Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
This is a simple thread for people who want to offer their services as developers and people who need the services of developers. I'll try to keep the OP updated and organize people into groups. SA-Mart isn't really the best place to find programmers but I think a thread in CoC would get a decent amount of traffic.

Here is a template

Languages: Python, Ruby, PHP, Obj-C, C# etc.
Frameworks: Rails, Django, Expression Engine etc.
Things you like to do: Web applications, iPhone Apps, Games
Availability: Can you work a couple hours a day? Full time?

I'd prefer people didn't mention rates or budgets in this thread. Let's try to keep this for contact purposes only. If you want to link to a post in SA-Mart where you are looking for work to be done with a specific budget in mind that is fine. I just think we should keep money talk out of this specific thread.

I'm also contemplating setting up an IRC channel specifically for web development. Anyone interested?

Edit: I'm closing this thread for a bit until people can stop making GBS threads it up. PM/IM me if you want it opened to post for real.

Ned fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!
As someone who is always working on various web projects, and has very limited programming experience, this thread would be an invaluable resource for me to get in touch with and hopefully hire some good goon developers.

I'm actually interested in hiring a good database developer / web designer right away.

I look forward to getting in touch with some of you guys.

Thanks Ned!

Treytor fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 28, 2009

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

Treytor posted:

As someone who is always working on various web projects, and has very limited programming experience, this thread would be an invaluable resource for me to get in touch with and hopefully hire some good goon developers.

I'm actually interested in hiring a good database developer / web designer right away.

I look forward to getting in touch with some of you guys.

Thanks Ned!

Quoting you specifically because I'm available to work right away, but I'd love to hear from anyone who's interested.

Languages: PHP (and MySQL), Java, Python, Obj-C
Frameworks: Django, CodeIgniter, Cocoa/Cocoa Touch if you want to call that a framework
Things you like to do: Web apps, iPhone apps, desktop apps, anything really
Availability: I'm on winter break right now, so full-time until late January. A few hours a day after that.

Anveo
Mar 23, 2002
Languages: Ruby, PHP, Python
Frameworks: Rails, Symfony
Things you like to do: Fun web apps, helping people scale, sometimes unfun web apps, sysadmin
Availability: I do this stuff full time for myself, see domain in email

Would love to work with fellow goons on wacky and crazy web app ideas. There is almost no one in my city that is a respectable web developer.

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums
Going to copy and paste from my CV as there's no point duplicating.

Skills: Extensive knowledge and experience working within a LAMP environment, involving confguration and setup of the Apache HTTP Server, Gentoo, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and Debian systems; advanced knowledge of PHP; experience working with databases such as MySQL; extensive knowledge of Adobe® Photoshop® CS4; fair knowledge of Adobe® InDesign® CS4; knowledge of other languages/frameworks such as HTML, CSS3.0; XML, XHTML, Visual Basic, JSON, Regular Expressions and JQuery. I have experience using virtualisation software such as VM-ware Workstation, VirtualBox, and Microsoft® Virtual PC. I have basic knowledge of frameworks such as Django and languages such as Python, C, C++, Javascript and Bash.
I also developed familiarity with software such as Asterisk, Postfx and Typo3.

2ish years of fulltime "working for people" webdev experience, and like 7 years of doing paid work here and there and my own stuff.

Availability: Totally.

Rat Supremacy fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 29, 2009

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

edit: I have a new job as of 10/13/2011 as a senior architect, yay me.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 3, 2016

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns
Languages: Python, HTML, Javascript, PHP
Frameworks: Django, jQuery
Things you like to do: Web applications, Django, any kind of coding
Things you hate to do: Any kind of marketing
Availability: Full time starting the 11th of January

I have a lot of open source project's I've worked on so if you need to see code samples I can send some your way.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Languages: PHP, SQL, Javascript, some C, some C++, learning Python, and all the other web stuff (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Frameworks: Most PHP, jQuery (I've written my own framework - http://leftnode.com/artisan-system)
Other Skills: Linux server administration (everyday shell scripting), TDD, Wordpress, Drupal, ExpressionEngine, eCommerce (most major software)
Things you like to do: Just about any coding
Things you hate to do: Nitpicky graphic design, or rather, I'm a more talented developer than designer
Availability: Immediately

I have a bunch of open source stuff, my GitHub account is https://github.com/leftnode and I can provide links to tons of websites I've worked on.

adam jay harris
Jul 15, 2003

Languages: PERL, PHP, SQL, .NET, shell scripting, QuickBooks SDK, other SDKs, quick to learn others
Things you like to do: Working hard (seriously I need to work or else I feel a utter lack of satisfaction in life it's quite an issue), integrating several systems to work together, working with databases,
Skills: Windows AD admin, Linux Admin, People skills, others
Availability: Full time availability (working full time as a dev but entertaining offers for jobs or projects)

adamjayh @ gmail.com
-PM me!

