Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verkleidett
Mar 5, 2011
I'm working on financing for a Wacom Cintiq 21ux tablet. However, my roommate asked me if they had any similar model/make of display tablets of the same type. Which got me wondering, is there another brand that makes a similar model as the Cintiq?

Basically what I'm asking if anyone knows if there is another brand to choose from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verkleidett
Mar 5, 2011

neonnoodle posted:

Yes and no. Wacom's got everyone by the short hairs, basically. Non-Wacom tablets have plenty of problems even without the added complexity of a display. Even if a competing product showed up on the market, I wouldn't trust it too much until 10-15 years of proven reliability and performance.

For a while I used a 15-inch off-brand tablet screen which I bought for about $350. It was only 1024x768 and it worked OK, but the problem was that eventually the stylus stopped working, and the company that made it had changed names and incarnations so many times that there was no support whatsoever.

All that said, here is another product from the company-which-used-to-be-the-company-which-used-to-be-the-company that made my old one:

http://www.triumphboard.net/en/products/presentation-products/interactive-tablets/tb-19-lcd-tablet-monitor/

Holy poo poo, just from looking at that I think I'll stick with Wacom...just to be safe. :ohdear: