Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

I just got back from the recruiting center and I was told to wait until April when more positions will be opening up. Next week I'm going for my CFAT and the person I talked to recommended me the NCM subsidized education program. I was looking into joining infantry or something similar but was told those positions fill pretty fast and can be hard to get into. I noticed a lot of positions relating to communication that are open and several navy positions. Can any of you give me some insight to joining as infantry or the NCM-SEP program?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

just took my CFAT today. apparently I did really well and there was only a few jobs I wasn't eligible for. I'm looking into signal operator right now for what to apply for. My recruiting center had one and from what he said about it, and what was on the info sheet about it, it seems like I would likely enjoy it. Any goons here a signal operator or know more about them?

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Rank in the military should be given based on who has the manliest facial hair.
Wanna trim your beard? then your demoted back to lieutenant. This applies to women as well.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

only if it has those awesome viking style braids.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

screw those dinky combat knives, we should get loving battleaxes!:black101:

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

my pet monster posted:

I am going reg. as a SigOp. Leave for BMQ in St. Jean Feb. 27th and start officially March 1st.

I'm signing up as reg. SigOp as well. I still need to get my highschool records in but the guy I talked to said I should be sent out sometime shortly after april

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

In a few days I'm handing in my completed application. I was originally going to apply for an Engineer or Soldier position but those seem to be all full so I was looking around and thought signal operator looked fairly interesting. Can anyone give me some insight into that trade or suggest another?

E: Also, I don't suppose there is any loophole or something to get into Infantry or Engineer even though the recruiter said it's closed?

LemonAIDS fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 20, 2010

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

ThalidomEid posted:

:words:

The recruiter I talked to was a Sig Op. Between him and the website, I'm told Sig Ops are in charge of setting up/maintaining communications on the field, operate communication equipment, and wouldn't end up being stuck in an office 24/7. It just seems like something that would interest me but like I said, I'm not dead set on Sig Ops and am willing to look into trades you guys would suggest. Also I'd appreciate some info on what those jobs do rather than listen to recruiters. One recruiter tried to convince me to sign up as a sonar operator because "It's just like the hunt for red October!:v:"

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

The recruiting center seems harder to get ahold of than they should be. I missed a call to book my interview a few days ago and I've been jumping through hoops to try to get ahold of them and leaving them messages to return my calls and I'm having no luck at all :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Got my interview and medical coming up in a few days? Anything I should know other than the obvious stuff like the trade I'm applying for?