Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Well while I have this question on my mind how stupid would I be to become a reservist resource management clerk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Simkin posted:

Depends on how much you like paperwork, I guess. You'll likely rarely have trouble finding class A or B work if that's what you're thinking of doing.

MA-Horus posted:

You'll always have work

Career progression is awesome (they will throw you on your QLs ASAP)

If you're a guy, be prepared to be looked down at by combat arms troops.
(At least that was my experience, you get very little respect even if you were combat arms before and were forced to switch trades)

I don't mind too much, just thinking offhandedly if it would give a good career skill set for civilian work.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

flakeloaf posted:

If that's your goal, become a hull or HVAC tech.

MA-Horus posted:

If you can somehow get a SAP cert and a TS rating, maybe.

Otherwise you're an office goon. Push dem papers.

Just thinking offhandedly because I'm already in school for engineering and I'm 90% sure engineering in the canadian forces is not really alike to the engineering I've learned in school, doing administrative stuff seems to be useful if I wanted to try my hand at a sole proprietorship for engineering.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Barrakketh posted:

It means the thread title is more relevant than ever.

Wondering when you guys will issue C1's again they look pretty snazzy and the Pattern 64/82 gear will make Canada stand out on the battlefield.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
Probably for the best we cooperate with russia god knows we can't even maintain what we have now

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-s-military-bases-falling-apart-due-to-lack-of-funding-national-defence-audit-1.3098400

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
The Lasik Thread in the ask/tell forum may be helpful for anyone considering Lasik/eye surgery personal experiences and questions can be answered here.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I also think it's complete bullshit. If you're doing more than 6 years, chances are you're in the CF until you retire. This program was designed so that it would be used as little as possible.

How long are officers in for? Would be weird if it would mainly be used by people already with a degree.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
Whoops Didn't think the griffin was retasked to be a bomber.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
So the captain of the RHIB gets relieved for running aground right? Has to be some NCM they can sack for that.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
Mom and dad fight a lot, why do you hate your countries economy? If the government built housing for its military members they would devastate the local and national economy, proving that government housing could be cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

SuperSix posted:

Did he bring them from Canada to the states first? Selection wise it doesn't seem like there's much actually prohib pre handgun ban. Just saying if he was trying to sneak US firearms back at least have a couple ARs or something? Not counting the handguns these are look non restricted to me

A different news article shows the prohibited firearms he was smuggling, mostly AR lowers and I think 2 complete AR rifles. Also had what I highly suspected was a FRT (Forced reset trigger a grey-area US legal full auto-like trigger but 100% a prohibited device in Canada)

But really the not declaring things is the biggest problem