{Ned posted:

I'm also contemplating setting up an IRC channel specifically for web development. Anyone interested?

For sure.}

[I also agree]

adam jay harris fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 31, 2009

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

edit: Not anymore.

duck monster fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 31, 2010

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Languages: Some SQL, Javascript, HTML/CSS, C#, some C/Java
Frameworks: .NET, some Ruby on Rails
Other Skills: SEO consulting, CMS work (architecture of content, taxonomies, etc), worked with decision engines and recommendation engines.
Things you like to do: Web work. SEO stuff. Learning new languages.
Things you hate to do: Stuff where you don't quite know what you want but it's gotta look "sexy" and "hip".
Availability: Any time, but only a few hours a day (more on weekends). I work full time as a technology researcher.

Typh
Apr 18, 2003

LAY EGG IS TRUE!!!
Languages: Python, Javascript, VB .NET
Things you like to do: Web applications, taming CSS, custom CMS work
Availability: Full time

Ned posted:

For sure.

Typh fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 4, 2010

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Languages: C, C++, C# (3.5+ preferred), PHP, Python, SQL
Frameworks: Win32 API, Qt (C++ and Python), Windows Forms, ASP.NET (including MVC), OpenGL, SDL
Other skills: Lots of sysadmin on four major platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris, OS X)
Things you like to do: Anything targeted at Win32 or Unix-like systems or web apps.
Things you don't like to do: Java
Things you have no idea about : iPhone/OS X development
Availability: Contact with project description for details.
Contact: This thread, PM, email: niteice at brownieinmotion dot net.

Quebec Bagnet fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 5, 2011

tripwire
Nov 19, 2004

ghost flow
Languages: Java, C, Python, some minor experience with perl
Things you like to do: Automation/scripting, Data Visualization, Web apps, Graphics Programming

tripwire fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 10, 2010

1979 Semifinalist
Jun 12, 2005

1979? So divine.

nbv4 posted:

Languages: Python, HTML, Javascript, PHP
Things you like to do: Web applications, Django, any kind of coding
Things you hate to do: Any kind of marketing
Availability: Full time starting the 11th of January

I have a lot of open source project's I've worked on so if you need to see code samples I can send some your way.

Yo, my New York-based company is hiring. I'll email you.

GroceryBagHead
Nov 28, 2000

Languages: Ruby
Frameworks: Rails
Things I like to do: Web apps that don't try to be a next Facebook/Myspace/Whatever killer. So, so very tired of those.
Availability: I am only available on nights and weekends.

While I know PHP, Java, C, last 4 years I'm working predominantly with Rails. Launched dozens of projects anywhere from small CMS-based ones to massive high-traffic ones on clustered servers. I can do everything: planning, design, coding(frontend/backend) and deploying.

I'd be interested in helping out as long as the project itself is interesting.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Languages: C/C++/C#, .Net, Java, JavaScript, SQL, HTML/XHTML/XML/WhateverML, PHP, ASP
Frameworks & Environments: Most PHP, jQuery, Rails, Windows, Linux
Things you like to do: Web applications, Games, Websites, Server Admin, Graphic design
Experience: Many large projects, 7 years

sliceoftoast
Jul 23, 2003
And now... unleash the corpse!!
Languages: C#/ASP.NET, PHP, MSSQL, MySQL, C++
Frameworks: .NET Platform, Cake PHP, jQuery, scriptaculous, and my own frameworks
Things you like to do: Web applications, database development, high-load development
Availability: Available for contract work immediately
Contact: acabal encircled-a ucla punctuation edu -OR- PM me!

I've been a software developer for about 10 years now. In the past I've worked at companies like HP, Xerox, Break Media (break.com), and UCLA building web apps designed for very high-load environments. Most of these positions were in a .NET/MSSQL environment. The past few years have had me working contracts on things as diverse as complex financial analysis packages to scientific surveying applications for a variety of clients.

