Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
How terrible is it being a vehicle maintenance tech in the army? I'm almost finished my Apprenticeship, and I'm looking for a secure job. Is it something that would make me hate my life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
quick question:

how much would I hate life as a vehicle technician in the CF? I'm a german-trained mechanic with four years of experience at a Benz workshop, if that makes any difference.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
thanks for the help guys! I guess I've got a basic 50/50 split on this, is there anywhere I can find out more about life as a tech fixing poo poo everyone keeps breaking for less than stellar pay?

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

Samu posted:

I'll trade you your NC ex for my arctic-circle-in-february ex.

If anyone was planning on getting me a Christmas gift I'd like a 12 gauge shotgun and one shell. Thanks!

on that thought, my buddy is being sent on that same ex, anything I should get him that would make it easier for him? Cyanide tablet or something?

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

MA-Horus posted:

A flask.

That'd be be first on my list, if he wasn't a tee-totaler. maybe those handwarmers that you can boil to recharge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

Morristron posted:

There are these little peak stoves where the actual stove mechanism just folds up into a case you can comfortably put in your pocket. They have pressurized fuel canisters and you can probably find room for two or three of them in your ruck.

awesome! that, plus water wings and beef jerky or something should be pretty great, I think!