Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

Anybody an expert with SP2, or any other Win10 EMR tablets?

Have a weird issue after the anniversary update. Seems like palm rejection has gone wonky.

When I'm in an art program, and both the pen and my palm are onscreen a straight line shoots out from the pen towards my palm.
Wasn't having the issue before updating, and it's driving me nuts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

Battle Pigeon posted:

I'm glad there's a screen protector on my Intuos because the pen just straight up sliced a permanent cut into it a few times. Had and used it for almost a year now and never changed the nib or noticed any wear on it, but now and then it just cuts a deep gouge into the protector.

I usually place a light piece of cardstock on the drawing section of the intuos, if I'm using it.

Digitizer works just the same, plus tablet is protected, plus, you get a bit of tooth out of the paper.

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

anothergod posted:

I got a $409 Surface Pro 2 (the last one with Wacom technology) from a Groupon deal. i5-4300U + 8GB RAM + 256GB Evo840 PCIe. I'm having a hell of a time getting it to work properly with Krita. I installed the Wacom Feel drivers, but for some reason I can't install the newest Intel Drivers.

It works just fine with SketchBook Pro's demo, but it's hard to justify SBP... I might get Manga Studio.

Manga Studio 5 (clip paint studio) is a dream on SP2.

Had a devil trying to ge stylus to work right in Photoshop, but eventually, they patched manga studio so much that it's almost as robust, so gave up on Photoshop altogether.

Autodesk stuff works great, as does any stuff that users Microsoft's API (One Note, Nebo).

Let me know if you have any manga studio questions, or figure out any good tricks

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

Anybody got a handy list of EMR penabled styluses?
My old bookmarks just go to broken links now.