Right now much of my time is spent working on Scribophile, a site I designed, developed, and now manage on my own. Scribophile is PHP/MySQL using my own very simple templating framework.

I've done it all, from planning to implementation to support to system administration. You name a part of web app development, I've done it.

I'm available for contract work immediately. Drop me a line and I'll see how I can help you out!

sliceoftoast fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 5, 2010

king_kilr
May 25, 2007
Languages: Python, Javascript, C/C++
Things you like to do: Web applications, scalability, compilers (no serious experience with these, just a toy one I'm writing for fun)
Availability: A few hours a day

I'm not looking for general work (I already have a part time position, in addition to school), I am however looking for work doing contract modifications to Django. I have extensive experience contributing and modifying Django. Including (but not limited to): the ORM (I did multiple database support), the admin (list_editable, readonly_fields), forms, and other components. I offer discounts if you're willing to open source the modifications. I realize this probably isn't applicable to most shops, but if you need it :)

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Languages: Delphi, C#, VB.Net, T-SQL
Frameworks: .Net, WinAPI
Things you like to do: Database (SQL Server/ADO) Design/Maintenance, Web Services, User-Interface, Database Reporting, Consumer Software, etc.
Availability: I work from home so whenever really...

I work from home full-time for a corporation. I do "Application Development" for our company on the eastern side of the United States, from Maine down to Florida. Most of my projects include Web Services, Accounting, Database Design, and Data Entry/Reporting software projects similar to Softpro, etc. in Real Estate transactions.

I know Delphi, but primarily use it to support Legacy applications for my company and to maintain a program I wrote called PALS which is a Win32 Application driven through an ADO Database that handles data entry/reporting for insurance policies.

I use C# for Web Services primarily.

I use VB.Net currently for user applications.

I know enough HTML, etc. to utilize it on simple pages but I am not a designer. I am very right-brained.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
Languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP
Frameworks: Rails, Sinatra, HTML::Mason, CakePHP, jQuery, ExtJS, and more!
Dislikes: Shopping carts, startups, real estate
Availability: Projects only, no hourly commitments

I work full time as an open source web application developer and system administrator in higher education. I am interested in custom application development for schools, nonprofits, and small businesses, especially those working in research, education, or the arts. I can also help you implement open source single signon for web applications and UNIX systems.

Jackie
Jun 18, 2004
<3
Languages: PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, HTML, CSS
Frameworks: PHP: CodeIgniter, Kohana; JS: jQuery
Things you like to do: front-end web development, and back-end development for smaller websites/webapps
Availability: part-time, freelance basis
Contact: jackiebalzer at gmail dot com, or via PM right here on these lovely forums

I'm a full time web developer doing PHP/MySQL and front-end stuff but I love coding even outside of my day job so I'm available to take on freelance projects. I'm especially good at (and enjoy) front end development. I love design even though I'm not a designer myself, and I do a lot of PSD-to-CSS work down to the pixel. I also do a lot of work with my boyfriend, who IS a graphic designer (and very talented) so together we are available for full design and development projects. His website is at https://www.brianmcallister.com for those interested!

Jackie fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 8, 2010

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

I'm currently looking for a designer who is good with Joomla themes. I am having a hell of a time and willing to pay for some help.

AIM: Treytor

treytor at gmail.com

Thanks!

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Languages: PHP, MySQL, Python, Javascript, C#, Silverlight, Java
Frameworks: .Net, Django(Basic), jQuery(Basic)
Things you like to do: Any sort of web application
Availability: I'm still attending college full time; however, I'd like to get involved with some contractual work. I will have time outside of classes/social time that I'd like to spend working on web development.
Contact: AIM: doh004 MSN: doh004@gmail.com Email: doh004@gmail.com or PM me!

I've been doing website development for six years now. I'm a very fast learner and would love to get even more work done under my belt. If you'd like I could provide my resume.

*edit* Forgot to add Java

Doh004 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 9, 2010

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Doh004 posted:

Poor poor RPI student

free bowl of soup
Jan 14, 2004

Jackie posted:

His website is at https://www.brianmcallister.com for those interested!
This is me fyi. If any of you developers need a designer, I'm very available for freelance work.

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

free bowl of soup posted:

This is me fyi. If any of you developers need a designer, I'm very available for freelance work.

I just sent Jackie a PM. I may need your services.

