Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Considering to buy first tablet and there's constant stream of used Wacom tablet on sale, is there something that would wear out of on them? Nibs I guess, but the tablet itself.

Also there's often some previouse model Intuos tablets that look unused. Would they be something to consider? Looked that there was multiple different Intous models and the sellers often doesn't seem to know what they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

the_lion posted:

It really depends on how well they've been treated and how much they've been used. Some people the cable wears out if they plug it in a lot but the nibs are dependant on whether you push really hard or use a cover.

On my huion, I only have changed the nib probably twice in the 5-6 years I've owned it.

I'd probably go a newer tablet than the old ones, just in terms of drivers you know it'll last longer.

Lots of them look barely used, they often say that they haven been used for couple of hours.

Been thinking that they probably have the same deal that music instruments have, people buy them to be rockstars, but notice after couple hours that playing it's harder than they thought.

Looks like they all have micro-usb ports, somehow thought that the non bluetooth ones had fixed wire. Don't know why, of course it's cheaper for them to make them all same.
Micro-usb's tend to break usually the male part, thankfully.

Now I'm just rambling, thanks for the tips.