 the hulk up brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

what about a jason movie but hogan is jason and everytime you think hes dead he starts to hulk up