Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I don't think it's possible to miss the point more than they did with Warrior. Hey, it's this intense guy who got over by running to the ring, being insane and smashing the poo poo out of heels everyone hated. So let's have him cut half hour promos and never fight anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Vic Venom was probably a pretty nice clue.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I miss CRZ. I really do.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They lowballed him and wanted him as a midcarder, then brought him in and had Hogan tap to him? Uh...?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Admittedly, my mind jumped to some guy holding a woman at gunpoint and Pillman ambushing him with a pencil stabbing to the face. I miss Pillman.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Adrian Street, well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bhLK6XPKCs

Yeah.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And of course, the angle would end on that random Nitro where Hall asked Giant if he was really Andre's kid.

"*Long pause* Nah."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure the Nintendo line was actually free up until the 90s or so, when they went from having live people to talk to to a prerecorded thing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well, that certainly turned out to be one of the Master's less successful plans.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The fat old guy is King Curtis. The little guy is Kevin Sullivan, who believe or it or not, used to be a pretty scary wrestler. Curtis is now the Master, and apparently Sullivan's father. They hated Hulk Hogan. Somewhere in here, Brutus the Barber turned on Hogan and joined up with Sullivan, then Hogan beat him and Sullivan turned on him, giving him amnesia until he came back as Zodiac, who later turned out to be a spy for Hogan all along, who...ow, my head.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I seem to remember his finisher the High Knee never failing to crack Dusty up on Saturday Night.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I never realized they actually acknowledged that the Paul Bearer name was a pun on TV until I rewatched his Brother Love debut.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Narcissist was really the best gimmick Luger ever had. He even played it perfectly in the ring. He was this big oaf who just wanted to check himself out in his mirrors, and would knock you out to go back to the important task of checking himself out in the mirrors.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

I'll take that over Larry Z refusing to break kayfabe and talking trash about Louie Spicoli after he died.

Seriously, that was such a moment of what the gently caress. They're all giving condolences to Spicoli's family or whatever, then Larry mutters something like "I could say something nice, but in the interest of being honest, I'll pass". The hell.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I remember all of the horrible dirtsheet sites like Wrestlezone blaring "Nash holds the book and the belt" right after he won.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

"Chaaaaaaastity!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

What was up with the Furface thing never going anywhere? There was that really brief period in the 90s where Beefcake would run in and just completely destroy guys like Earthquake (and Quake was always really protected, even against Hogan), then it was dropped and never mentioned again.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure that's a stock Goldberg picture with a knife and fork shopped in, which is hilarious and lazy.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Was that the one where Dusty went insane(r) on commentary? "They fightin in the women's bathroom!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Mein Gott ist es Steinkälte!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It was a reoccurring thing where Jerry Flynn (not to be confused with Jerry Lynn) would set up shop in the boiler room and fight whoever showed up. I want to say it ended when Meng answered the challenge and demolished him, but I'm probably off.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Taker also permanently retired Muhammad Hassan.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, Michaels was generally acting like a dickhead leading to the Barber Shop thing. Then he had a singles match with Flair where he knocked himself out doing some flippy thing to the outside, Jannetty got him up and dumped him back in the ring, where Flair pinned him. So he was pissy about that.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The idea that at one point Lance Storm was carrying around three titles boggles the mind.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

...there was an Anton Chigurh wrestling gimmick? That sounds amazing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

You missed the Harrises cutting a rambling promo, then turning on Athena and powerbombing her twice.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm legitimately kind of surprised that guy is straight.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Chrono Trigger came out in August of 95, so yeah, the SNES was still pretty huge.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He did, but it wasn't really because of the gimmick. I think Gilbertti would have gotten over just by being Gilbertti.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I remember Thunder mainly for those video intros. They were all supposed to be telling you why you should pick the character...except for Scott Hall, who I guess got mixed up and started going on about how he was going to beat you up for picking him.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Goldberg, Luger, Sting...kind of. Jarrett, kind of. Oh, and Piper.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'd heard it was more that his hip was hosed and he couldn't stop his momentum very well anymore.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I remember back when the George Michael Sports Machine was a thing on NBC news, he'd cover wrestling sometimes and did a highlight reel of a Mysterio match. They cut back to the anchors, who were like "I don't really follow this stuff but I'd start following to see that guy. He's nuts"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Estrada was also over like hell with his intro bit. Then he was fired.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Wright/Roma match was surreal. At one point Roma's in a chinlock, and stops to argue with someone in the crowd *while in a chinlock*.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They were neat there too, if only for the Shaker Heights Spike, the ugliest, meanest "Oh poo poo they've killed that guy" finisher ever.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

If it were WWE, they would have gotten pissed at the Rednecks accidentally getting over and spent the next six months having them all lose to Hornswoggle.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Maybe they're being sneaaaaaaaaaky with their fanbase.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He grew to hate wrestling because the travel was murdering him. Doesn't mean he always did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That's doubly funny since Heath Herring *did* punch him 50,000 times. He punched him so much he got tired, then Brock choked him to death with his own arm.