Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Spayed and Neutered perhaps..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

There was a guy who loved getting Class B's with Whiskey Battery in Borden, kept going back.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

You'd rather fight the ones who'd use IEDs, don't wear a uniform so they look no different than anyone else as soon as they toss away their weapon or blow you up at a checkpoint with their car or wearing a bomb, or just sending some dumb kid with a grenade as well as having been hardened by fighting already for over a year vs Russian poorly paid conscripts wearing a uniform who will at least likely follow most of the rules of war? Not to mention Ukrainian allies who know how to shoot vs the 'allies' in the Middle East who more than likely to shoot you in the back because they're actually IS/Taliban/whatever?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

I think only the special forces and a few others for consultation will be sent, maybe some aircraft and a ship. More or less (much, much less) like the US since they don't want boots on the ground but are using their special forces and air force for surgical strikes. The Kurdish and Arab allies are the ones going in on the ground.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Welp..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian-fighter-jets-intercept-russian-bombers-in-arctic-1.2772440

In the past it didn't mean much, just Russia being Russia. But they're really pushing it now.

Ps. Heard the guns at Fortissimo from where I was working. Good shooting. :)

Vadoc fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 20, 2014

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Refurbished Ross Rifles.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Anyone else hear about this? Some scumbag comes to the National War Memorial during the Remembrance Day Ceremony dressed up as a 'sergeant', and wearing the loving medal of bravery included.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/remembrance-day-sergeant-franck-gervais-not-in-the-military-dnd-says-1.2833025

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

I would want to beat him to within an inch of his life for just the medal alone. You do NOT loving wear that as a fake.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

It's just how I feel, don't let it keep you up at night unable to sleep worrying about feelings or someone being mean on the internet.

The police will do whatever it is they decide to do to him. He hasn't even lost his job, it's suspension with pay. He'll be back to work as soon as the media is bored and find something else to talk about so that there's no reporters hounding the worksite.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah..you definitely can't just leave it at that. And if it's someone I knew..

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Maybe they'll get some new people from reservists abandoning the Navy.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Lot of people retiring mostly.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/canadian-military-facing-shortfall-of-personnel

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

You forgot about the part where it gets cancelled, and then pay billions in cancellation costs.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Addman posted:

I understand the truths behind the article it just seems very politically slanted. I'm not in yet, but I find it hard to believe that article is not biased or exaggerated in some way. Wouldn't infantry in reg force (not during bmq) not shooting any bullets defeat the entire purpose of the trade? How would you even do zeroing with so few bullets?

It's happened before in the Dark Decade. No ammo for anything, the Arty guns were placed on blocks because they wouldn't or couldn't replace the wheels, if you were in Armoured you drove around in jeeps pretending to be a tank.

Sea Kings are still falling out of the sky with absolutely no replacements in sight.

Vadoc fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 22, 2015

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Where the hell do you even go that you can get cell reception on an Ex?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

I lived in Valcartier a few times, first time when I was just a small child of about 2, and the second for a time around '91-92. I still miss that Chester's Chicken place from that town nearby.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Nobody wants a 21 mortar salute. ;p

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

It won't be peacetime for long if Putin and ISIS have their way.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

You mean if Harper has his way.

Or we just all finally die in a Nuclear Holocaust from a Russian first strike.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Nothing terrifies someone on the driver wheel course more than someone who hasn't learned to drive a normal car yet.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

But we've got Poutine MRE's now!

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Are they any good? They just got MREs with tortillas and ravioli when I was leaving.

I don't know, I just heard about it on the radio a few days ago.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

ToeShoes posted:

Thanks for the ideas! I did end up finding my old name tag though, I'll keep that in mind if I need last minute name tags again.

It wouldn't hurt to get a few spares, just in case.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Of course they had to hit eBay, they already stripped the museums bare of working parts.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Mediocre for any of the branches won't cut it if any of the parties wants the country to be relevant on the world stage, but a promise from a politician during an election is worth it's weight in bullshit.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

The Liberals are still remembered for the Dark Decade, they're not much better, and absolutely none of the parties are saying anything about improving health care and education either.

Vote for the new government, same as the old.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Don't forget about how shoddy they'll be made and probably give rashes and cancer.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Apply more duct tape.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Scalloped Ham and Potatoes.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Don't join the one in Aylmer, it's being destroyed by people who only want it to be their private little watering hole (and these people aren't even military) and will eventually be shut down by poor management.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

$5000 in prizes you guys!

That's a lot of Timmies McDonald's coffee.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Build a giant platform, get everyone loaded drunk and piss on the flames.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Wikipedia is showing 15 at CFB Esquimalt, and 18 at CFB Halifax.

I have no idea how many are actually being used.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

He went missing in Owen Sound the night after graduation and they found his body 6 days later near the water filtration plant.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/owen-sound-police-news-conference-andrew-fitzgerald-missing-soldier-1.3727833

No indication in any articles on whether they're suspecting foul play.

Update:

The investigation is concluded, police doesn't suspect foul play.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/andrew-fitzgerald-canadian-armed-forces-owen-sound-1.3735911

Vadoc fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 26, 2016

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

As if you'd find it even with a bright colouring in the middle of a long grass field trampled by vehicles and a hundred people.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

I have one of these :(

it's actually not terrible save from being a little splotchy from instructors punching me in that shoulder the week after I got it.

Hah! I remember that.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

They replaced the old payroll system with a new glitchy one.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/phoenix-pay-queue-grows-by-200000-pay-transactions-unknown-number-of-public-servants-affected

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

More than 200 federal civil servants involved in replacing Canada’s aging fighter jet fleet have been forced to swear they will not discuss the project for the rest of their lives.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/24/more-than-200-officials-forced-to-sign-lifetime-gag-order-on-fighter-jets

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

I knew it was bad, I didn't realize how bad.

Was the Sea King team sworn to secrecy too?

Maybe if they were getting the newest and greatest attack helicopters coated in stealth crap and other Gucci tech, but not for basically a transport/rescue helicopter. Though how long it took/is taking just to replace THAT is loving insane, our procurement process is a loving joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

:master: