Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn
The idea of the Ding Dongs wasn't nearly as bad as the idea of the Hunchbacks. See, they had humps on their backs, so you couldn't pin their shoulders to the ground! They couldn't be beat!

*sigh* Poor WCW.

I voted for Russo by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn

Rusty Shackelford posted:

The Ding Dongs were the ones with the hunchbacks.

They were? Are you sure? Pretty sure the Hunchbacks never made it to TV as (I think) Ole just said he'd slap on an armbar and make them submit.

Here's a Ding Dongs match, hump free:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-pCo0CMIFA

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn

American Clamdigger posted:

Did you watch Nitro in 1997?

Nitro in '97 was the best wrestling EVER in my opinion. The nWo Vs. Sting storyline was absolutely on fire. I don't know a single person in real life that wasn't watching. It was crazy. I have never seen wrestling so mainstream and popular. poo poo owned.

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn

tzirean posted:

No, Luger definitely won with the Torture Rack.

I'll never forget this. Tony Schiavone flipped out on commentary!

TONY: "HE'S GONNA RACK HOGAN!"

Then after Hogan gave up and Luger won, the entire WCW lockerroom came out and cleaned the spray paint off the world title.

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn
I remember reading one of the final straws for Jericho was when he found out that 4x4 (the big dude from No Limit Soldiers) was making more money than him.

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn

MassRayPer posted:

It looks like despite Hogan's claims he's above Dixie that he's below her as wrestlers they have contacted have been told to talk to Dixie if they want to come in. But given how Dixie is slavishly devoted to anyone she thinks will bring TNA ratings and is in general a giant idiot, she'll give him whatever he wants.

According to her most recent Twitter update, she is "working with" Hogan on writing the 1/4 show. So take that for what it's worth.

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn
Yeah, it also doesn't note if Russo is there or not.

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn
WCW made a lot of wrestlers household names. Mainly because they had TV that everyone could get. Flair, Sting, Goldberg, DDP...all WCW. Jericho, Guerrero, Benoit, Mysterio all had experience elsewhere (ECW, Mexico, Japan) but were known because of WCW. As mentioned earlier, Jericho & The Giant (The Big Show) are still in WWE. Even smaller names like Chavo, Dustin Rhodes (Goldust), Finlay all the way down to Jim Ross had their roots from WCW. So it's not like they didn't get us anything, regardless of is the show was piss or not.

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn

MassRayPer posted:

How was Raven an old guy in spring of 1998? I thought that was a really loving cool angle when WCW played it in highlight form, since if I remember correctly DDP gets DDTed onto a coffee table.

Yes and it owned. That was one of the things that made me start liking Raven.

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn
What was the name of the blond chick that WCW had doing backstage interviews during 2000? Scott Steiner used to always flirt with her.

Here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn
I thought that's who it was, but I wasn't sure. A friend and I were arguing over it but when I Googled her, it didn't look like the same person.