Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Hope you have a good buffer of money for Depot, and you're going to end up in BC so expect to bunk up with a few room mates to pay rent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Oh good, I always thought that was a really lovely thing to do since everyone has bills to be paid plus possible emergency expenses that some basic amount of income needs to happen.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Most Lasik places offer a discount for being in the military too, or at least did when I had mine done. Something to bring up during your consultation.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

gently caress Meaford.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Bitching about things is how we pass the time in the combat arms, or in any arms of the military.

If you want to join the Reserves then go ahead, it is great money to supplement your income or to work while going to University. Or if you were thinking of the RegForce then maybe try to go for jobs that are in the air force, that would avoid most of the places we've mentioned (except Cold Lake).

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Dollars to Timbits your pension gets clawbacked anyway.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Not only did they get the public eye, but they got it for some real racist poo poo that the CF is desperately trying to distance itself from. I would pay to watch these charge parades.

I wonder if it will get plastered all over the local newspapers, or somewhere further in the back.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

quote:

A Facebook message that appears to be from Dave Eldridge, one of the military members who approached the activists and Indigenous protesters, told CBC News he is part of group called Proud Boys, a "multi-racial fraternal organization."

The Facebook page of the Proud Boys Canadian Chapters says they are "a fraternal organization of Western Chauvinists who will no longer apologize for creating the modern world," and do not discriminate on the basis of race or sexuality.

Eldridge said the group had thought the event was an anti-Canada protest and left after learning that wasn't the case.

Idiots.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Don't forget to link it, or scan and put it here so we can see it if they don't put it on their site.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Are you able to hold your head above water for at least 30-60 seconds while staying in place?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Yep, that's a racist organization. http://powerbase.info/index.php/Knights_Templar_International

Tell buddy to get out of it now, and show that letter up the chain.

Vadoc fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 15, 2017

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

They'll probably just call him to the office and have a chat, especially if he's doing it with all kinds of pictures of himself in uniform. If it's highly threatening stuff then that's going to end up in the sights of the RCMP in opening a file on him.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Saying something like "I disagree with his political views and agenda" is fine, "Turdeau is a loving moron and has got to go." is not.

You keep it to yourself or only talk about it in a private settings, anything you do in public or publicly accessible reflects on the military as well.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Goobs posted:

Why, when it's so easy to get you guys going? Can you source where it says I have to agree with the decisions the PM makes 100% as a Forces member? You guys are so touchy it's cute.

Spectrum must be pretty full with you guys on it, whooo boy.

You're disagreeing by calling him an idiot, and probably worse and doing so publicly and online. THAT you loving idiot is what you are NOT permitted to loving do as a serving member.

You can say a shitload of other stuff, there's a loving whole lot of things you can say to get your point across that we've been saying. YOU are going for the poo poo NOT permitted.

Vadoc fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 16, 2017

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Nope, haven't heard a thing about those boyz, it'll probably be in the news again after the review.

Socks, shirts, field hat, and absolutely the thermals in the winter. There's other odds and ends but they're mostly stuff that I bought at the CANEX for extra convenience or basically inherited from my father from his own stash of kit after he had retired. I like to use a KFS set at work for my lunch and dinner and have my coffee in the green covered mug.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

I don't quite know the distance in getting there but I would definitely recommend taking public transit rather than renting a car. It's far cheaper and European road signs are different to our own. Public transit is everywhere, frequent, and run on time.

In fact, I did a quick google and found this that lays it out quite well I think.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1061563-i16319-k3773318-Vimy_as_day_trip_from_Paris-Vimy_Pas_de_Calais_Hauts_de_France.html

Expedia also has a Day trip that you could book if you're not picky being with others for a guided tour. https://www.expedia.ca/things-to-do/arras-vimy-ridge-wwi-western-front-day-trip.a419747.activity-details

Vadoc fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 20, 2018

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

IMPORTANT NOTICE Don't forget about the raffle/golf tournament.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Neat, put that link here when it does become available please.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Typical.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

And if someone says 'fire' in their sleep, it only counts if they repeat it two more times in quick succession, otherwise it's safe to go back to sleep.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Thanks. I didn’t expect the RCMP thing to happen so fast. I don’t want to get smoked right out of the gate. Laying low will be nice.

Congrats and good luck in BC afterwards.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

loving hell time flies.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Oh right..I haven't started my process for that card yet.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

I would give online a try first, what's the link?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Cool, thanks.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Scalloped Potatoes and Ham

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Pet got mentioned in Hitman 3 apparently.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Canuck-Errant posted:

The Lottery, only instead of being stoned you're promoted to CDS

New thread title?

Also https://www.thebeaverton.com/2021/0...cal-girl-guide/

Vadoc fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 26, 2021

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Yep.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Replaced by new ones or whatever the new hotness is instead of being returned I'd think.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

And multicoloured hair

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

If anyone here was in CFB Valcartier between 1995 and 2006 you're apparently possibly owed money due to contaminated water.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...ee0ef19185e4157

Thankfully we left in 93.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Still better equipped than Russia.