Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I found one on ebay, but they can't get it to me in time. There's lots of DDP ones, though, and I could get it delivered to my hotel in Orlando, but I realized wearing that would be a real dick move to the person behind me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope the Robocop shirt shows up on ebay and another bidding war between goons not communicating with each other happens.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

There was definite communication.

:ninja:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is the greatest bobblehead in the history of our sport!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Eric Bischoff making GBS threads on everything WCW owns.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

I think I've posted this before but I've been kind of following this in the back of my head during Tuesday Nitro and tonight was an important night in the chronology.

WCW debuted the Big Gold Belt in 86. It cost about $12,000 and featured fake jewels that the wrestlers apparently kept trying to steal and sell, which had to be replaced. It had one distinctive feature later on, a bend in the top of the belt. This first appeared in 89 when Muta used it as a weapon but got much worse as time wore on. By 98-99 the belt was looking pretty worn. Around the filming of Ready to Rumble WCW had some casts of the belt made. They went to Nash, DDP, Scott Steiner, the movie and one later to Jeff Jarrett. This becomes important later on.

At Bash at the Beach 2000 the bent belt is switched with the cast Jeff Jarrett has. Hogan wins it after Jarrett lays down for him and then both sides work themselves into a shoot. Hogan thinks he has the original belt, but he doesn't. The original belt is awarded to the winner of Booker vs Jarrett on that show, you can tell because Hogan's looks new and Booker's doesn't.

So that belt gets swapped around until the final Nitro when Scott Steiner, then the champion switches the original belt for his cast and Booker T wins that one to take to the WWF. Scott Steiner then keeps the original and has it in his personal collection.

Do you have any good pictures of them?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I always like when Show does something really out of the ordinary like oh hey Show just did a moonsault sure why not

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Doc Morbid posted:

It's weird how even though he was supposed to be a really popular rapper in the 90s with his own giant record company and all that poo poo, I've never heard of Master P outside of his WCW stint and that song he did for the South Park soundtrack album in 1998.

These days I'd chalk that up to the fact I'm old and out of touch, but back in the mid to late 90s I used to watch hours of MTV pretty much every day and had several friends who were really into rap so I was familiar with the big names, but I don't remember anyone ever mentioning Master P even in passing. Maybe he just wasn't that well known in Europe?

We gonna ride tonight
My little homey Kenny died tonight

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's the most Florida Man Dusty could possibly look without being covered in meth

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Here is with some jabroni mark fans.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Even 50k seems extremely low for Hulk Hogan merch in 1997 because he had to be getting a large chunk of the NWO shirts and they had to have sold millions of those things - they were everywhere in my school at the time and I'm sure everyone else's.
I'd bet a large percentage of nWo shirts in the wild were bootlegs.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Defiance Industries posted:

Thiel v. Gawker is like Stalin v. Hitler. Thiel is an rear end in a top hat but he was briefly pointed at the right target.

lol no

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

Don't overlook WCW/NWO Thunder

Is there a joke I'm not getting here?

E: Ah, DDP is.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 26, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fart blood posted:

I thought they liked each other. I didn’t know they had a falling out.

I don't know anything about what happened, but you can like a person but not want to work with them (and vice-versa).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I love all the handshakes gone wrong stories

They're all so gloriously fuckin' stupid
They're great because they all end with someone getting fired, whether they do or do not shake hands with someone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ecavalli posted:

Truth. There was something about the snap and the impact of a Jake Roberts DDT that just made it look like he'd killed a dude. He simply does DDTs better than almost anybody.

A ton. Bischoff was big into the "bikers = tough guys" thing that's etched into the brains of baby boomers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Randaconda posted:

Spice was the best Nitro girl, do not @me.
15-18 year old me had a huge crush on her.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I liked doing a fireball motion to do a suplex or whatever. That was cool, Acclaim.

(The PS1 THQ games didn't seem awful at the time, though.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Did you use the create a costume function to give him a mailman uniform?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm gonna buy a Chris Jericho shirt on Wednesday because he drew me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NikkolasKing posted:

I really do think Sid scores high in every metric you need to be a pro wrestler except for, well, the ability to wrestle. In terms of Look, he has to be an 11/10. If we could bring the Platonic Ideal of a pro wrestler to life, it would look like Sid. He had oodles of charisma and was good on the mic in his own Sid way that worked for him.
I was going to say you're wrong and that Randy Orton is well known to be the platonic ideal, but he is a superstar, not a pro wrestler.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I’m still looking at Alex Wright’s dick.

How does it compare to Batista's?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I had such a crush on Spice when I was a horny teen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Randaconda posted:

She's a chiropractor now, iirc

From one scam to another

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BrigadierSensible posted:

The WCW Wrestling shirt I always wanted was a Monday Night Jericho shirt. You know, in the Nitro font.

I reckon he is missing a trick by not selling Wednesday Night Jericho shirts for AEW. I know I'd buy one.
I had that back in high school!

He's selling an AEW IS JERICHO shirt which is kind of the same concept.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looks like something a bird left on my car

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tooooooy boooooo-ooooyyyy

Well, I need a Kevin Nash ornament, so Ebay alert here we go

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tato posted:

I collect wrestling cards and recently got a bootleg set from Singapore. For some reason I was greatly delighted by this Hogan card and its Diablo font

Bonus The Kane included

Please post the entire set.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Suplex Liberace posted:

Is that really Hogan? The tattoos don't look right and neither dose his face. Maybe I'm just not awake enough yet

Of course not. Hulk Hogan would never allow a paper to quote him as "Terry Gene Bollea"

Gene isn't even his middle name!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That dastardly Kyle Petty!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Buff Bagwell said trans rights

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is the ideal make bedroom. You don't have to like it but this is what peak batin' performance looks like.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Red posted:

What is the $400 for? That looks like a $20 playset.
Have you seen what $20 gets you in the toy section today? This is almost certainly overpriced, but it's way more than $20. One of those figures alone retails for more than $20!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If torrents were cool, they would reduce quality slightly every time they're transferred for the real tape-trading experience.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the face of 90's wrestling is gangrel

Fangin and bangin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shard posted:

wait xpac wasnt in the wolfpac what the hell

Outsiders + Syxx were the Wolfpac before it was a separate nWo group. They wrestled for the tag titles under Wolfpac Rules for a bit while Nash was injured.

It wasn't a *big* thing and obviously the later group is much more remembered.