Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR
I found a stash of Intuos3 A5 widescreen tablets at Adorama. They're refurbs from middle of last year and as close as you'll get to a brand new Intuos3. $225 with cheap shipping.drat, all gone. Hope whoever got them enjoys them. Been playing with mine for a few days now and am absolutely loving it.

Just wish I could find an Intuos4 pen stand. Having that neat little nib holder would be sweet.

Tesla Was Robbed fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

LittleFish posted:

Intuos 3 v. 4

Good poo poo
Wow, the way you describe the 4 makes me think that it will hold me at night when the scary people come. Too bad it eats nibs like skittles. The nice part is that my 3 will last me until the 5 comes out with 2^14 levels of sensitivity and a 3-like drawing surface.

Do the OLEDs have that whine talked about earlier? And is Sketchpad better or would I be better served with Painter 11?

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

sigma 6 posted:

No trade-in program that I know of.
A 9mm is way cheaper than a 21UX. Plus, 9mm when you're done.

I've had my Intuos3 now for a few months and still love it. Most of the time it gets used in PS for touch-up duty, but I've been spending some free time with Painter and learning how to do that. I also picked up Crayon Physics Deluxe and that game is awesome with a tablet. The only thing I'm still on the fence about is that fancy 6d pen and a desire to have the Intuos4 pen holder. I might pick them up anyway (thx taxes!)

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Quantify! posted:

I can't think in 3D, what does the lack of z axis rotation MEAN?
There's no easy way to have the new Cintiq in portrait mode or in any rotational position besides landscape. I saw the demo on Engadget yesterday and was wondering how to get one of my kidneys to the black market for this, but was confused that they didn't put the thing on a nice mountable arm. I know it's heavy, but it's not out of the realm of possibility to have the thing on an arm w/ 3 axes of movement and 1 of rotation. Maybe I should just make one of those arms and sell it.

Tesla Was Robbed fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 14, 2011

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Interstitial Abs posted:

Would a 4 x 6 Wacom Intuos just drive me crazy? Does anyone like working with the small?

Friend has one through his work used for $70... I'm wondering if I should hold off and buy a bigger one.

From my experience, 4x6 is fine if you are a strict-wrister. If you are a grand sweeper, larges are cool. But most people do best with the mediums. Personally, I settled down with the 6x11 Intuos3 after I found a great deal on a refurb. Bought a 6d pen, extra nibs and an Intuos4 pen stand to go with it.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Pimpmust posted:

I'm still not sure if they call Intuos Pro "5" or just Intuos Pro, but it seems like the latter.

Will the next gen be Intuos Pro 2 if that's the case?

Inthreeos Pro phi.

I picked up an Asus EEE note a little bit ago. It's a really nice idea that never got the love and versioning it really needed. One of the cool things is that it doubles as a digitizer on Windows machines. It's the older bastard cousin of the Wacom Companion Hybrid. My only real complaint is that I haven't found a way to adjust the pressure curve to suit my style.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Kortel posted:

Can the Surface utilize other wacom pens and does it have the pressure sensitive drivers? Is the color as accurate as the Companion? Definately think the Companion wins at least on screen size.

The companion also wins on tilt if I remember correctly. But the surface pro 2 wins on usage and money

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR
How well do the Lenovo tablets (x220, etc.) hold up compared to the Asus and Surface Pros? Seems like it would be a good fit for those on a budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

kefkafloyd posted:

My boss bought me a 6x11 3 in 2007 and I still use it at work regularly. Didn't know it would be such a rarity.

I still hook mine up to my surface pro every once in a while. For me, it will always be the gold standard. I have abused it, replaced pens and parts, let my kids use it, and it still just works every timeish (getting it set up just right and removing driver interference sometimes is a bitch, but w/e).