Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
My first tablet was an old Graphire with a serial port that I got in 1998. After a couple years I decided to upgrade, and I've been using the 6x8 Intuos2 for a decade now. It's been a real workhorse. The thing is still in perfect working condition, and even with fairly regular use over a period of 10 years, I've only had to change the nib once. I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading at this point though.

Are the features of the Intuos3 stunning enough to be worth it, or should I hold out for the Intuos5 whenever they decide to release a new version? I use it extensively for painting and drawing. The thing is, I'm so used to the Intuos2, and its done all I've required for so long, that I have no idea what I could be missing out on.

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
I think the only thing that I would want to see an improvement on is better pressure sensitivity and response time. The extra functions I can easily do without. Still, I've read here about the Intuos4 eating up nibs, so I was specifically leaving out that one as an upgrade consideration. I use my tablet enough that lasting power is an important aspect, and the Intuos2 has performed spectacularly in that regard.