Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008
Fellow CF goon here, medical officer in training at UBC in Vancouver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008

FuhrerHat posted:

Unless you're applying for a priorty-1 trade, then your application gets rushed through on christmas eve :cool:

My application to the MOTP got rushed through in two and a half weeks for the selection deadline :cool:

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008
I'm an MOTP doing my first expres test in a couple of weeks, hopefully it shouldn't be too bad? I was hoping to go do basic this summer but my summer is too short that I can't even fit in with the shortened schedule that they do for Meds/Dents :( I really wanted to get my rear end kicked into gear.

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008
Med/Dent MOTP members start out at 2nd Lt. if they're medical/dental students. There could be captains that are direct entry doctors/dentists perhaps? We do two shorter 7 week basic programs to fit in with our shorter summers. I just found out that I'm not going to be able to go to basic this summer because my summer is STILL too short for that with holiday time off. For part of my recruitment process it was necessary to talk to a GP on base, so if you get far enough along in the process you should be encouraged to do so. I don't know about the training yet but yeah, non-MOTP seem to think that it's easier than regular basic, which is too bad because I want to get my rear end kicked the same as everyone else.

I'm a first year MOTP student so I can't answer much really but I can try to tell you what I know about the program if you have other questions.

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008
Found out this week that I'm going to health services BMOQ this summer, June 21 - August 6. Anyone been through the HS BMOQ? It's shorter for our shortened summers (we do two blocks of 7 weeks), anyone have any tips on what to expect for it, and how the schedule/training compares to BMQ?

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008
How does the PT of BMOQ compare to BMQ?

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008
Getting my things together in preparation for BMOQ starting on Saturday! I'm flying to Quebec City for a few days vacation before starting at St-Jean. I'm hoping there is more focus on PT and getting my rear end kicked into shape rather than powerpoint and first aid training. I'm in the MOTP so I'm doing a shortened 7 week health service branch BMOQ, and we do the other half another summer. Any tips on what to expect?

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008

Lt. Jebus posted:

I did my basic with some doctors and dentists ( they didn't have a separate course back then). They could have shot all our entire course DS staff and still passed because we desperately needed them.

So enjoy yourself.

Well apparently now we're not so desperate for docs. They have a selection board for it now and they're turning people away, and they've stopped the signing bonuses, so maybe they won't be desperate to please at BMOQ.

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008
Just finished a seven week stint of BMOQ. I'm in MOTP and our summer is too short to do the full 15 week program, so we do a split of 7 and 8. If anyone else around here was/is at St-Jean this summer, you might have seen our pathetic 18 member health services platoon stumbling around. I hope other platoons didn't make fun of us too much :(

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008

tuyop posted:

My company 2IC called me into his office today, my request to try again for a transfer with the BPSO was denied by the adj.

My options were ammo tech or release. gently caress ammo tech, I handed in my memo fifteen minutes later.

BFC is going to poo poo bricks.

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008
I can't imagine it would apply if you're already out. It's a payment in exchange for giving up future severance benefits. Just now people with less than 10 years get it because they could be planning on staying long enough that they would've received it. And yes, it is taxable income.

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008

tuyop posted:

Yes, DO NOT go to RMC. You'll be surrounded by fags and forced to do really dumb, faggy poo poo all day for four years. After you're done, everyone will hear that you did RMC and think that you are a faggy poo poo, even if you're a cool dude.

Don't use stupid hate-language like this here. By the way I got my YNAB shirt, thanks!

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008
What about travelling in civvies with wife and kids if I have my ID? Anyone tried it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CanadianSuperKing
Dec 29, 2008
Having two kidney stones within five years of eachother means you're more inclined to have them repeatedly in your life. It's a higher risk that you'd have one in a low-resource setting like a deployment. If it happens to a member, they get a permanent medical category and eventual medical release. They don't want to take you until you've shown you're lower risk.