Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

v-unit
Apr 26, 2007
Someone in A/T suggested I cross-post this to this thread, so here it goes...

I'm interested in enrolling at RMC under the ROTP program.
From what it looks like on the website, it seems like I enroll in an undergrad program that leads to a specific stream/career path, but there aren't very many details on how exactly this works, and a bunch of links on the forces sites are dead. Would I be able to follow a medical officer stream straight through, or do I need to do an undergrad in some general program, apply for medical school, and reapply through the army program?

Has anyone here gone through the RMC or did everyone join the forces outside of that? What's life like as a RMC cadet? As a girl, will life be poo poo(tier) for me? How do vacations/holidays, summers, training, and pay work? What about if I decide part way into my program that it really isn't for me?

As far as my manditory service in exchange for education; where are Canadian troops being deployed? If I do manage to get into the medical stream, I'd like to specialize (probably in anaesthesiology, psychiatry or radiology), so I guess this tacks on a couple more years to my service, but does it effect where I get deployed?
What's life in the Canadian army like? Overseas or on home land base?

I am a little more interested in the second part of this post, because most of the enrollment stuff can probably be answered by the registrar/recruiters if I ever manage to get a hold of them, but I don't know anyone who has gone through the program or is in the army to ask them about what it's actually like to live on the campus as a cadet, or to be deployed overseas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU