Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Any advice on software or methods for color balancing a Huion Kamvas 22? I've adjusted hue and temp in the settings and can't get it consistent with my other monitor. It's possible my other monitor is way off but I doubt it, prints from my main monitor are pretty color-accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Hamelekim posted:

If there is a better thread to answer my software question please let me know. I'd like to start off on the right foot. It's pretty easy on the ipad because procreate is so good and widely used.

I'm just getting into digital art myself but you'll find that lots of options are good. What type of work do you want to do specifically? That might make it easier to identify what is most commonly used. For 2d illustration I hear about Affinity and Clip Studio Paint the most after Photoshop.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

So I don't know much about Corel, it seems more geared for imitating natural painting techniques but I also haven't seen comparisons on their brush engine vs. all the rest.

I am mostly interested in digital painting and comics style-line art and coloring, so I went with CSP because of the price and how many tutorials in that style exist, and there are plenty of free assets for it like there are for Photoshop. It also has a 30 day free trial.

It might be best for you if you find some intro videos that you plan to follow or someone who's process you want to imitate and has a free class or demo.

If you think you are missing out by not going with photoshop, you could always try the free trial for something else, and then switch to the $10/month Photoshop only license if you decide to do that.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

That's awesome to hear. I haven't used my 22" Kamvas much because the 1080p resolution feels so low. Fortunately it's just my second monitor the rest of the time so I don't feel like I'm wasting it, but if I really do practice more digital art I'd want to upgrade to a better screen eventually.