Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Does anyone run an intuos4 with windows 7? I just picked up a medium 4, and every so often after turning off and on my machine, the tablet won't boot up. I can't even access the properties of the tablet, like the data stopped existing. The first time this happened I uninstalled/reinstalled the tablet stuff but I'd like to avoid doing that every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I went to install the corel painter you get with purchase of an intuos4, and it asks me for a serial number. Am I supposed to have this somewhere?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So I've been looking at getting a new "starter" tablet to see if I'd like to get back into drawing. I've seen a couple on Amazon that are under 100 (even 30?). I'm looking for something in that price range but have no idea what is cheap and what is inexpensive.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm seeing a lot of options from Huion. They have an H420 for $30, H430p for $35, the H610p for $50 as well as the H640p for $50. Unless there's something ridiculously good about the smaller tablets, would you still suggest the 610 or go for the 640?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I kind of figured difference would be minimal,and portability isn't a huge factor for me. Thanks for the help!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Haha oh sorry, I meant the difference between the 610 and 640.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So if I've already got a 6th gen iPad and wanted to get into drawing with a display, would it be best to just grab an apple pencil and procreate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

TVGM posted:

2nd gen pencil only works with 3rd and 4th gen iPad Pros iirc

Ah that sucks, wonder why it only works for those. So my options would be third party then?