Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Nothing happen for nothing

Frosted Flake posted:

Well once the facebook page got shut down, guys at 2 Horse said they heard from a guy at 1 RCHA that someone in Shilo got caught. Bloggins mostly posted about the Pats and Strats too.

Sounds credible.

Frosted Flake posted:

The new fitness test is pretty cool. The casualty drag was really easy though, I don't think 140lbs really represents what someone would weight with all their kit on.

Its dragging 4 20kg bags, and holding 1 20kg bag. 5x20kg = 100kg aka 220lbs, which is about what your average soldier would weigh with kit on.

You're pretty cool, Frosted Flake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

I'd like ball caps to be introduced before my 25 years are up, that'd be sweet.

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

We lost an extremely good soldier and great guy yesterday boys. Have a drink or do some squats for him.

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

If you're AVS, you'll be posted to Borden, ON until there are slots available for POET (performance oriented electronics training) in Kingston, ON. Once you are put onto a course, you will be sent there for several months. Then you'll return to Borden to do your tools training and QL3s, and then posted out to a wing. Good luck!

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Techs rule. No bias or anything though. :)

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Geos do not have a sigs cap badge. They usually fall under same chain as int (hq) for deployments..

It also might sound cool to "not have officers" but what ends up happening is you just work for people who don't know you and can't write you up well.

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Is the Sig Saur different? I've probably shot over 2,500 rounds through mine and the only time I've had issues with jamming is due to dirt after dropping empty mags on reload.. a little water usually fixes it.

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Does anyone know exactly how APS posting messages are cut? After being cut - how are they delivered (I imagine through clerks and SSMs)?

Is there an actual timeline/deadline they all need to be delivered, or is it completely at the discretion of the CM/email chain?

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

Embassy security and Air Marshal time are two of the jammiest gigs in the trade. The year I spent in Kabul wasn't exactly a game-changer career wise but I made a bit of coin, had a lot of fun and met some seriously solid human beings (the Afghans and civi staff obviously; not my own supervisors).

If you aren't an MP, the only way you're getting a CP job is to join the unit that does CP, but the downside of that is having to live in Carleton Place.

Stittsville and Kanata aren't bad either.

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Always be prepared for disappointment.

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Samu posted:

You know what? The federal government can go gently caress itself.

They chose 6 years because the longest initial contract a person can sign is 5 years. By going to 6 years they drastically reduce the amount of money they have to give out to existing veterans who left the army after their VIE contract. It's such an obvious cost saving measure so that they can stand on this platform of caring about veterans while paying out the least amount possible.

My service of 5 years and 235 days is worthless apparently, so I'll just shoulder my 20k in OSAP debt I've incurred since releasing because apparently "knows how to camp and use C4" only qualified me to work with lowlifes doing roofing or landscaping, and going to school is really expenive.

This is loving horseshit. I was proud to serve my country, and us not having a GI bill never bothered me, but having this new benefit be so obviously aimed at dodging the majority of veterans is such a loving insult.

I think you've already redressed this - but nobody has called you on your whiny little rant - god drat you sound like a bitch.

Thank you for your 5 years and 235 days of service, veteran Samu.

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

There are so many scenarios where this benefit will bridge the gap between military education, qualifications and civilian job requirements. There are many people who leave after 6+ years that will take full or partial advantage of this.

This benefit applies to people who voluntarily release as well, so it will probably be used to persuade individuals to sign a CE and provide the CAF with another few good years of work.

I think it benefits both the CAF and the individuals who decide to take advantage of it!

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

MRChuck Norris posted:

That would make perfect sense. So i bet its way more difficult haha.

haha

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

whats the gip discord boys

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

what the gently caress is pace?

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

You sound fun to work with.

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

I have always been curious - what does "some incidental and living expenses" actually mean - are there any outlines and regulations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Go find another job. The CAF is not for you.