Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Are there any intelligence or signals officers here? I'm guessing the IO's can't talk about it but I'm wondering about the skill set a signals officer would acquire and how it might apply to private infosec work later in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

compressioncut posted:

Nah the Auroras are now much better, good even (Block III modernization). The reel-to-reels were on the way out finally when I left.

The dumbest thing the RCN has done lately is the "one navy" concept, with operations based on the east coast and "training" on the west. That meant a bunch of stuff, but the upshot was basically all the control of the serious poo poo moved east as if it was 1983. Lots of justifications but really it was nothing more than the east coast officer mafia getting what they wanted.
God that is stupid. I know it would require defence spending to be at 4% of GDP for decades and thousands of new recruits but we need a carrier group for each ocean with the amount of coastline this country has. Nevermind a complete lack of nuclear icebreakers up north.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
My condolences on the new Minister.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Never thought I'd be working for the dude who ousted the crack smoking mayor of Toronto.
Blair sucks but calling him a pleomorphic liposarcoma is a bit much.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

mdivi posted:

Go find another job. The CAF is not for you.
are we still talking about the new minister

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

flakeloaf posted:

They will definitely not tell you to gently caress off
They might tell you to go home and apply on the website if you’re at a sufficiently lazy recruitment office (though that was ~10 years ago).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Yeah same, I own my place in an awesome city and I am sure as poo poo not trading that for a barracks in St. Jean