Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The OP is a really great post summarizing the death of WCW but I can't believe you didn't mention Watt's ridiculous old school mentality of having over-the-top-rope DQs and no climbing the turnbuckles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRayPer posted:

No it isn't.

First of all, it involves THREE CAGES. You need to climb up the structure through three cages to get the belt. So, you've combined a cage match with a ladder match. On top of this, the second cage is full of weapons. So you've combined a weapons match, a cage match, and a ladder match.

Then you add in the War Games teams. So you've got a Team based Cage match combined with a ladder match combined with a weapons match. War Games has Royal Rumble entrances, so you have a Royal Rumble style staggered entrances in a team based triple cage/ladder/weapons match.

On top of this, the teams had to qualify for the match, and some of the matches were handi cap matches.

THAT IS loving COMPLICATED!

In its most simple form, wrestling matches are: Two Guys Fight in a ring.

In its most simple form this match is: 8 Guys who enter at different times fight while attempting to climb up three cages to get a belt and then attempt to escape with the belt.

And this was done on Nitro. Durf.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'd be down to help with that Gav.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I was a freshman in high school and was SO excited for Raw/Nitro that night.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I really want the PSPodcast to do a WCW special episode asap. I love talking about that retarded company.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

blunt posted:

Nothing in the WCW games will ever match the sheer WTF-ness of WCW Thunder's dance mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHY7WAfEMtI

Thunder and Nitro were such weird games with the monster characters and crazy stages. If the game had better (any) playability I probably would have loved it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The American Dream posted:

What was everyone's favorite wrestler or team in Revenge? I went with Saturn and Scott Hall for singles and as a team together.

Every answer is wrong unless it's AKI/THQ man.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

There was a short period between 1998-2001 where EVERYTHING had a card game. That said, I don't even remember this existing.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Did WWE ever make a serious but unsuccessful effort to recruit a WCW guy?
I can only think of guys who were eager to jump like Jericho or the handful of guys who took Time Warner buyouts as soon as possible.

Was JR just a hands off kind of guy? He tells a story of how he met with Rey and told him to hang out and rest his injuries, and the contract offer would be on the table when his Time Warner deal was up a year later.

Sting?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I remember Nash cannonballing into a pool to get away from Goldberg. That's about it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Chris Gaines posted:

The best part about wasting all that money on Master P was that it got the borderline racist heels over, which was not WCW's intention at all.

Hey that rap is crap song was catchy.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRafTer posted:

Here's something I totally forgot about :

Remember when Chuck Palumbo won the WCW title?

I completely forgot about this, on the 8-21-00 Nitro he had a match with Booker where he got a crooked pin in a title match. The Cat declared the match invalid, but Booker wouldn't take the belt back so The Cat restarted the match. Chuck Palumbo, sort of kind of not really WCW Champion.

We found it. The missing link. A worse champion than David Arquette yet not as bad as Vince Russo.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I love the random computer typing. Beep beep boop enhance.

Here's how you beat Lex Luger. :haw:

Also those black bar charts should have been turned into a Black Flag parody shirt.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I dunno guys, the racist Rap is Crap guys being fan faces over Master P is kind of hilarious.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

A movie wherein a dude shits his pants. We've reached forums singularity, folks.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Bigass Moth posted:

They wanted to test the crowd reaction the WCW product and the best top guys they could get were Booker T and Bagwell. Bagwell's name got a huge pop when Vince was doing a promo a week or two prior so he thought he must be a big star. A better idea would have been Booker vs. Lance Storm, or ideally no WCW match at all since they were going to be used as an invading force anyway and should have been a united team.

They weren't set to be an invading force at that point. Vince wanted to push a WCW TV show but the name was so poisoned that he couldn't find TV for it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Isn't the theater at MSG a stage? A ring up on a stage is a weird setup for a wrestling show.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm going rafting today and wish I could show my allegiance to Hulkamania. :(

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Shawn Michaels.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Their MST3K-esque commentary is way better than Colt's 5$ Wrestling and I wish they'd do more.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

pathetic little tramp posted:

Big Bossman Feud Line:

(H) v. Hogan / Savage ---->
(H) w/ Akeem (as Twin Towers) v. Hogan & Savage (as Mega Powers)* ---->
(H) w/Akeem (as Twin Towers) v. Demolition && (H) v. Hogan --TURN**-->
(F) v. Akeem------>
(F) v. Heenan Family --->
(F) v. Nailz*** --LEAVES FOR WCW--->
(H or F or T or X) v. some people maybe

*Ended when Savage turned heel
**Bossman turned face refusing to take payoff from Ted Dibiase + own manager Slick to steal million dollar belt from Jake Roberts
***Ended when Bossman beat Nailz at survivor series and guy playing Nailz turned out to be a dick and got fired.

Isn't The Mountie in there somewhere?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm interested in experimenting with a podcast about WCW. Figured I'd throw out an interest check in here for people who have been watching a whole lot of it. PM me or whatever.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRafTer posted:

No one watches WCW, it's dead.

Correction: I'm interested in speaking with the people who masturbate to its dead corpse every Tuesday.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Benne posted:

Welp, he sold me. I'm ready to embrace our next President, Big Sexy Kevin Nash

Depeche Mode Fan Kevin Nash has better opinions on social issues than any GOP candidate.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

If you haven't already, check out the game Hypnospace Outlaw. It captures the vibe of Geocities era internet so loving good.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Anyone else watching reliving the war on youtube? They just hit THE georgia dome nitro and it’s some great nostalgia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Fuji peaked with Demolition imo but still had some gas with the Powers of Pain. By Yoko they had to pair him with Corny and he was just around for the salt in the eyes spot.

He took a good Demolition Decapitation at WM5 or 6 tho.