Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Thinking about career killer gimmicks, has there ever been someone who was booked to retire a guy who has never come back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

EugeneJ posted:

I've read this like 10 times and I'm still not sure what you're asking.

Ok let me clarify. I'm just wondering is anyone with this particular gimmick has actually retired another wrestler be it from injury or booking.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Why on earth did Tank try to shave that man's beard on Nitro?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

If you need more indys to watch the YouTube channel TommyNerosTCW is the place I used to work for. They aren't super great by any means but it's wrasslin.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah, uh, apartment wrestling is a heck of a rabbit hole I've never heard of.

Once, very early on during my wrestling days I was contacted by a guy on AIM who wanted to wrestle me in a hotel room cleared of furniture in only a pair of tighty whiteys. I politely declined but he was very insistent. I told the promoter about it and he asked around and the advise I got was "Don't go, unless you really need the cash and are good at grappling"

I guess the guy had, in the past trapped dudes in hotel room and would stretch the poo poo out them.

its apartment wrestling adjacent.

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 6, 2019

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

coconono posted:

I think it was AJPW or NJPW that had Tiger Mask jump off the dome into some crash pads. Like 15 seconds of free fall. It was nuts.

Wait what? Like the Shane McMahon bump off the side of the Tron but crazier?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Meng with pizza and fan

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Can we help this guy find this shirt?

https://twitter.com/EverythingABong/status/1292859288654876680?s=19

He smoked weed out a fleshlight and is p cool

https://twitter.com/EverythingABong/status/1291601537706405893?s=19

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Better Than You posted:

If I could go back in time I'd go to a wrestling school right after graduating high school

Thats what I did!

Grandma gave me $1000 dollars when i graduated and I gave that to carnies in $100 increments for like 9 weeks.

I was 18, weighed like 110 pounds and a was a lithe hairless wonder. I could run circles around all the big guys but when it came to taking bumps and running ropes I had no extra padding and got turned into a human bruise.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Hedgehog Pie posted:

He's a boy, and they're men. And they just love to play with little boys.

WCW is where the big boys play

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I remember seeing some video of a guy who didn't know anything about wrestling going behind the scenes at the Power Plant. He was talking to Parker about wrestling then started asking questions about his storylines work and how they coordinate in the ring or whatever, and Parker just has a deer in headlights look. Felt like no one told him what the interview was about and he was struggling to find a way to answer without breaking kayfabe.

Or maybe he just can't interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWg_gaFx-lg

I think its Weird Weekends

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

stab posted:

I know a wrestler who was the worst at washing gear, so they ended up getting popular enough that they constantly had new gear made and would change when it started to smell

Like that rapper who would buy underwear to wear once

I never ever washed my gear once. Granted I did wrestle in Dickies shorts and a cut up orange shirt. You could feel the mood in the room change when I brought out my knee and elbow pads, they stunk the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

The Saviour posted:

Lets see, Gypsy Joe, Mass Transit, and Vic Grimes. Who is number 4?

"I wanna give a special shout to my man OJ Simpson is all time"

Would New Jack attempt to mirder Frog? I think they would be chill.

In Beyond The Mat he says he has 4 justifiable homicides from when he was a bounty hunter. I really wish he would have gotten some movie roles.