Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Space-Bird posted:

For whatever reason the Intuos 4 sizes are buried under Small Medium and Large

Medium is 48.5 square inches
Large is 102.5 square inches

Why they don't give proper dimensions is beyond me

They do? Theres a picture just under the description, Intuos4 - Large

I'm wondering about all this 3 vs 4 talk, I want to get one, but I dont see why the 4's would be any worse, people are swearing by their intuos 1, 2 and 3s, why would the 4's be any lesser quality given the track record? Or is it just price?

(edited out surprise info, seems she's signing up for an account)

RizieN fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 4, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Anyone use the Intuos 4 and bamboo? I got my wife an Intuos 4 large last year and I love it, but she's getting sick of me hogging it and taking it to the office, so I was thinking about getting a cheap bamboo to keep at my office.

I'm wondering how much difference you can actually tell in the pressure sensitivity between the two.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Ah, I figured it would be. Bummer, guess I'll just have to save up for a bit.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Raenir Salazar posted:

wobbles and jitters

In illustrator, and probably others, you can adjust the Fidelity and Smoothness on your brush tool. So if you wobble and jitter it'll work out those kinks for you. I do believe you're gonna give up some accuracy for it, but the lines will look good.

In illustrator just double click the brush tool to bring up the options.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Watchlar posted:

Thank you! Sent this along to every Wacom user in my class since a lot of people have been pondering this exact thing.

I'm actually going to do just the opposite...I need to set the threshold for very light strokes to be greater, so many times I want a nice thin stroke but I get thick rear end circle strokes and poo poo...

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Anyone want a Bamboo MTE-450 , I just got one off SA mart and its not what I need, especially after using an Intuos 4 at home for so long.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Personally I say gently caress the 4K and get the cintiq. I saw plenty of 4K at CES, and we have some 4K security cameras that we've been testing, and 4K is kind of stupid right now. Yea it looks good as gently caress from a proper distance, but when there's a shitload of action on screen it doesn't look so good (notice all 4K demos are slow-mo of nature & animals?), apparently you need a better processor to handle lots of changing frames (which is why people buy the 3D 4K TVs even if they don't want 3D). I'd give it time to get better and maybe generate some real content. Unless you have a legitimate need for 4K I'd totally get the Cintiq. But I've never had a cintiq and I'm so anxious waiting for the Companion 2...

Also at CES I saw that cintiq monitor, and it's loving gorgeous. I hate to tell someone to do something just because it's what I would do(and I have no need or desire for 4K)... but that's what I would do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
In that case I've no advice, sorry!