Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

Andrigaar posted:

Is the outer 1/4"-1/2" functional or still wobbly? That's why I sold mine off and opted to pay a used car's fee for a 21UX... that Amazon is still sitting on the order for for obvious reasons :sigh:

I'd like to know this as well. I've been using the same Bamboo for almost three years now, and while I love it, I'm at the point where I could use something better. I COULD drop $2000 on a 21UX if the 12WX is still making GBS threads the bed performance-wise, but I really don't need the extra $1000 screen space for what I draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

MY ABACUS! posted:

If anyone is curious about the digital art capabilities of the ep121, this guy put up a few videos comparing it to a cintiq, and one showing the indoor/outdoor display brightness. It looks like it won't disappoint.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Illztothathrillz#p/a/u/0/EeUq3rFfnxg

I was pretty surprised at how the ep121 stacked up against the Cintiq. The screen looks much better, but I think I'm still going to end up dropping a fat load of cash on the Cintiq instead. The response lag didn't look too appealing on the ep121 once he had a lot of stuff going on at the same time.

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

Andrigaar posted:

Honestly, I think Wacom support will ask me "Seriously? Seriously? Seriously?..." until I hang up. It took me a week short of two months to get this one--1.5 months earlier than estimates--and the only Google search for their policy I can find is a European who got denied for 7 dead/stuck pixels (1 or 2 dead, rest stuck) until a community rep on the forums resubmitted the case for consideration.

Also, they're hardly in places I give a poo poo about, I'm just sort of upsent I spent TOO MANY DOLLARS and have dead pixels.

For reference, here's where they are in Win7:
-Maximize windows explorer and look at the ?-button in the upper-right. It's not on the question mark, but on the left side of the question mark hugging it.
-Click your start menu, it's a few pixels to the left and down from the "A" in "All Programs".

I just ordered a 21UX and you're scaring the poo poo out of me. But at least they're all on the outside of the screen - imagine how much it would suck to have one or two right in the center.

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

CannedMacabre posted:

If I were a professional artist, I would definitely want to have a larger, more sensitive tablet at my disposal. The new series of Bamboo is good enough for me though. If you're reading this thread and looking for a tablet under $120, then the only answer is to get the Bamboo. Low end Wacom is still a Wacom.

I can vouch for this. I had a Bamboo for 3 years and it never failed me. Although, one thing I found to really help with drawing on it is to throw a piece of paper between the tablet and the pen - it makes the drawing surface a little less smooth, and I found it really helps with getting your lines right the first time.

It also prevents the surface from getting worn out too fast. Mine is scratched all to hell from use. The nib of the pen sort of wears out on one side over time and it starts to sharpen the tip.