NotShadowStar
Sep 20, 2000
Languages: Ruby, Perl, PHP, Obj-C, MySQL,
Frameworks: Rails, Bio*, Cocoa, CakePHP, jQuery
Things you like to do: Large scale data management and integration, dynamic information driven sites, small as needed utilities and frameworks
Availability: Freelance works

Jack Crosby
Feb 2, 2004

It's Fucking Nutritious
Languages: Mainly PHP, Javascript, MySQL, CSS, Flash. Occasional Ruby, Python, bash...
Frameworks: CodeIgniter, Kohana, DooPHP. Major JS frameworks (jQuery preferable). Common stuff like Wordpress, Drupal, etc.
Things you like to do: Web applications, mobile web, server/apache install/configs. Full stack CMS work.
Availability: Full time, any time. Business link below.
Link: https://kiloproductions.net

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Inverse Icarus posted:

Poor poor RPI student

It's quite depressing. :saddowns:

king_kilr
May 25, 2007

Doh004 posted:

It's quite depressing. :saddowns:

:hfive:

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Ugh 'tute screw :(

shrughes
Oct 11, 2008

(call/cc call/cc)
You should have an RPI Coccer meetup.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Someone tried to put together a goonmeet at the stairs in Low where that kid jumped a couple years ago

wil
Mar 2, 2009
Languages: PHP, JavaScript, C#, ASP.NET
Frameworks: Cakephp, Codeignitor, jQuery, ASP.NET MVC
Things you like to do: Web Apps, Custom CMS, E-Commerce
Things you don't like to do:
Things you have no idea about : iPhone development
Availability: Freelance

Current projects are various intranet and internet websites with PHP + MySQL, ASP.NET MVC

nolen
Apr 4, 2004

butts.
Location: Phoenix, AZ. Willing to relocate for anything super-serious and telecommuting is okay as well.
Languages: Obj-C, actionScript, javascript, C#
Frameworks: Flash: PV3D, Flex, Box2D Other: jQuery, Cocoa, cocos2D, ASP.net
Other skills: Drawing sharks.
Things you like to do: Casual browser-based games and standalone apps (iPhone included)
Things you don't like to do: database management/manipulation
Availability: I have a 9-5 creating educational games for a major college, but I'm usually free evenings.
Most recent project: http://www.kongregate.com/games/sharksharkshark/the-ground-is-lava

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I currently do web application programming, web development with the Drupal content management system, and small business IT support.

Location: South Florida. I am only interested in working remotely (unless you have a job closer than I am now to a nice beach.)
Languages: PHP, Javascript, SQL.
Experience: I started in the early days of the web and have been designing web applications on various platforms since the mid 90s.
Frameworks: Codeigniter, ExtJS.
Content Management Systems: Drupal
Things you like to do: I am only interested in additional work if it involves the Ext JS framework, Sencha Touch, or Drupal. I have an Ext License.
Availability: flexible.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 8, 2010

joojoo2915
Jun 3, 2006
I help run a custom software business. We are doing contract coding while we work on our larger project so we're up for pretty much anything.

Languages: Java, Objective-C, C++, C#, Assembly, PHP, JavaScript, Python, Perl, VB
Frameworks: ASP.net, jQuery, Ruby on Rails, Django
Other skills: MySQL, MSSQL databases
Things you like to do: Everything!
Things you don't like to do: We don't have a graphic designer on staff so nothing too graphics heavy.
Availability: Full-time.
Contact: info@digitalenginesoftware.com // http://www.digitalenginesoftware.com

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for freelance web development, including layout and applications.

Languages: PHP, JavaScript, SQL, CSS, HTML, etc
Frameworks: Symfony, jQuery
Things you like to do: Web applications
Availability: 20 hours per week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hydo
Nov 23, 2002

I'm gay for Lipton Brisk Iced Tea
Languages: Haskell, Erlang
Frameworks: Happstack, Hack, Mochiweb, YAWS
Other Awesome Stuff: MongoDB, CouchDB, Tokyo[Cabinet|Tyrant], RabbitMQ, XMPP, Beanstalk
Things you like to do: Backend web application design and implementation, connecting messaging queues, concurrent job optimization, or just about anything having to do with web applications that isn't ui/design.
Availability: Doing my own thing these days which means I'm available a variable amount of time per week. I will work cheap for the right projects to see functional programming in any form get used more out in the 'real world'. I sure sound like a fanboy.

Yes, yes, I'm going to update that drat twitter client on my github page with some better code. That poo poo is very 'first project in haskell'.

hydo fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jun 6, 2010

• Locked thread